Soft chewy cookie dough, cool creamy ice cream, sweet berry swirl, in a dessert pizza you can eat with your hands!
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 large or extra large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam (more if desired, eyeball it)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, melted in microwave
- Fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If desired, use your springform pan to trace a circle onto parchment paper and then cut out the circle and place in bottom of pan. Spray bottom and sides of pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine all cookie base ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat until combined. Reserve a ping-pong ball sized ball of dough (about 3 tablespoons) and place the rest of dough in pan and press into an even layer. Place the small ball of dough on a small pan or baking sheet. Place both pans in oven. Take small cookie out after about 8-9 minutes. Bake springform pan about 10-11 minutes and then set aside to cool completely. Place pan in freezer.
- For ice cream, whisk together cream, milk, sugar, and vanilla and process in an ice cream maker. Alternately you can use a good store-bought vanilla bean ice cream. Spread ice cream onto frozen or chilled cookie crust (there’s enough to steal a little bowl for yourself if you want!) and then dollop jam over the top and swirl in with a knife. Immediately return pan to freezer and freeze completely (at least 4-6 hours, or up to a couple weeks).
- When ready to serve, remove pan from freezer. Garnish with berries, peanut butter drizzle, the crushed cookie, and anything else you like. Let sit for 10 minutes or so to soften and then slice and serve.
- Feel free to substitute store-bought cookie dough or ice cream in place of the home made.