- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon glycerin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt (or table salt)
- Flavoring (1/2 teaspoon for concentrated flavors, 1 teaspoon for regular flavors)
- Heavily grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch, put into a saucepan, and add corn syrup, glycerin, butter, water, and salt.
- Stir until boiling and boil until mixture reaches 255°F.
- Add the flavoring and Pour onto the prepared cookie sheet and allow to cool until you can handle it safely. Pull the taffy until shiny and opaque, about 10 minutes. Cut into individual pieces and allow to stand about 30 minutes, then wrap in wax paper.
- To mix more than one color or flavor, divide the mixture after cooking and color and flavor each individual pot, then pour, pull, and roll the taffy separately. Twist desired flavors together before cutting.