If you’re here looking for our cute Candy Turkey Craft, Just look down the right hand side of the page and you’ll see the photo. Click on it for the tutorial!
We haven’t done a Friday Favorites, or a Goodie Box post in quite a while, so let me explain what it is! First and foremost, we want to make it very clear that these posts are NOT sponsored, ever. There is no advertising or promotion going on here- in these posts we simply highlight things we’re loving at the moment. Things we buy and use ourselves, things we’re always talking about on Instagram, things we want to tell our friends (you!) about. And sometimes we go out and buy all of the stuff we’re talking about (we buy it ourselves, this isn’t free stuff that’s sent to us) and we put it in a hand-packed care package (because how fun is that?!) and we mail it to one of YOU! Now, this isn’t one of those Blogger-Favorite-Things posts where we give away ipads and designer purses. It’s the little random stuff from around town that you can actually go out and buy yourself after you read about it. Stuff you can look for at Target and the mall. Because we like to keep it real around here. So let’s get on with it- eh? Here’s some of my favorite things!
1. Bath & Body Works 3 wick Candles: Kate and I have a small
hoarding problem obsession when it comes to scented candles, but not all candles are created equal. We love Bath and Body Works, not only for the endless variety of fun scents and the fact that their shipping boxes are lined in blue gingham, but for the fact that when those babies are a burnin’ the smell really does fill up your entire house. I have a lot of favorite scents, but one of my favorites these days is Tis the Season. It’s a little fruity, a little spicy, maybe a tiny hint of evergreen in there…basically it just smells like Christmas. I’m sending a mason jar size in this scent!
2. Angie’s Kettle Cooked
Crack Popcorn: People who follow me on Instagram sometimes get the impression that I work for Angie’s Popcorn. I do not. I wish I did because I’m guessing the job comes with perks like lots of free popcorn, and then I would have half of my 2013 income back (you know, the half I spent on popcorn this year). If you haven’t tried out Angie’s products, stop waiting. I actually waited, because I figured what the heck- it’s popcorn. Don’t people know you can make this stuff at home? (And we make really good popcorn.) But then I tried some. And I was addicted at first bite. Angie’s is kettle cooked, comes in amazing flavors, and most of them are just ever so slightly coated in sweet, sugary, deliciousness. Just enough to make you feel like you’re eating something naughty, but not enough to ruin your diet. They’re all fairly low calorie and come in amazing flavors. It’s seriously a dieters dream. Two of my favorite holiday specials (BOTH going in this box) are Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt, and Iced Gingerbread. The peppermint is great too, but I make enough of my own Peppermint Bark Popcorn!
3. Jif Whips Peanut butter with Chocolate Mint: I instagramed a photo of this a while back because I thought it was so, SO weird. Like, whoever even thought of this idea? Were they on drugs at the time? How did it pass focus groups? Of course I had to buy it simply because of intrigue. I like peanut butter, I like chocolate, I like mint. I like peanut butter chocolate, I like mint chocolate. But peanut butter chocolate mint?? That’s crazy talk. What a bizarre combo. I opened it expecting to be repulsed and something else happened. I ate a spoonful, and then another spoonful, and then before long I was thinking of anything and everything I could think of that I could dip in there. Graham crackers, cookies, more spoons. I’d say it’s more of a chocolate mint spread, with a hint of nuttiness. I don’t really know how to explain it, but I like it. And I want someone else to try it out too, so it’s going in the box!
4. Candy Cane Bliss Handsoap: Of all of the amazing yummy smells at Bath and Body Works, Twisted Peppermint takes the cake. This candy cane bliss spells pretty much exactly like it, only the container is cuter (if you ask me). Peppermint soap that is refreshing and yummy, and makes you want to eat candy. Enjoy it.
5. World’s Softest Socks: Do you all have a pair of these?? At Costco you can buy a 3 pack for 10 bucks and they’re literally called “World’s Softest.” Like the brand claims, it’s like walking on clouds. In the winter, when I’m hanging around the house I wear them every day, and my husband stares at my feet every time I pull them up over my skinny jeans. I don’t care; they’re the coziest socks everrrr. Also, they’re super good for sliding contests, if you happen to have family sliding contests down your hard wood hallway. Just my family? Okay then. I actually forgot to get these (along with half of my grocery list) at Costco today because I was completely sidetracked and overstimulated by the onslaught of holiday sample stations. But I did grab Target’s version, which if you ask me, are plenty cozy themselves.
6. Market Pantry Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies: Soooooooo Goooooooood. These are amazing. Pumpkin Spice Cookie. Cheesecake Filling. Find them at Target. Only during the fall months. I dare you not to finish off that entire box in one sitting. That is all.
7. Holiday Mint M&M’s: My favorite specialty variety of M&M’s. My first bag of the season is as exciting as the first snow. I could easily down an entire bag of these single-handedly. There’s a white-chocolate candycane version too, but don’t be fooled. These are the best.
8. Pacific Foods Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup: I know. Kind of random that there’s a box of soup in here. But I’m sitting here writing out this post while sipping it out of my favorite mug, like I do at least once a day, every single day. So I thought, dang. I’m tossing a box of soup in. People need to be eating this stuff. If you haven’t been buying a case of this soup on every trip to Costco, you’re missing out. It’s super rich and creamy, but also super low calorie. And it’s a work horse in the kitchen. I love it plain, but it’s awesome as a base for any other soup, or smothered over enchiladas, or loaded with sour cream and bacon. It has a great, great flavor that I can’t get enough of. There’s an open carton in my fridge just all the time. You should be able to find it in most grocery stores, or like I said, you can buy a case at Costco for a killer price.
9. Baby Lips Dr. Rescue: All of my friends are obsessed with the Baby Lips line from Maybelline. They come in sheer colors, and make your lips super soft. It now comes in medicated, giving soft pretty color with a soothing peppermint scent and tingly feel. Love it. I’m tossing in one in the coral crush color!
10. Jo’s Candies Peppermint Crunch: There was a little specialty market near my childhood home that we stopped at on almost a daily basis for last-minute things like milk and bread. They have an amazing deli and bakery, and always stock their checkout lanes with unique little finds. One thing that was constant was packs of Jo’s Candies. These dark chocolate covered lemon crunch things are amaaaazing, and we’d anxiously await every Christmas when they’d stock Jo’s Peppermint Crunch. Squares of pure holiday heaven. The centers aren’t crunchy, but they’re not soft; it’s somewhere in between and they’re awesome. My Mom would often get the little pack of 2 and quietly sneak one to me and eat the other one herself. I haven’t seen these in years, and last night when I was checking out at World Market, I heard a chorus of angels and SAW THEM. I totally yelped out loud. And then I came home with a bag full of Jo’s. I’m parting with a tiny little 2 pack because I love you. But I’m hoarding the rest.
My package is all packed up and ready to go. I just need a name and address on it! If you want me to send this YOUR way, just leave one comment in the comment field below, and tell me one of your current winter time faves. Winner will be chosen in about a week and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or a new winner will be chosen. Go!
Mint M&M’s for sure! Love the Market Pantry Pumpkin cheescake cookies too, but have you tried the Gingerbread cheesecake ones? There pretty much my fave!
Warm blankets on the couch with hot chocolate
I love peppermint kisses!
I love hot chocolate with a bit of candy cane and eggnog. Not together, but both for the season. And surprise packages in the mail.:)
Can’t imagine any holiday without m&m s.
I am really loving Trader Joe’s Peppermint Joe Joes…you can make them into the most delicious truffles!!!
My favorite winter treat is Blue Bell Peppermint ice cream (only at the holiday and the BEST I’ve ever had)! To step it up even more, I dish out a scoop full and put it in my hot chocolate. AMAZING!!
I live over an hour away from any Target or Costco, so a package like this would be amazing! But thankfully I can pick up Betty Crocker Almond Joy frosting here at Wallyworld. My new favorite frosting in a can is sooo yummy.
I love the way my house smells when I burn Bath and Body Work’s “Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin” scent (although I also love Yankee Candle’s “Harvest” and “Cranberry Chutney” scents 🙂
Chocolate covered cherries!
A current winter fave? Living in the Pacific NW, I love it when we get a break from the clouds and rain and have blue sky and sunshine. I don’t even mind it if it’s 30F – it just feels so beautiful. I love the crisp air and the beauty of the frost on anything. And then when me and my girls get home from our walk, we come inside for some fresh pumpkin bread, and perhaps some hot cocoa to go along with it.
I love the twisted peppermint soap too. One of my sons hates mint though and refuses to wash his hands in whatever sink that soap is near. Haha
Well, your list is pretty amazing looking! Holy cow, good stuff! I love my Big Soft Ginger cookies- a holiday season must! But also last week I couldn’t justify spending money on ice cream when my hands were FREEZING, so instead I made 1/4 batch of choc/PB no-bake cookies, and ate it straight from the pan. So. Good.
Oh my heavens, a box of heaven!
Oddly enough, I enjoy those little chocolate covered orange or raspberry sticks, but they HAVE to be frozen. I can eat those and never stop
Every single one of the things you chose look amazing! It would be awesome to win them so I could try them all out! My current wintertime favorite is Stephen’s Mint Truffle hot chocolate! It’s so yummy and warms you up on a cold winter day!
Old English cheese in a jar. Ohhhh yeah.
It may seem pedestrian, but I love the mint M&M’s. They should never be left out near me. They will disappear.
Some of my current winter time faves are cuddling up with my fuzzy blanket and sipping hot cocoa. Oh and don’t forget watching a cute little Christmas show! I love the Holidays, I also love OBB!
Gingerbread and hot chocolate ! The softest socks memory reminded me of the time my husband and I came home to a hole in the living room wall. My two youngest kids had been sliding down the hall in their socks , and the older of the two put his foot through the wall. After the initial shock, we all had to laugh !….And be glad that he wasn’t hurt. He did get to help repair the wall.
Wow, all those things look and sound great! The only one of those I’ve tried are the mint M&Ms, which are always a favorite. I love chocolate and mint, so I want to try the Jif. A cold front just moved in today in Houston, so I get the urge to light a candle and drink some hot chocolate!
My favorite every year is the girardeli peppermint bark squares. To die for. I love them!
Actually, your corn chowder recipe is by far our winter favorite. My kids ask for it more than once a week and the missionaries asked me if I would make it EVERY time they came over for dinner. Thanks for the favorite!!!
I love a cup of dark hot chocolate in front of a cozy warm fire!
White chocolate peppermint M&Ms. !!
Such a fun winter faves list! I have a lot of winter favorites, but here are a few:
Bath and Body Works 3-wick candle in Winter
Ghirardelli dark chocolate peppermint bark
The Christmas Carol: “What Child is This?”
I love following you and enjoy your great recipes and ideas! Thank you so much!
Now that the weather is getting colder my favorite things are flavored coffees and cocoa.
I’m completely with you on the mint M&Ms. It’s almost embarrassing how many packages I buy to hoard and enjoy, and I’m always sad when the last bag is gone. Another fall favorite for me is pumpkin bagels with pumpkin shmear from Einsteins. So good!
One of my absolute favorites is a Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake made by one of our local restaurants. And then the new fav discovered last year, Ghiradelli’s Chocolate peppermint bark squares. I secretly hoard those at work!