Rich, chocolaty muffins with sweet bananas, whole grain, and zero butter or oil! Satisfy that sweet tooth for about 100 calories!
- 3 large, extra ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup Truvia baking blend, or 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup mini chocoate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners.
- Smash bananas in large mixing bowl. Add Truvia/sugar, egg, applesauce, and vanilla. Sift in flours, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix together until fully combined, but don’t overmix. Set aside about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the chocolate chips and add the rest to the batter. MIx in and divide batter between the cups. Sprinkle remaining chips on top.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out with moist crumbs attached. Don’t overbake. Let cool on rack for a couple of minutes and then remove muffins from pan to cool until just warm. Eat, or cool completely and store in an airtight container.
- If using regular chocolate chips, just roughly chop them up. Feel free to add more if desired!
- Nutrition Information (per 1 muffin): Cal:109 Fat:2g Carbs:23g Pro:2.6