Chewy-soft chocolate peppermint cookies studded with white chocolate and peppermint and topped with festive candy canes.
- 3 tablespoons real butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch table salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1-2 large candy canes, crushed (or crushed hard peppermint candies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or non-stick mat.
- Place butter in a small-medium sized mixing bowl and microwave for about 8-10 seconds. It should be soft enough to mix easily with a spoon, even semi-melted to completely melted is okay. Add sugars and beat with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon till fluffy. Add in egg yolk, vanilla and peppermint and mix well until fully incorporated. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt all at once and mix until all combined. Add your white chocolate chips and mix.
- Use a cookie scoop, or roll into balls. Place your crushed candy canes in a shallow dish and dunk the top side of cookies in candy before placing on baking sheet. Bake for about 9-10 minutes. Cool for 1-2 minutes on baking sheet and then transfer to cooking rack.