- 1 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened (I used low-fat)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon dill weed or Greek seasoning (salt free–go for a mix that just has herbs)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (plus lemon zest if you like)
- 1 1/2 cups hummus
- 1/2 cups chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 cups seeded, diced cucumbers
- 1 cups seeded, diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cups chopped green onions (about 3 green onions completely chopped)
- 1/2 cups crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/8–1/4 cups minced fresh parsley
- With an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, milk, seasoning, garlic, lemon juice and zest until light and fluffy. Spread in the bottom of a pie plate or a small, shallow baking dish. Then spread a layer of hummus. In order, create layers by sprinkling the olives, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, Feta cheese, and parsley. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve with pita chips, fresh vegetables, and/or flatbread
- – I like to grab things like olives, roasted garlic, and marinated roasted tomatoes at the olive bar in the deli.
- – I also toss my cucumbers and tomatoes with a little olive oil, salt and pepper before adding to the dip.
- – Lastly, I like to drizzle on a little flavored olive oil right before serving for a finishing touch.