These easy and festive cookies are perfect for neighbor gifts, holiday parties, or cozy nights at home!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour lightly spooned into measuring cups and leveled with a knife
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 3/4 cups (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups (1 12-ounce package) white chocolate chips
- 30 bite-sized white chocolate peppermint candies (like Kisses or chocolate squares)
- Preheat oven to 325 F and line baking sheets with parchment sheets. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Add the egg, egg yolk, and extracts and mix until combined. Add the flour mixture and mix until the flour is incorporated. Add the white chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Using a standard-sized cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the lined baking sheets (12 per sheet.) Bake for 9-11 minutes or until just set around the edges. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. While the cookies are still warm, place a peppermint white chocolate candy on top of each cookie and allow the cookies to cool completely. When the candy is set and the cookies are cooled, remove from the cookie sheet.