If you’re here looking for our cute Candy Turkey Craft, Just look down the right hand side of the page and you’ll see the photo. Click on it for the tutorial!
We haven’t done a Friday Favorites, or a Goodie Box post in quite a while, so let me explain what it is! First and foremost, we want to make it very clear that these posts are NOT sponsored, ever. There is no advertising or promotion going on here- in these posts we simply highlight things we’re loving at the moment. Things we buy and use ourselves, things we’re always talking about on Instagram, things we want to tell our friends (you!) about. And sometimes we go out and buy all of the stuff we’re talking about (we buy it ourselves, this isn’t free stuff that’s sent to us) and we put it in a hand-packed care package (because how fun is that?!) and we mail it to one of YOU! Now, this isn’t one of those Blogger-Favorite-Things posts where we give away ipads and designer purses. It’s the little random stuff from around town that you can actually go out and buy yourself after you read about it. Stuff you can look for at Target and the mall. Because we like to keep it real around here. So let’s get on with it- eh? Here’s some of my favorite things!
1. Bath & Body Works 3 wick Candles: Kate and I have a small
hoarding problem obsession when it comes to scented candles, but not all candles are created equal. We love Bath and Body Works, not only for the endless variety of fun scents and the fact that their shipping boxes are lined in blue gingham, but for the fact that when those babies are a burnin’ the smell really does fill up your entire house. I have a lot of favorite scents, but one of my favorites these days is Tis the Season. It’s a little fruity, a little spicy, maybe a tiny hint of evergreen in there…basically it just smells like Christmas. I’m sending a mason jar size in this scent!
2. Angie’s Kettle Cooked
Crack Popcorn: People who follow me on Instagram sometimes get the impression that I work for Angie’s Popcorn. I do not. I wish I did because I’m guessing the job comes with perks like lots of free popcorn, and then I would have half of my 2013 income back (you know, the half I spent on popcorn this year). If you haven’t tried out Angie’s products, stop waiting. I actually waited, because I figured what the heck- it’s popcorn. Don’t people know you can make this stuff at home? (And we make really good popcorn.) But then I tried some. And I was addicted at first bite. Angie’s is kettle cooked, comes in amazing flavors, and most of them are just ever so slightly coated in sweet, sugary, deliciousness. Just enough to make you feel like you’re eating something naughty, but not enough to ruin your diet. They’re all fairly low calorie and come in amazing flavors. It’s seriously a dieters dream. Two of my favorite holiday specials (BOTH going in this box) are Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt, and Iced Gingerbread. The peppermint is great too, but I make enough of my own Peppermint Bark Popcorn!
3. Jif Whips Peanut butter with Chocolate Mint: I instagramed a photo of this a while back because I thought it was so, SO weird. Like, whoever even thought of this idea? Were they on drugs at the time? How did it pass focus groups? Of course I had to buy it simply because of intrigue. I like peanut butter, I like chocolate, I like mint. I like peanut butter chocolate, I like mint chocolate. But peanut butter chocolate mint?? That’s crazy talk. What a bizarre combo. I opened it expecting to be repulsed and something else happened. I ate a spoonful, and then another spoonful, and then before long I was thinking of anything and everything I could think of that I could dip in there. Graham crackers, cookies, more spoons. I’d say it’s more of a chocolate mint spread, with a hint of nuttiness. I don’t really know how to explain it, but I like it. And I want someone else to try it out too, so it’s going in the box!
4. Candy Cane Bliss Handsoap: Of all of the amazing yummy smells at Bath and Body Works, Twisted Peppermint takes the cake. This candy cane bliss spells pretty much exactly like it, only the container is cuter (if you ask me). Peppermint soap that is refreshing and yummy, and makes you want to eat candy. Enjoy it.
5. World’s Softest Socks: Do you all have a pair of these?? At Costco you can buy a 3 pack for 10 bucks and they’re literally called “World’s Softest.” Like the brand claims, it’s like walking on clouds. In the winter, when I’m hanging around the house I wear them every day, and my husband stares at my feet every time I pull them up over my skinny jeans. I don’t care; they’re the coziest socks everrrr. Also, they’re super good for sliding contests, if you happen to have family sliding contests down your hard wood hallway. Just my family? Okay then. I actually forgot to get these (along with half of my grocery list) at Costco today because I was completely sidetracked and overstimulated by the onslaught of holiday sample stations. But I did grab Target’s version, which if you ask me, are plenty cozy themselves.
6. Market Pantry Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies: Soooooooo Goooooooood. These are amazing. Pumpkin Spice Cookie. Cheesecake Filling. Find them at Target. Only during the fall months. I dare you not to finish off that entire box in one sitting. That is all.
7. Holiday Mint M&M’s: My favorite specialty variety of M&M’s. My first bag of the season is as exciting as the first snow. I could easily down an entire bag of these single-handedly. There’s a white-chocolate candycane version too, but don’t be fooled. These are the best.
8. Pacific Foods Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup: I know. Kind of random that there’s a box of soup in here. But I’m sitting here writing out this post while sipping it out of my favorite mug, like I do at least once a day, every single day. So I thought, dang. I’m tossing a box of soup in. People need to be eating this stuff. If you haven’t been buying a case of this soup on every trip to Costco, you’re missing out. It’s super rich and creamy, but also super low calorie. And it’s a work horse in the kitchen. I love it plain, but it’s awesome as a base for any other soup, or smothered over enchiladas, or loaded with sour cream and bacon. It has a great, great flavor that I can’t get enough of. There’s an open carton in my fridge just all the time. You should be able to find it in most grocery stores, or like I said, you can buy a case at Costco for a killer price.
9. Baby Lips Dr. Rescue: All of my friends are obsessed with the Baby Lips line from Maybelline. They come in sheer colors, and make your lips super soft. It now comes in medicated, giving soft pretty color with a soothing peppermint scent and tingly feel. Love it. I’m tossing in one in the coral crush color!
10. Jo’s Candies Peppermint Crunch: There was a little specialty market near my childhood home that we stopped at on almost a daily basis for last-minute things like milk and bread. They have an amazing deli and bakery, and always stock their checkout lanes with unique little finds. One thing that was constant was packs of Jo’s Candies. These dark chocolate covered lemon crunch things are amaaaazing, and we’d anxiously await every Christmas when they’d stock Jo’s Peppermint Crunch. Squares of pure holiday heaven. The centers aren’t crunchy, but they’re not soft; it’s somewhere in between and they’re awesome. My Mom would often get the little pack of 2 and quietly sneak one to me and eat the other one herself. I haven’t seen these in years, and last night when I was checking out at World Market, I heard a chorus of angels and SAW THEM. I totally yelped out loud. And then I came home with a bag full of Jo’s. I’m parting with a tiny little 2 pack because I love you. But I’m hoarding the rest.
My package is all packed up and ready to go. I just need a name and address on it! If you want me to send this YOUR way, just leave one comment in the comment field below, and tell me one of your current winter time faves. Winner will be chosen in about a week and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or a new winner will be chosen. Go!
Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice with a Cranberry Bliss Bar
Clique, but I love eggnog!
any flavor of hot cocoa by Stephen’s are my fav winter treat and warm-up
How wonderfully sweet of you to offer this ~ thank you! Right now my winter time favorite thing would be anything soup! There are so many ways to make soup and it is a main staple with my awesome husband and I along with homemade bread during the winter months!
I too love the pumpkin cheesecake cookies!
I had to share them on break so I didn’t wind up eating the whole box!
I would certainly love you to send this package my way. I love the white chocolate peppermint pretzels from Costco. I had buy 2 bags when I was there because I never know if they are going to still be there the next time I go.
I want to try some of yours, though I already hoard the mint m&ms. It’s a tossup for me between Chick fil a peppermint choc chip shake or Panera’s pumpkin bagel with walnut cream cheese! Happy Thanksgiving!
I love peppermint Kisses. On cookies, in my hot cocoa, while snuggled under a quilt…They are so yummy!!!
My winter staple is Vaseline Intensive Rescue lotion. Living in eastern Idaho means killer dry skin all winter, and this is our favorite to prevent it! 🙂 I sure would love to win your favorites!
I love this time of year because I get to pull out my sticky cinnamon bun scentsy!!! It just makes the whole house smell wonderful!!!
I love peppermint jojos from Trader Joes!
Winter favorite: candy cane sandwich cookies from Trader Joe’s.
I can’t believe that box doesn’t already have my name on it! My Costco doesn’t carry that soup, but my old Costco did…life is hard. And I’m with ya on mint M&Ms! I’ve been through bags and bags and my kid don’t even know they exist, I hide them so well. Best. Mom. Ever.
Stephens white chocolate or mint truffle or raspberry hot chocolate are my wintertime favorites!!
I have a baby due any day now and would LOVE a winter care package! One of my current winter faves is Clementine Cuties! My kids and I love that they’re in season now. We’ve tried other brands of Mandarins and Clementines with poor results. I don’t know what it is, the Cuties just can’t be beat!
I think one of my winter time favorites is the holidays where family can get together and it’s like they never left, you pick up right where you left off teasing them, beating them or losing miserably to monopoly, reminisinging about that time you thought you had mom. Those are my favorite moments, it’s why I love the holidays.
I love to wear fuzzy socks during the wintertime. I actually get a little disappointed when I don’t see a new pair under the tree for Christmas….I know, a little weird.
I love the ginger pumpkin candles from Party Lite. They smell so heavenly!
I’m really loving my UGG boots! So what if this is San Diego? They make my feet feel really, really good and toasty!
Stephen’s Gourmet Cocoa!
Oh my!! You all got me hooked on those pumpkin cheesecake cookies last year! We were so excited to see them again! One of my winter faves is Blue Bell Christmas Cookies ice cream. Found our first carton of the season yesterday!!
These are so fun! In the fall I love apple cider!! It’s one of my favorite things!
How fun! My favorite right now is to curl up with a good book while sipping Stephens hot chocolate.
I love all peppermint with chocolate candies!
I love the starbucks seasonal flavors. I enjoy the peppermint mocha…yum!
I love that pomegranates are in season now! I toss them on my salads, and they make a wonderful treat drizzled with dark chocolate and chilled. Yum!
We love mint m&ms at our house. One of my daughters loves mint things. What could be better then mint and m&m’s? I would love to try these. I love this time of year and the smells and tastes that go with it!
Besides oranges and mint M&MS, one of my favorite wintertime treats are iced gingerbread cookies. You can get them in a little bag at Walmart for $2.00 and they are amazing. I don’t usually go for crunchy cookies first, but these have just enough sweetness, spice, and crunch to them that they are perfect–especially with a glass of milk!
My favorite things are lots of holiday candles, holiday creamers, my fireplace, sweaters,coziness.
My winter favorite is college basketball.