Tender burgers with sweet grilled pineapple, bacon, and bbq sauce.
1 pound lean ground beef
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons bbq sauce
4 brioche hamburger buns
4–8 slices bacon, cooked
4 slices fresh pineapple, about 1/3–1/2 inch thick
additional bbq sauce
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Combine ground beef, salt and 2 tablespoons of your favorite bbq sauce.
- Shape into 4 patties, and flatten to roughly the same size of your buns (they will shrink some during cooking). Place burgers on the grill and cook for a few minutes on each side, until the internal temperature registers 160 degrees.
- When you flip the burgers, add the pineapple slices to the grill, making sure you get a chance to flip them once as well. They should be tender and have some char marks on them. 1-2 minutes on each side should be sufficient.
- If desired, toast your buns. Spread mayo on each side, or what I did in my photos is a 50/50 mix of mayo and bbq sauce.
- Place burgers in buns, top with the slice of pineapple, top with 1-2 slices bacon, and an extra drizzle of barbecue sauce.
Keywords: beef, ground beef, burgers, grill