Sweet roasted carrots drizzled with an amazing balsamic reduction and and sprinkled with fresh chives. Easy, elegant side dish.
- 12 ounces baby carrots (rainbow or regular)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (I prefer our Blood Orange Olive Oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- a few pinches black pepper
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1–2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice any large carrots in half length-wise so they are mostly even-sized. Toss in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper and spread out in a single layer in a baking sheet or pan.
- Roast for about 30 minutes, until carrots are tender. While carrots are cooking, place balsamic and sugar in a very small sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Simmer lightly for about 5 minutes until the mixture has reduced by about half and appears thickened and syrupy.
- Remove carrots from oven and place in serving dish. Drizzle with desired amount of balsamic glaze and sprinkle with chives.
- *If your balsamic reduction becomes TOO thick, simply add a little warm water and stir until desired consistency is reached.