Soft chocolate cookie studded with both peanut butter and white chips for a flavor explosion of the most wonderful kind!
- 1/2 cup real butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening (I prefer butter flavored)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or a non-stick mat.
- Cream together the butter, shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar. Add vanilla and then eggs, one at a time.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Add flour mix to the butter mixture and combine. Add in both pb and white chips and mix until combined, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop onto cookie sheets. Make them small, make them jumbo- your call! Small to medium cookies will take about 8-10 mins to cook, large to jumbo, 10-12 or more. Keep an eye on them since they are chocolate and you can’t tell when they’re browned! Take them out when edges are set and middles look slightly underdone.
- Cool for a couple minutes on baking sheet and then transfer to cooling rack.
- Yields about 4 dozen small-ish cookies or 16 jumbo.