If you’re here looking for our cute Candy Turkey Craft, Just look down the right hand side of the page and you’ll see the photo. Click on it for the tutorial!
We haven’t done a Friday Favorites, or a Goodie Box post in quite a while, so let me explain what it is! First and foremost, we want to make it very clear that these posts are NOT sponsored, ever. There is no advertising or promotion going on here- in these posts we simply highlight things we’re loving at the moment. Things we buy and use ourselves, things we’re always talking about on Instagram, things we want to tell our friends (you!) about. And sometimes we go out and buy all of the stuff we’re talking about (we buy it ourselves, this isn’t free stuff that’s sent to us) and we put it in a hand-packed care package (because how fun is that?!) and we mail it to one of YOU! Now, this isn’t one of those Blogger-Favorite-Things posts where we give away ipads and designer purses. It’s the little random stuff from around town that you can actually go out and buy yourself after you read about it. Stuff you can look for at Target and the mall. Because we like to keep it real around here. So let’s get on with it- eh? Here’s some of my favorite things!
1. Bath & Body Works 3 wick Candles: Kate and I have a small
hoarding problem obsession when it comes to scented candles, but not all candles are created equal. We love Bath and Body Works, not only for the endless variety of fun scents and the fact that their shipping boxes are lined in blue gingham, but for the fact that when those babies are a burnin’ the smell really does fill up your entire house. I have a lot of favorite scents, but one of my favorites these days is Tis the Season. It’s a little fruity, a little spicy, maybe a tiny hint of evergreen in there…basically it just smells like Christmas. I’m sending a mason jar size in this scent!
2. Angie’s Kettle Cooked
Crack Popcorn: People who follow me on Instagram sometimes get the impression that I work for Angie’s Popcorn. I do not. I wish I did because I’m guessing the job comes with perks like lots of free popcorn, and then I would have half of my 2013 income back (you know, the half I spent on popcorn this year). If you haven’t tried out Angie’s products, stop waiting. I actually waited, because I figured what the heck- it’s popcorn. Don’t people know you can make this stuff at home? (And we make really good popcorn.) But then I tried some. And I was addicted at first bite. Angie’s is kettle cooked, comes in amazing flavors, and most of them are just ever so slightly coated in sweet, sugary, deliciousness. Just enough to make you feel like you’re eating something naughty, but not enough to ruin your diet. They’re all fairly low calorie and come in amazing flavors. It’s seriously a dieters dream. Two of my favorite holiday specials (BOTH going in this box) are Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt, and Iced Gingerbread. The peppermint is great too, but I make enough of my own Peppermint Bark Popcorn!
3. Jif Whips Peanut butter with Chocolate Mint: I instagramed a photo of this a while back because I thought it was so, SO weird. Like, whoever even thought of this idea? Were they on drugs at the time? How did it pass focus groups? Of course I had to buy it simply because of intrigue. I like peanut butter, I like chocolate, I like mint. I like peanut butter chocolate, I like mint chocolate. But peanut butter chocolate mint?? That’s crazy talk. What a bizarre combo. I opened it expecting to be repulsed and something else happened. I ate a spoonful, and then another spoonful, and then before long I was thinking of anything and everything I could think of that I could dip in there. Graham crackers, cookies, more spoons. I’d say it’s more of a chocolate mint spread, with a hint of nuttiness. I don’t really know how to explain it, but I like it. And I want someone else to try it out too, so it’s going in the box!
4. Candy Cane Bliss Handsoap: Of all of the amazing yummy smells at Bath and Body Works, Twisted Peppermint takes the cake. This candy cane bliss spells pretty much exactly like it, only the container is cuter (if you ask me). Peppermint soap that is refreshing and yummy, and makes you want to eat candy. Enjoy it.
5. World’s Softest Socks: Do you all have a pair of these?? At Costco you can buy a 3 pack for 10 bucks and they’re literally called “World’s Softest.” Like the brand claims, it’s like walking on clouds. In the winter, when I’m hanging around the house I wear them every day, and my husband stares at my feet every time I pull them up over my skinny jeans. I don’t care; they’re the coziest socks everrrr. Also, they’re super good for sliding contests, if you happen to have family sliding contests down your hard wood hallway. Just my family? Okay then. I actually forgot to get these (along with half of my grocery list) at Costco today because I was completely sidetracked and overstimulated by the onslaught of holiday sample stations. But I did grab Target’s version, which if you ask me, are plenty cozy themselves.
6. Market Pantry Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies: Soooooooo Goooooooood. These are amazing. Pumpkin Spice Cookie. Cheesecake Filling. Find them at Target. Only during the fall months. I dare you not to finish off that entire box in one sitting. That is all.
7. Holiday Mint M&M’s: My favorite specialty variety of M&M’s. My first bag of the season is as exciting as the first snow. I could easily down an entire bag of these single-handedly. There’s a white-chocolate candycane version too, but don’t be fooled. These are the best.
8. Pacific Foods Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup: I know. Kind of random that there’s a box of soup in here. But I’m sitting here writing out this post while sipping it out of my favorite mug, like I do at least once a day, every single day. So I thought, dang. I’m tossing a box of soup in. People need to be eating this stuff. If you haven’t been buying a case of this soup on every trip to Costco, you’re missing out. It’s super rich and creamy, but also super low calorie. And it’s a work horse in the kitchen. I love it plain, but it’s awesome as a base for any other soup, or smothered over enchiladas, or loaded with sour cream and bacon. It has a great, great flavor that I can’t get enough of. There’s an open carton in my fridge just all the time. You should be able to find it in most grocery stores, or like I said, you can buy a case at Costco for a killer price.
9. Baby Lips Dr. Rescue: All of my friends are obsessed with the Baby Lips line from Maybelline. They come in sheer colors, and make your lips super soft. It now comes in medicated, giving soft pretty color with a soothing peppermint scent and tingly feel. Love it. I’m tossing in one in the coral crush color!
10. Jo’s Candies Peppermint Crunch: There was a little specialty market near my childhood home that we stopped at on almost a daily basis for last-minute things like milk and bread. They have an amazing deli and bakery, and always stock their checkout lanes with unique little finds. One thing that was constant was packs of Jo’s Candies. These dark chocolate covered lemon crunch things are amaaaazing, and we’d anxiously await every Christmas when they’d stock Jo’s Peppermint Crunch. Squares of pure holiday heaven. The centers aren’t crunchy, but they’re not soft; it’s somewhere in between and they’re awesome. My Mom would often get the little pack of 2 and quietly sneak one to me and eat the other one herself. I haven’t seen these in years, and last night when I was checking out at World Market, I heard a chorus of angels and SAW THEM. I totally yelped out loud. And then I came home with a bag full of Jo’s. I’m parting with a tiny little 2 pack because I love you. But I’m hoarding the rest.
My package is all packed up and ready to go. I just need a name and address on it! If you want me to send this YOUR way, just leave one comment in the comment field below, and tell me one of your current winter time faves. Winner will be chosen in about a week and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or a new winner will be chosen. Go!
I always look forward to holiday scented candles (Bath and body works Cinnamon and clove buds is one of my favorites) and all of the delicious appetizers that come along with the season’s festivities!
I am a super SNOWMAN freak… so this time of year, it takes me a few weekends to get all my snowmen decorations up around my house. My boyfriend likes to joke that my snowmen get more attention then he does! Costco currently has a 5 foot tall LED Stacked outdoor snowman decoration that I would cut my left foot off to have!
Oh, and my other new Fall/Winter favorite (new to me, they have been around for a while) are the Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Waffle and Pancake mix. The recipe calls for milk, eggs, and melted butter, but I subbed in buttermilk for the regular milk, and I swear IT WAS PURE HEAVEN ON A PLATE, and so I went and bought 20 more boxes of the mix, because it is only seasonal! A bit insane, but still epically wonderful! Yep, it is heaven!
Okay, I think we need to be the best of friends! This is my kind of Friday night! Some of my very faves right there in that box! Love Love Love! Thank you!
Anything peppermint is a most and you can’ tog wrong with bath and body work!
Candied pecans are a serious problem for me this time of year. 🙂
We treat ourselves to Lindt truffles and dark chocolate covered caramels finished with sea salt. You have some good stuff listed here…I’m going to have to look for those cookies at Target.
I love gingerbread marshmallows. They taste great in hot chocolate, or with Rice Krispies.
What an enticing box of holiday faves. We don’t have a Trader Joes and those cookies sound amazing! I just tried the red velvet latte from Dunkin Donuts and it is yummy!!
I started laughing as I read your info about the Jif Whips. I had not seen that one before and will admit my first reaction was exactly what you wrote. NOW I MUST try that after your comments.
My current fav are the Chocolate Mint M&M’s. My son bought me a small package of them last week and I managed somehow to make that last an entire week. Each morning that little package greeted me and said “Good Morning Vicki. Don’t you want one yet?” And so, I would have one with my coffee each morning and then another after supper. I don’t know how I managed to make that small package last that long because I am THE Queen of NO self control, but I did. It will NOT happen again, I assure you. LOL
I am super jealous you have a World Market near you. They closed ours about 3 yrs ago. It was such a sad day when those doors closed for the last time. I LOVE that store. You’d think that in the 3rd largest city in IL they would have left our store alone but nope, closed it right up on us. 🙁 I miss that store a lot. Think of me when you shop there next time.
Thank you for the amazing goodies, or at least the chance to win them. I know they would have a wonderful home here with me. I know my ‘almost’ 2 yr old Granddaughter and her Momma who live here with us (and my son) would be very helpful in making sure nothing got stale.
I love chocolate and peanut butter, together or separate. I’d love to try those Jif Whips
Love all your favorites. I just found Cadbury chocolates that are usually only available at Easter. Super excited to try these chocolates covered with a candy shell in red and green!
About 5 or 6 years ago Bath and Body works had a Christmas sent called Sugar Cookies and I LOVED it!!! They don’t make it anymore but I keep looking 🙂
My fav for this year is Dilettante mint truffles from Costco. The whole family LOVES them. I have to ration them to one per day!! Delicious.
Peppermint hot chocolate with whip cream …..YUM!
Those mint m&ms have been my favorite holiday treat for years. I am like a little kid the first time I see them. It is a good thing they are not around all year.
One of my favorites is butternut squash soup! Can you say YUMMY?!! Also, Chic Fil A’s peppermint chocolate shake is to die for!! They only have it out during christmas so I make sure to get one every chance I get! 🙂 ahh I love the holidays!!!
My new wintertime favorite is SNICKERDOODLE MILK!! It’s made by Market Pantry, and you can buy it at Target….seriously amazing!!!
My winter fave is peppermint bark or anything peppermint. 🙂
Sounds so wonderful!
Oh, I need these things! Especially the Jo’s.
I love the Bath &Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel lotion!
I love all of you winter favorites!
My winter favorites that I absolutely cant live without is C.O Bigelow lip balm, my favorite night balm and bigelow mentha supreme. Both feel great on dry, chapped lips st winter. Carmel salted hot cocoa and a warm faux fur blanket.
I love me some Burt’s Bee’s chap stick and Harvey’s Hot Buttered Rum mix!
I love this! My favorite wintertime thing are snowflakes and getting caught up in my children’s excitement over everything Christmas!
I love those mints shaped like a hershey kiss in the pastel colors, with little white sprinkles on them. I always got them in my stocking so every Christmas, I need them:)
I love blue bunny peppermint candy ice cream! So yummy!!
#2! Best combo ever! Chocolate + Salt = best combo ever!
I love the French Vanilla Snowman marshmallows.
Ya’ll are so thoughtful and great to share new products with your readers! Thank you!! p.s. I am using your recipes to make sides for a family I am donating Thanksgiving Dinner to this year. YUM YUM!!!
My winter favorite is to watch White Christmas snuggled up with a cup of Stephens Mint Truffle hot chocolate. Having a side of tasty M&Ms would make perfection. 🙂