Soft and sweet apples with a cinnamon sauce- like apple pie in a pan!
- 4 medium or large apples, chopped (I like about 1/2-inch pieces)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- Heat a 12″ skillet or saute pan to medum-low heat. Add butter and melt.
- Add apples to melted butter, increase heat to medium, and cook- stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes until softened (they should still have a little bite to them). If you have larger apple pieces, you can pop a lid on your pan for a few minutes to help steam them to soften a little quicker.
- Add brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Continue tocook, stirring often until desired apple softness is reached, about 3-5 minutes. Longer if needed.
- Combine water and cornstarch and mix until smooth, pour into skillet.
- Cook for 2-3 more minutes until sauce starts to reduce and thicken.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.