If you’re here looking for our cute Candy Turkey Craft, Just look down the right hand side of the page and you’ll see the photo. Click on it for the tutorial!
We haven’t done a Friday Favorites, or a Goodie Box post in quite a while, so let me explain what it is! First and foremost, we want to make it very clear that these posts are NOT sponsored, ever. There is no advertising or promotion going on here- in these posts we simply highlight things we’re loving at the moment. Things we buy and use ourselves, things we’re always talking about on Instagram, things we want to tell our friends (you!) about. And sometimes we go out and buy all of the stuff we’re talking about (we buy it ourselves, this isn’t free stuff that’s sent to us) and we put it in a hand-packed care package (because how fun is that?!) and we mail it to one of YOU! Now, this isn’t one of those Blogger-Favorite-Things posts where we give away ipads and designer purses. It’s the little random stuff from around town that you can actually go out and buy yourself after you read about it. Stuff you can look for at Target and the mall. Because we like to keep it real around here. So let’s get on with it- eh? Here’s some of my favorite things!
1. Bath & Body Works 3 wick Candles: Kate and I have a small
hoarding problem obsession when it comes to scented candles, but not all candles are created equal. We love Bath and Body Works, not only for the endless variety of fun scents and the fact that their shipping boxes are lined in blue gingham, but for the fact that when those babies are a burnin’ the smell really does fill up your entire house. I have a lot of favorite scents, but one of my favorites these days is Tis the Season. It’s a little fruity, a little spicy, maybe a tiny hint of evergreen in there…basically it just smells like Christmas. I’m sending a mason jar size in this scent!
2. Angie’s Kettle Cooked
Crack Popcorn: People who follow me on Instagram sometimes get the impression that I work for Angie’s Popcorn. I do not. I wish I did because I’m guessing the job comes with perks like lots of free popcorn, and then I would have half of my 2013 income back (you know, the half I spent on popcorn this year). If you haven’t tried out Angie’s products, stop waiting. I actually waited, because I figured what the heck- it’s popcorn. Don’t people know you can make this stuff at home? (And we make really good popcorn.) But then I tried some. And I was addicted at first bite. Angie’s is kettle cooked, comes in amazing flavors, and most of them are just ever so slightly coated in sweet, sugary, deliciousness. Just enough to make you feel like you’re eating something naughty, but not enough to ruin your diet. They’re all fairly low calorie and come in amazing flavors. It’s seriously a dieters dream. Two of my favorite holiday specials (BOTH going in this box) are Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt, and Iced Gingerbread. The peppermint is great too, but I make enough of my own Peppermint Bark Popcorn!
3. Jif Whips Peanut butter with Chocolate Mint: I instagramed a photo of this a while back because I thought it was so, SO weird. Like, whoever even thought of this idea? Were they on drugs at the time? How did it pass focus groups? Of course I had to buy it simply because of intrigue. I like peanut butter, I like chocolate, I like mint. I like peanut butter chocolate, I like mint chocolate. But peanut butter chocolate mint?? That’s crazy talk. What a bizarre combo. I opened it expecting to be repulsed and something else happened. I ate a spoonful, and then another spoonful, and then before long I was thinking of anything and everything I could think of that I could dip in there. Graham crackers, cookies, more spoons. I’d say it’s more of a chocolate mint spread, with a hint of nuttiness. I don’t really know how to explain it, but I like it. And I want someone else to try it out too, so it’s going in the box!
4. Candy Cane Bliss Handsoap: Of all of the amazing yummy smells at Bath and Body Works, Twisted Peppermint takes the cake. This candy cane bliss spells pretty much exactly like it, only the container is cuter (if you ask me). Peppermint soap that is refreshing and yummy, and makes you want to eat candy. Enjoy it.
5. World’s Softest Socks: Do you all have a pair of these?? At Costco you can buy a 3 pack for 10 bucks and they’re literally called “World’s Softest.” Like the brand claims, it’s like walking on clouds. In the winter, when I’m hanging around the house I wear them every day, and my husband stares at my feet every time I pull them up over my skinny jeans. I don’t care; they’re the coziest socks everrrr. Also, they’re super good for sliding contests, if you happen to have family sliding contests down your hard wood hallway. Just my family? Okay then. I actually forgot to get these (along with half of my grocery list) at Costco today because I was completely sidetracked and overstimulated by the onslaught of holiday sample stations. But I did grab Target’s version, which if you ask me, are plenty cozy themselves.
6. Market Pantry Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies: Soooooooo Goooooooood. These are amazing. Pumpkin Spice Cookie. Cheesecake Filling. Find them at Target. Only during the fall months. I dare you not to finish off that entire box in one sitting. That is all.
7. Holiday Mint M&M’s: My favorite specialty variety of M&M’s. My first bag of the season is as exciting as the first snow. I could easily down an entire bag of these single-handedly. There’s a white-chocolate candycane version too, but don’t be fooled. These are the best.
8. Pacific Foods Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup: I know. Kind of random that there’s a box of soup in here. But I’m sitting here writing out this post while sipping it out of my favorite mug, like I do at least once a day, every single day. So I thought, dang. I’m tossing a box of soup in. People need to be eating this stuff. If you haven’t been buying a case of this soup on every trip to Costco, you’re missing out. It’s super rich and creamy, but also super low calorie. And it’s a work horse in the kitchen. I love it plain, but it’s awesome as a base for any other soup, or smothered over enchiladas, or loaded with sour cream and bacon. It has a great, great flavor that I can’t get enough of. There’s an open carton in my fridge just all the time. You should be able to find it in most grocery stores, or like I said, you can buy a case at Costco for a killer price.
9. Baby Lips Dr. Rescue: All of my friends are obsessed with the Baby Lips line from Maybelline. They come in sheer colors, and make your lips super soft. It now comes in medicated, giving soft pretty color with a soothing peppermint scent and tingly feel. Love it. I’m tossing in one in the coral crush color!
10. Jo’s Candies Peppermint Crunch: There was a little specialty market near my childhood home that we stopped at on almost a daily basis for last-minute things like milk and bread. They have an amazing deli and bakery, and always stock their checkout lanes with unique little finds. One thing that was constant was packs of Jo’s Candies. These dark chocolate covered lemon crunch things are amaaaazing, and we’d anxiously await every Christmas when they’d stock Jo’s Peppermint Crunch. Squares of pure holiday heaven. The centers aren’t crunchy, but they’re not soft; it’s somewhere in between and they’re awesome. My Mom would often get the little pack of 2 and quietly sneak one to me and eat the other one herself. I haven’t seen these in years, and last night when I was checking out at World Market, I heard a chorus of angels and SAW THEM. I totally yelped out loud. And then I came home with a bag full of Jo’s. I’m parting with a tiny little 2 pack because I love you. But I’m hoarding the rest.
My package is all packed up and ready to go. I just need a name and address on it! If you want me to send this YOUR way, just leave one comment in the comment field below, and tell me one of your current winter time faves. Winner will be chosen in about a week and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or a new winner will be chosen. Go!
Mint chocolate M&M’s! Really, though, anything with the combo of mint and chocolate.
Oh good gracious, every one of those items had me drooling (yes, even the soap and the soft socks). I would love to win this! One of my winter favorites is Lebkuchen (German spice cookies), which you can also get from World Market.
I love pomegranates, clementines, hot chocolate, Bob’s old timey peppermint sticks, and cozying up to a fire with a blanket and a book.
I am just waiting (impatiently) for my Target to get Tim Tams in stock so I can indulge in some Tim Tam slams.
This time of year I LOVE Coffee-mate in Pumpkin Spice……….I buy this stuff by the gallon.
My fave this year is the new Gingerbread M&M’s! Thanks for the fun giveaway!
I normally don’t like candy canes very much, but the peppermint/candy cane Kisses are AMAZING!! Super creamy with little bits of candy cane. SO good!
One of my favorite things are homemade soft gingersnaps (grandma’s recipe). They remind me of winter and they make AMAZING sandwich cookies with a little cream cheese frosting in between 2 of them… SO GOOD!!
What a fun box of goodies! So far this year, we are getting a kick out of the Lindt Chocolate Minis. Yum!
Oooo….hot chocolate and marshmallows for breakfast! THANKS!
Right now, we love making French Toast with Panera’s raisin bread. best. French. Toast. ever.
My tiny Idaho town FINALLY got a Starbucks, I can now indulge in my favorite drink…Peppermint White Mocha, it’s heaven in a cup.
What a fun giveaway! I love B&BW candles, pretty much every scent is my favorite!
Anything from Bath and Body Works!
Everything on this list looks great!! I don’t think I’ve tried anything besides the M&Ms. My favorite holiday product, at least this year, is Pepparkaka from IKEA. They are these thin, crisp, Swedish ginger cookies and they are so addictive. I have them with tea every day.
What an amazing box you’ve put together! Some of those things I’ve never heard of before but would love to try them. Eggnog is a favorite of mine during the holidays. I like the thick creaminess of commercial eggnog, but because of cost enjoy homemade eggnog more often now, which tastes just as good. Cella Chocolate covered Cherries are a favorite holiday treat, also. Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!
Our new favorite- vanilla almond milk with a spoonful of cocoa powder. Now even my daughter who’s allergic to dairy can have hot cocoa with her big sister after playing in the snow!
I would love a box of goodies! As a mom I’m always sending care packages to my kids that are grown up and stationed overseas or when they’ve been deployed to Afghanistan or Kyrgyzstan or Turkey and would love a treat for myself and to share with them. Thanks for a great blog, love the cookbooks and I made the oatmeal cookies yesterday and my husband giggled like a little boy when he saw them!
Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Joe Joe’s! I could eat a box in one sitting … so yum and perfect for holiday indulging!
My current favorite is enjoying hot cocoa with my sweet 2.5 year old daughter 🙂
I love my fuzzy boots to slip on when I run the kids to school.
To me, winter means lotion…and lots of it. Here in ridiculously dry Colorado, our skin needs all the help it can get! My current favorite is Eucerin Daily Replenishing Moisturizing Lotion with Sunflower Extract.
Have you seen the Candy Cane Pop Rocks. OK, so maybe not my favorite, but how fun is that for the kids?! Love it!
Starbucks Peppermint Mochas…wait all year for the red cup!
I love decorating gingerbread houses with my family. Part of the fun is shopping for all the different candy to use for the decorations. Then we keep the houses in the middle of our table the rest of the season! They smell great and are full of color!!
I love Aggie Ice Cream while watching Utah State Basketball during the winter. Go Aggies!
My current and all-tine winter favorite is mint m&ms! I know the holiday season had started when I pick up a bag!
Have you seen the Candy Cane Pop Rocks? Maybe not my favorite, but how fun is that for the kids?! Love it!
Happy Thanksgiving! I would love to win this! One of my favorite treats is Stephens Hot cocoa…any flavor, usually stirred with a candy cane! Delish! Shannon
What a fun group of goodies! I’m currently loving the Peppermint Mochas at Starbucks.