BBQ sauce, pineapple, bacon – tell me, what can go wrong?
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 slices pineapple
- Barbecue sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Combine ground beef and about 2-3 Tbsp. of barbecue sauce. If it gets a little hard to handle, toss in some bread crumbs until it sticks together better, but that can be avoided by adding the barbecue sauce a tablespoon at a time and then evaluating whether or not it really needs any more.
- Shape into 4 patties and toss those babies onto the grill.
- In the meantime, fry the bacon. When you flip the burgers, add the pineapple slices to the grill, making sure you get a chance to flip them once as well.
- If desired, toast your buns.
- Place burgers in buns, top with the slice of pineapple, top that with a crispy slice of bacon (broken in half, so you have two smaller pieces on your burger), and top that with another couple tablespoons of barbecue sauce. Things are about to get messy, so don’t even bother trying to make them pretty; a little haphazard sauce adds to the rugged handsomeness of the burger.