- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 ounce (1/4 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or milk
- 4 tablespoons real butter, cut into chunks
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- a few dashes pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 pieces bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Wash and dry potatoes.Rub them lightly with a bit of shortening or vegetable oil (helps crisp the skin) and place directly on oven rack, or a cookie sheet.Bake for one hour or until potatoes are done.
- Remove potatoes and let cool just a bit. Cut an opening on the top and hollow out each potato, OR cut each potato in half (as shown in photos) to make 8 servings.You may want to hold them with a potholder as they will still be hot!
- Scoop out the insides and place in a bowl. Mash, and add butter, sour cream, bleu cheese, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic. Beat with a hand mixer until fluffy. Carefully spoon mixture back into potato shells. Place in a baking dish. Return to hot oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle bacon and cheddar cheese over each potato and bake an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly