So summer is right around the corner–for some of us more than others (my kids are out this week!) Which means that for families, there’s more swimming, popsicles. sleeping in, later nights, grilling, fighting, declarations of “I’m soooooo boooooored!”, and kids asking every 15 minutes if they can have a snack. So while summer is magical and wonderful and it’s amazing to step away from the daily grind for a few months, sometimes you’ve gotta treat yo self. I’ve picked a handful of my favorite summer luxuries and not only am I sharing the things I love, but I’m giving away a box of all these things (plus a few little extra things I love!)
- Rodan + Fields Mineral Facial Sunscreen. Full disclosure: I’m not selling this. This isn’t an affiliate link, meaning if you buy it, I don’t get any kind of perk, money, product, anything. I just love it, which was never the plan because I am really not a fan of direct sales. That said, earlier this year, I had tried literally every type of product they make except for Accutane for acne (and I’m in my thirties…I don’t need adult acne in my life) and finally decided to give their Unblemish regimen a shot. It really helped, but I have very sensitive skin and I felt like washing it twice a day with Unblemish was a little too much for it, so I started using the Soothe regimen at night. Between the two of them, it’s slowly been solving my problems.
The Soothe regimen came with a mineral sunscreen, which I didn’t necessarily need because I already had sunscreen in the moisturizer I was using in the morning, but I really love using this during the day (and sunscreen for me is a must–fair skin + fair hair + a family history of skin cancer + a history of burning = no bueno). I hatehatehate just about every facial sunscreen because they feel oily and greasy and make me break out and they stink, but this is none of those things. It’s definitely spendy, but mineral sunscreens just are expensive and this doesn’t cost as much as others I’ve seen.
2. Contigo Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottles. Hi, I’m Kate (“Hi, Kate!”) and I’m a water bottle junkie. I have so many, but Contigo water bottles are consistently my favorite, both for my kids and for me (the self-sealing bottles are a deal breaker.) I love these bottles because a) they keep my drink cold all day, even in the heat, b) they’re a manageable size, c) they’re spill-proof, d) they have a little part that snaps over where you drink so if you toss it in a bag or take it on a hike, it keeps the mouth part covered, e) you can drink with one hand, so it’s perfect for the gym or when you have your hands full, and f) it doesn’t make your water taste like metal (which is usually my problem with stainless steel bottles.) This two-pack is a fantastic deal, way cheaper than buying them individually.
3. Raffaelo Almond Coconut Truffles. So a few weeks ago, a friend of mine gave me a box of these and my life has been changed. I’d never had them before, and I’ve got them squirreled away in my cupboards and ration them out like there’s a shortage. The funny thing is that if I were to pick a treat, it probably wouldn’t be white chocolate or almonds or coconut, but the combination of them is a.maz.ing. You can probably find these cheaper in stores (although they can be kind of tricky to find–look with the premium chocolates like the Lindt Truffles)–check Walgreens and CVS (of all places). I’ve also seen them at Target, but at my Target, they’re only packaged in larger boxes with other truffles.
4. Dry shampoo is an essential during the hot summer months and finding the right dry shampoo can be kind of a challenge. I got a sample of Living Proof Dry Shampoo (trial size and full size) in my Ipsy box about a year ago and it quickly became my favorite. Most dry shampoos smell so strong and have kind of a baby powder smell to them, which I’m not super into. I also feel like a lot of times, they’re not doing a whole lot except making my hair smell kind of like a sweaty baby, which is nice on a baby but not so much for me. I love the herb-y smell of Living Proof and yeah, it is strong, but not as strong as others I’ve tried. I also feel like it actually makes my hair less gross. I bought a full-size can of it in November and just barely ran out, so a little goes a long way!
5. The Coco Shea line from Bath and Body Works this year is SO amazing! I’ve been loving Coco Shea Coconut Body Lotion (the cucumber is also fantastic) for my body. Sometimes coconut-scented products take on a weird smell after awhile, but these just smell amazing, start to finish, and aren’t too heavy or too light.
I’m super excited to give a box of my favorite summer treats away, so if you want a box of all these things, leave a comment telling me the thing you’re most looking forward to this summer! When you comment, make sure you use an email address you check frequently in the email address field (you don’t have to leave it in your comment). The giveaway ends Sunday, May 21st at 10:00 pm Central time and the winner will be announced in my post on Monday, May 22nd.
Fine print: This giveaway is NOT sponsored, meaning we pay for the cost of the prizes. All opinions are our own. There are some (but not all) affiliate links in this post. Winner must have a US mailing address.
I’m excited for our nearby reservoir to open up–it’s like a mini beach!
Wow, great stuff! Those coconut truffles do look amahzing. The thing I’m looking forward to most is…the end of summer. I hate summer with an undying focus and intensity.
I’m most looking forward to no homework or schedules and the chance to just play with my kids and take them to see extended family!!
Summer days at the lake with my whole family!!
I am looking forward to trying as hard as I can to love where I live. Last year I moved to Phoenix and then was pregnant and horrendously sick all summer so to be fair to the state I need to try not to abhor it.
I’m looking forward to going to the beach with family and to the mountains with girlfriends. Thanks.
We live in Dallas and my only grandson is in Herriman, Ut. My husband has recently lost his eyesight so it is up to me to drive us to SLC. So many new responsibilities and challenges, but the reward at the end of 24 hours in the car will be soooo worth it!!!!!!
I am most looking forward to going to the beach with my family!
I’m looking forward to quality time with my kids!
I get to go to the first concert for someone I choose this summer! Jack Johnson is going to have a terrific show. (The only other concert I’ve ever been to is a Barry Manilow show my mom won tickets to. It was still fun, even at 15 years old.)
I am most looking forward to sleeping in! We also recently bought an inflatable water slide and I’m looking forward to watching my kiddos play on it
I can’t wait for summer to lounge in/around the pool enjoying home made ice cream!
I’m looking forward to spending time and playing with me kids and, not packing school lunches!
I’m looking forward to some summer grilling! And relaxed schedules will be nice as well.
I am looking forward to bringing my kids to the beach.
I teach school during the school year so I am anxious to hang out with my kids during the day and I’m anxious to be able to do activities. I am also excited because I’m no longer going to college(I graduated with my masters) so we will have a summer without me having to study.
I am looking forward to less rigid schedules, more play time with the kids, and pool time.
I’m looking forward to visiting my parents.
I am so looking forward to sunshine and playing outside with the grandbabies!
Tomatoes! Vine ripened tomatoes!
I’m most looking forward to sleeping in. I ? Sleep. And camping with the family. But mostly sleep.
I’m looking forward to just getting some sunshine and park dates with my boys! Just had my second baby in February so it will be nice to get out and get some vitamin D. 🙂
Sunshine and warm weather. It’s been so rainy this year, even by Pacific Northwest standards.
This is the first time in almost two years that I get to see my family since we moved 1500 + miles away from them. I’m looking forward to spending time with them most this summer and reconnecting.
I live in Seattle, and I just want the rainy, cold weather to stop! I’m looking forward to packing away all my jackets. (Sitting on the playground right now in a jacket appropriate for the 55° weather. )
I am most looking forward to a more relaxed schedule, no homework or lunch making in the mornings, and time with the family at the beach.
I am looking forward to enjoying a summer off and spending time with my youngest before he heads off to college and reading a few good books!! Thanks for the opportunity to win some great prizes!
I am looking forward to taking my kids home to New England, where they were born and where I’m from. I can’t wait!
Splash pads finally turning on and BBQ’s. Ahh, they make summer so much more fun (and bearable).