A sweet and smokey salad dressing perfect for a variety of salads, as well as a marinade or chicken or fish.
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pinch white sugar, more to taste if needed
- 1/2 cup oil *see note
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a blender and process until smooth. With the blender on low speed, slowly drizzle in oil. Store in a jar in the fridge.
- *Oil: I prefer this dressing with 1/2 canola oil and 1/2 Bacon Extra Virgin Olive Oil . You could do any combination you like, including all canola or all regular olive oil. I personally prefer the lighter flavor of the canola oil over 100% olive oil in this recipe. But using some of the Bacon Oil is my very favorite!