So summer is right around the corner–for some of us more than others (my kids are out this week!) Which means that for families, there’s more swimming, popsicles. sleeping in, later nights, grilling, fighting, declarations of “I’m soooooo boooooored!”, and kids asking every 15 minutes if they can have a snack. So while summer is magical and wonderful and it’s amazing to step away from the daily grind for a few months, sometimes you’ve gotta treat yo self. I’ve picked a handful of my favorite summer luxuries and not only am I sharing the things I love, but I’m giving away a box of all these things (plus a few little extra things I love!)
- Rodan + Fields Mineral Facial Sunscreen. Full disclosure: I’m not selling this. This isn’t an affiliate link, meaning if you buy it, I don’t get any kind of perk, money, product, anything. I just love it, which was never the plan because I am really not a fan of direct sales. That said, earlier this year, I had tried literally every type of product they make except for Accutane for acne (and I’m in my thirties…I don’t need adult acne in my life) and finally decided to give their Unblemish regimen a shot. It really helped, but I have very sensitive skin and I felt like washing it twice a day with Unblemish was a little too much for it, so I started using the Soothe regimen at night. Between the two of them, it’s slowly been solving my problems.
The Soothe regimen came with a mineral sunscreen, which I didn’t necessarily need because I already had sunscreen in the moisturizer I was using in the morning, but I really love using this during the day (and sunscreen for me is a must–fair skin + fair hair + a family history of skin cancer + a history of burning = no bueno). I hatehatehate just about every facial sunscreen because they feel oily and greasy and make me break out and they stink, but this is none of those things. It’s definitely spendy, but mineral sunscreens just are expensive and this doesn’t cost as much as others I’ve seen.
2. Contigo Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottles. Hi, I’m Kate (“Hi, Kate!”) and I’m a water bottle junkie. I have so many, but Contigo water bottles are consistently my favorite, both for my kids and for me (the self-sealing bottles are a deal breaker.) I love these bottles because a) they keep my drink cold all day, even in the heat, b) they’re a manageable size, c) they’re spill-proof, d) they have a little part that snaps over where you drink so if you toss it in a bag or take it on a hike, it keeps the mouth part covered, e) you can drink with one hand, so it’s perfect for the gym or when you have your hands full, and f) it doesn’t make your water taste like metal (which is usually my problem with stainless steel bottles.) This two-pack is a fantastic deal, way cheaper than buying them individually.
3. Raffaelo Almond Coconut Truffles. So a few weeks ago, a friend of mine gave me a box of these and my life has been changed. I’d never had them before, and I’ve got them squirreled away in my cupboards and ration them out like there’s a shortage. The funny thing is that if I were to pick a treat, it probably wouldn’t be white chocolate or almonds or coconut, but the combination of them is a.maz.ing. You can probably find these cheaper in stores (although they can be kind of tricky to find–look with the premium chocolates like the Lindt Truffles)–check Walgreens and CVS (of all places). I’ve also seen them at Target, but at my Target, they’re only packaged in larger boxes with other truffles.
4. Dry shampoo is an essential during the hot summer months and finding the right dry shampoo can be kind of a challenge. I got a sample of Living Proof Dry Shampoo (trial size and full size) in my Ipsy box about a year ago and it quickly became my favorite. Most dry shampoos smell so strong and have kind of a baby powder smell to them, which I’m not super into. I also feel like a lot of times, they’re not doing a whole lot except making my hair smell kind of like a sweaty baby, which is nice on a baby but not so much for me. I love the herb-y smell of Living Proof and yeah, it is strong, but not as strong as others I’ve tried. I also feel like it actually makes my hair less gross. I bought a full-size can of it in November and just barely ran out, so a little goes a long way!
5. The Coco Shea line from Bath and Body Works this year is SO amazing! I’ve been loving Coco Shea Coconut Body Lotion (the cucumber is also fantastic) for my body. Sometimes coconut-scented products take on a weird smell after awhile, but these just smell amazing, start to finish, and aren’t too heavy or too light.
I’m super excited to give a box of my favorite summer treats away, so if you want a box of all these things, leave a comment telling me the thing you’re most looking forward to this summer! When you comment, make sure you use an email address you check frequently in the email address field (you don’t have to leave it in your comment). The giveaway ends Sunday, May 21st at 10:00 pm Central time and the winner will be announced in my post on Monday, May 22nd.
Fine print: This giveaway is NOT sponsored, meaning we pay for the cost of the prizes. All opinions are our own. There are some (but not all) affiliate links in this post. Winner must have a US mailing address.
I’m looking forward to the splash pad opening and spending many evenings there while my husband is on call. It’s so hot in the summer so it will be wonderful
I just moved to the beach this past weekend! Oh was it a job! Moving is just terrible. I am most excited about going to the beach though! The move was well worth it!
I’m most looking forward to visiting my son at the base he’s at while he’s in tech school for the Air Force!! ??
I’m looking forward to a more relaxed schedule and sunshine.
I’m most excited to move from Texas to Idaho! After four years of living 24 hours away from all our family, we will finally be close! This packet looks amazing- I want it all!!
Last summer was so hectic having our 3rd baby/ packing up our entire house during maternity leave: and moving all before heading back to work. So I am so excited to enjoy our first summer at our new house with the kids playing in our awesome new back yard…. and there’s a creek! So exciting!
I’m looking forward to a few weekend trips to my families cabin- no cell or Internet and I love being able to”unplug”!
I am most looking forward to spending some one-on-one time with my only “child” before she heads into her Sophomore year of college. Blessed to get this time with her and will cherish every single minute!
I am looking forward to fresh fruits and vegetables!!
Going home to Idaho!
Definitely looking forward to a break from homework, Kindergarten drop off/pick up and such a busy schedule! I LOVE those water bottles too, my fave as well!
The thing I am most looking forward to this summer is a family vacation in Hawaii. My husband and I just celebrated 20 years of marriage and we have 6 kiddos! We’re currently living in India, but it’s been really hard on me and some of the kids, so the kids and I are actually moving back to the States this summer (Yes, I have a US mailing address too ;). I dread living apart from my hubby for a year, but we think it’s what best for our family. Hopefully, our memories from Hawaii will sustain us when we’re really missing each other!
I am looking forward to not wearing a jacket anymore. It snowed today – May 17! I know you live in Louisiana and probably look at days like this like a complete relief from heat and humidity but I would like just a titch warmer than snow and jackets. By the way – those Raffaello candies are the most delicious thing I have ever had! I tried all the chocolates you could buy in Europe and of all these were my favorites! I’m glad you like them too!
I am most loooking forward to the slower pace of summer…sleeping in, swimming, the beach. I savor this time with my family – my kids are teenagers now and I realize that I need to appreciate every moment!
What I am most looking forward to this summer is our family reunion. We have them every two years and since the last one, we have lost some of the older aunts and uncles. As they say, you never appreciate people until they are not there and I really want to spend some time with the ones we love who are still with us. .
I am looking forward going on a cruise to Alaska with my family!
I’m looking forward to a break from homeschool!
I am looking forward to lazy mornings, late nights, and otter pops!
I’m looking forward to a mostly staycation!!
My family –kids and grandkids–will be together for a whole glorious week this August. Can’t wait!
Family time and no alarm clock.
This summer I’m most looking forward to finishing some home improvement projects. I’m tired of “being in the process” and am so ready to enjoy the finished product.
Mike and I are going to Iceland this summer!!! So excited about that!!
I am looking forward to going camping with my husband and three young children. We did not have success last summer as my baby was too young but this summer we are going to make it work!!
I am most looking forward to sleeping in this summer- that is, if I can get my kids off their early school schedule!
My oldest starts Kindergarten next year and I’m so sad to have my little sidekick leave me. I feel like I need to soak up every minute with her this summer. Kindergarten starts at 7:40am! Here in TX, so I will definitely be using a lot of dry shampoo.
I’m looking forward to many things, including…grilling out, late nights and sleep-in mornings, no schedule, more time spent with my girls, finding all the best ice cream stands, my girls getting to try new things, walking on the lake-front, patio get-togethers, seeing my neighbors again, no homework, traveling…
I’m looking forward to no alarm clock (well, my kids will still wake me up too early, but I like them better than my alarm. Most of the time anyway). Also excited to see family for an extended visit, and a family vacation to San Diego!
Sleeping in. Hooray!
I’m looking forward to summer when I can sit outside without freezing to death.