Sweet and Savory beef roast cooked in the slow cooker. Great on its own, or piled on rolls for sandwiches.
- 1 (3-4 pound) boneless roast beef (chuck or round roast)
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Place roast beef into the insert of your slow cooker. In a 2-cup measuring cup, mix together all remaining ingredients. Pour over roast beef and set the timer for your slow cooker. (5-7 hours on High or 8-10 hours on Low)
- Once roast beef has cooked, remove from slow cooker with tongs into a serving dish. Break apart lightly with two forks and then ladle additional gravy/pan sauce over roast beef.
- If you prefer a more pronounced flavor, once the roast beef has been removed, use a fat separator on the gravy and then pour the gravy into a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until the gravy has reduced by half.