Gorgeous roasted or grilled, seasoned whole carrots are a delicious side addition to any meal.
- 1 pound whole carrots (the smaller the better)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (I love using half garlic and half lemon)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: Baby Yukon Gold potatoes (about 1 pound), plus an additional tablespoon of olive oil (I love rosemary)
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Peel the carrots. If the carrots have the leafy tops, trim the tops down to about 2″. Drizzle the oil over the carrots and toss to coat evenly, then season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. If using potatoes, rub with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in preheated oven for about 20 minutes (a little less if your carrots are tiny, more if your carrots are large and/or if you’re at a higher altitude. The time also depends on your personal preference; if you prefer them a little crispy, pull them out of the oven when the tops are starting to brown.) Remove from oven and serve immediately.
For The Grill
- After seasoning the carrots with oil, salt, and pepper, place them on a hot grill over indirect heat for 15-20 minutes, turning once halfway through. Serve immediately.