- 1 pie crust (store bought or homemade)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2–3 cups diced or sliced apples
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chilled butter, diced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place pie crust in pie pan and flute edges as desired.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons of flour, and salt. Mix in the sour cream, egg and vanilla until smooth. Add apples, and stir to coat. Scrape the mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F and continue baking for 25 minutes more.
- While the pie is baking, prepare the topping in a medium bowl. Stir together 2/3 cup of flour, 2/3 cup sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- After the 25 minute bake time has passed, cover the top of the pie with the crumb topping, and continue to bake for 10-15 minutes, or until topping is lightly browned and apples are tender. Allow the pie to cool, then refrigerate until chilled before serving.