If you’re here looking for our cute Candy Turkey Craft, Just look down the right hand side of the page and you’ll see the photo. Click on it for the tutorial!
We haven’t done a Friday Favorites, or a Goodie Box post in quite a while, so let me explain what it is! First and foremost, we want to make it very clear that these posts are NOT sponsored, ever. There is no advertising or promotion going on here- in these posts we simply highlight things we’re loving at the moment. Things we buy and use ourselves, things we’re always talking about on Instagram, things we want to tell our friends (you!) about. And sometimes we go out and buy all of the stuff we’re talking about (we buy it ourselves, this isn’t free stuff that’s sent to us) and we put it in a hand-packed care package (because how fun is that?!) and we mail it to one of YOU! Now, this isn’t one of those Blogger-Favorite-Things posts where we give away ipads and designer purses. It’s the little random stuff from around town that you can actually go out and buy yourself after you read about it. Stuff you can look for at Target and the mall. Because we like to keep it real around here. So let’s get on with it- eh? Here’s some of my favorite things!
1. Bath & Body Works 3 wick Candles: Kate and I have a small
hoarding problem obsession when it comes to scented candles, but not all candles are created equal. We love Bath and Body Works, not only for the endless variety of fun scents and the fact that their shipping boxes are lined in blue gingham, but for the fact that when those babies are a burnin’ the smell really does fill up your entire house. I have a lot of favorite scents, but one of my favorites these days is Tis the Season. It’s a little fruity, a little spicy, maybe a tiny hint of evergreen in there…basically it just smells like Christmas. I’m sending a mason jar size in this scent!
2. Angie’s Kettle Cooked
Crack Popcorn: People who follow me on Instagram sometimes get the impression that I work for Angie’s Popcorn. I do not. I wish I did because I’m guessing the job comes with perks like lots of free popcorn, and then I would have half of my 2013 income back (you know, the half I spent on popcorn this year). If you haven’t tried out Angie’s products, stop waiting. I actually waited, because I figured what the heck- it’s popcorn. Don’t people know you can make this stuff at home? (And we make really good popcorn.) But then I tried some. And I was addicted at first bite. Angie’s is kettle cooked, comes in amazing flavors, and most of them are just ever so slightly coated in sweet, sugary, deliciousness. Just enough to make you feel like you’re eating something naughty, but not enough to ruin your diet. They’re all fairly low calorie and come in amazing flavors. It’s seriously a dieters dream. Two of my favorite holiday specials (BOTH going in this box) are Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt, and Iced Gingerbread. The peppermint is great too, but I make enough of my own Peppermint Bark Popcorn!
3. Jif Whips Peanut butter with Chocolate Mint: I instagramed a photo of this a while back because I thought it was so, SO weird. Like, whoever even thought of this idea? Were they on drugs at the time? How did it pass focus groups? Of course I had to buy it simply because of intrigue. I like peanut butter, I like chocolate, I like mint. I like peanut butter chocolate, I like mint chocolate. But peanut butter chocolate mint?? That’s crazy talk. What a bizarre combo. I opened it expecting to be repulsed and something else happened. I ate a spoonful, and then another spoonful, and then before long I was thinking of anything and everything I could think of that I could dip in there. Graham crackers, cookies, more spoons. I’d say it’s more of a chocolate mint spread, with a hint of nuttiness. I don’t really know how to explain it, but I like it. And I want someone else to try it out too, so it’s going in the box!
4. Candy Cane Bliss Handsoap: Of all of the amazing yummy smells at Bath and Body Works, Twisted Peppermint takes the cake. This candy cane bliss spells pretty much exactly like it, only the container is cuter (if you ask me). Peppermint soap that is refreshing and yummy, and makes you want to eat candy. Enjoy it.
5. World’s Softest Socks: Do you all have a pair of these?? At Costco you can buy a 3 pack for 10 bucks and they’re literally called “World’s Softest.” Like the brand claims, it’s like walking on clouds. In the winter, when I’m hanging around the house I wear them every day, and my husband stares at my feet every time I pull them up over my skinny jeans. I don’t care; they’re the coziest socks everrrr. Also, they’re super good for sliding contests, if you happen to have family sliding contests down your hard wood hallway. Just my family? Okay then. I actually forgot to get these (along with half of my grocery list) at Costco today because I was completely sidetracked and overstimulated by the onslaught of holiday sample stations. But I did grab Target’s version, which if you ask me, are plenty cozy themselves.
6. Market Pantry Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies: Soooooooo Goooooooood. These are amazing. Pumpkin Spice Cookie. Cheesecake Filling. Find them at Target. Only during the fall months. I dare you not to finish off that entire box in one sitting. That is all.
7. Holiday Mint M&M’s: My favorite specialty variety of M&M’s. My first bag of the season is as exciting as the first snow. I could easily down an entire bag of these single-handedly. There’s a white-chocolate candycane version too, but don’t be fooled. These are the best.
8. Pacific Foods Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup: I know. Kind of random that there’s a box of soup in here. But I’m sitting here writing out this post while sipping it out of my favorite mug, like I do at least once a day, every single day. So I thought, dang. I’m tossing a box of soup in. People need to be eating this stuff. If you haven’t been buying a case of this soup on every trip to Costco, you’re missing out. It’s super rich and creamy, but also super low calorie. And it’s a work horse in the kitchen. I love it plain, but it’s awesome as a base for any other soup, or smothered over enchiladas, or loaded with sour cream and bacon. It has a great, great flavor that I can’t get enough of. There’s an open carton in my fridge just all the time. You should be able to find it in most grocery stores, or like I said, you can buy a case at Costco for a killer price.
9. Baby Lips Dr. Rescue: All of my friends are obsessed with the Baby Lips line from Maybelline. They come in sheer colors, and make your lips super soft. It now comes in medicated, giving soft pretty color with a soothing peppermint scent and tingly feel. Love it. I’m tossing in one in the coral crush color!
10. Jo’s Candies Peppermint Crunch: There was a little specialty market near my childhood home that we stopped at on almost a daily basis for last-minute things like milk and bread. They have an amazing deli and bakery, and always stock their checkout lanes with unique little finds. One thing that was constant was packs of Jo’s Candies. These dark chocolate covered lemon crunch things are amaaaazing, and we’d anxiously await every Christmas when they’d stock Jo’s Peppermint Crunch. Squares of pure holiday heaven. The centers aren’t crunchy, but they’re not soft; it’s somewhere in between and they’re awesome. My Mom would often get the little pack of 2 and quietly sneak one to me and eat the other one herself. I haven’t seen these in years, and last night when I was checking out at World Market, I heard a chorus of angels and SAW THEM. I totally yelped out loud. And then I came home with a bag full of Jo’s. I’m parting with a tiny little 2 pack because I love you. But I’m hoarding the rest.
My package is all packed up and ready to go. I just need a name and address on it! If you want me to send this YOUR way, just leave one comment in the comment field below, and tell me one of your current winter time faves. Winner will be chosen in about a week and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or a new winner will be chosen. Go!
My favorite winter things are a great smelling candle burning, a nice warm fire in the fireplace, and a good cup of hot chocolate, and of course, watching the snow falling outside the window.
Twisted Peppermint hand scrub by bath and body works 🙂
I have to 2nd the Candy Cane Bliss hand soap, I just went and bought 5 more bottles yesterday to give out to teachers at my kiddos school
My favorite is Christmas Music and Christmasy sugar cookies!
Those worlds softests socks look awesome!
Oh my! I’ve never heard of nor tried any of your posted faves, but am drooling to try them all! My winter must-haves: Neutrogena Norwegian Formula for super dry/cracked/bleeding hands, Neosporin Lip Health for dry/chapped lips, and for teacher stress–Chick-fil-a peppermint chocolate chip milkshakes, Dunkin Donuts vanilla chai or salted caramel hot chocolate, and just about anything chocolate, peanut butter, mint, or pumpkin! If I don’t win, I’m going to have to search some of this products out! Thanks for putting the locations for most of the items!
Some of my favorite’s right now are Stephen’s hot cocoa in the peanut butter cup flavor, homemade rolls or breadsticks (which I bake a lot more in the wintertime), and lighting my cinnamon and other Christmastime scent candles. And anything I can find that tastes or smells like peppermint ( :
I loooove hot chocolate this time of year!!!
I love Trader Joe’s pepppermint Jo-Jo’s and cutie Clementines!
I love peppermint taffy this time of year! I even use it to make delicious hot chocolate; get the water reallllly hot, drop in a taffy, stir until it’s mostly gone, add a packet of Nestle, and yum. Soooo good.
I keep coming back to Yankee Candle’s Mistletoe candle. Love it this time of year.
Current winter fave……..dove peppermint bark.
One of my winter faves is the twisted peppermint oil from bath and body works. I just love anything peppermint.
Must try the Target pumpkin cookies ASAP!!!
I look forward to Myrna’s fudge every year. Myrna is our Ward librarian and everyone loves her.
pick me pick me!
I am loving that it’s finally cold enough for HOT COCOA! Any flavor!! (Peppermint & whip cream!!)
I am chomping away on butter cookies from Sam’s club at the moment. They are in these tube type containers that will be reused at Christmas to out my homemade chocolate covered mints!
I love peppermint kisses, and the super yummy mint brownies with crushed candy canes from this site. I’m so excited that the holidays are here!!!!
Peppermint flavored hot chocolate.
There’s so much I love about the holidays! But I love the Bath & Body works holiday soaps. My mom passed away from cancer last year and she always bought us all soaps before the holiday. Now I do that for my sister in laws and aunts. Love all the smells of the soaps and makes me think of my mom!
For a long time my favorites have been mint M & Ms and sparkling apple cider. I have also fallen in love with Harry and David’s Royal Riviera pear and we’ve made that an annual tradition. We also love specialty hot cocoas, candy cane tootsie pops, and peppermint crunch junior Mints.
I love Bath & Body Works candles. They’re great!
Harry London chocolate holiday boxes and your Costco socks!
I’ve always loved the Russell Stover flavored marshmallow filled holiday shapes. Unfortunately they don’t appear to put out any flavors at Christmas anymore, but I love the orange cream pumpkins at Halloween & the Raspberry cream hearts at Valentine’s day. I love chocolate covered cherries this time of year & puppy chow. I can have both any time of year(since I make homemade versions of both of them) but it’s always more special at Christmas.
One of my new favorite things is a new recipe for Orange Fudge Sauce. It’s great over vanilla ice cream, brownies, etc. I am addicted. I’d really like your basket for my daughter. She is amazing. Her husband is a policeman, she has three children, babsits an infant all day, coordinates and fulfills the boxtop school programs and still manages to help her parents! Thanks for all your great recipes and advice.
I just recently started taking AdvoCare products to lose weight. During the holidays they have some special snack bars in Gingerbread flavor. They are sooo good. More cinnamon than gingerbread and they are yummy!
I love The body shop unsented body butter…my hands and feet love it tooo:)!!!
My whole family loves one of the pre-made soups from Von’s, the ones you can get from the deli. The Tuscan Tomato and Basil Bisque is perfect on a rainy night (I imagine it would be great on a snowy night too, but I have no idea what that is like (gotta love Southern California!)).