So summer is right around the corner–for some of us more than others (my kids are out this week!) Which means that for families, there’s more swimming, popsicles. sleeping in, later nights, grilling, fighting, declarations of “I’m soooooo boooooored!”, and kids asking every 15 minutes if they can have a snack. So while summer is magical and wonderful and it’s amazing to step away from the daily grind for a few months, sometimes you’ve gotta treat yo self. I’ve picked a handful of my favorite summer luxuries and not only am I sharing the things I love, but I’m giving away a box of all these things (plus a few little extra things I love!)
- Rodan + Fields Mineral Facial Sunscreen. Full disclosure: I’m not selling this. This isn’t an affiliate link, meaning if you buy it, I don’t get any kind of perk, money, product, anything. I just love it, which was never the plan because I am really not a fan of direct sales. That said, earlier this year, I had tried literally every type of product they make except for Accutane for acne (and I’m in my thirties…I don’t need adult acne in my life) and finally decided to give their Unblemish regimen a shot. It really helped, but I have very sensitive skin and I felt like washing it twice a day with Unblemish was a little too much for it, so I started using the Soothe regimen at night. Between the two of them, it’s slowly been solving my problems.
The Soothe regimen came with a mineral sunscreen, which I didn’t necessarily need because I already had sunscreen in the moisturizer I was using in the morning, but I really love using this during the day (and sunscreen for me is a must–fair skin + fair hair + a family history of skin cancer + a history of burning = no bueno). I hatehatehate just about every facial sunscreen because they feel oily and greasy and make me break out and they stink, but this is none of those things. It’s definitely spendy, but mineral sunscreens just are expensive and this doesn’t cost as much as others I’ve seen.
2. Contigo Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottles. Hi, I’m Kate (“Hi, Kate!”) and I’m a water bottle junkie. I have so many, but Contigo water bottles are consistently my favorite, both for my kids and for me (the self-sealing bottles are a deal breaker.) I love these bottles because a) they keep my drink cold all day, even in the heat, b) they’re a manageable size, c) they’re spill-proof, d) they have a little part that snaps over where you drink so if you toss it in a bag or take it on a hike, it keeps the mouth part covered, e) you can drink with one hand, so it’s perfect for the gym or when you have your hands full, and f) it doesn’t make your water taste like metal (which is usually my problem with stainless steel bottles.) This two-pack is a fantastic deal, way cheaper than buying them individually.
3. Raffaelo Almond Coconut Truffles. So a few weeks ago, a friend of mine gave me a box of these and my life has been changed. I’d never had them before, and I’ve got them squirreled away in my cupboards and ration them out like there’s a shortage. The funny thing is that if I were to pick a treat, it probably wouldn’t be white chocolate or almonds or coconut, but the combination of them is a.maz.ing. You can probably find these cheaper in stores (although they can be kind of tricky to find–look with the premium chocolates like the Lindt Truffles)–check Walgreens and CVS (of all places). I’ve also seen them at Target, but at my Target, they’re only packaged in larger boxes with other truffles.
4. Dry shampoo is an essential during the hot summer months and finding the right dry shampoo can be kind of a challenge. I got a sample of Living Proof Dry Shampoo (trial size and full size) in my Ipsy box about a year ago and it quickly became my favorite. Most dry shampoos smell so strong and have kind of a baby powder smell to them, which I’m not super into. I also feel like a lot of times, they’re not doing a whole lot except making my hair smell kind of like a sweaty baby, which is nice on a baby but not so much for me. I love the herb-y smell of Living Proof and yeah, it is strong, but not as strong as others I’ve tried. I also feel like it actually makes my hair less gross. I bought a full-size can of it in November and just barely ran out, so a little goes a long way!
5. The Coco Shea line from Bath and Body Works this year is SO amazing! I’ve been loving Coco Shea Coconut Body Lotion (the cucumber is also fantastic) for my body. Sometimes coconut-scented products take on a weird smell after awhile, but these just smell amazing, start to finish, and aren’t too heavy or too light.
I’m super excited to give a box of my favorite summer treats away, so if you want a box of all these things, leave a comment telling me the thing you’re most looking forward to this summer! When you comment, make sure you use an email address you check frequently in the email address field (you don’t have to leave it in your comment). The giveaway ends Sunday, May 21st at 10:00 pm Central time and the winner will be announced in my post on Monday, May 22nd.
Fine print: This giveaway is NOT sponsored, meaning we pay for the cost of the prizes. All opinions are our own. There are some (but not all) affiliate links in this post. Winner must have a US mailing address.
Looking forward to living my best life with family, friends and those who need family and friends. Hoping to make a difference in someone’s life.
Every other year we meet up at a ranch in UT and all the cousins float the ditch, swing on the rope swing, gather sticks and play outside til the sun goes down. Such a wonderful break from a busy, technology-filled world. Only 47 more days!
Looking forward to the grill! Burgers, corn on the cob, fresh fruit…mmmm…?
I love that school is out and I can spend more time with my little ones!!
I’m looking forward to our camping trip next weekend, my sisters wedding the week after, and our family vacation in Branson, Missouri the week after! The summer is off to a busy start!
Pool days! The sweet families in the ward take turns for kids to come swim in their pool. It is going to be great!
Yoga Festival (4 days sans kids!!!) and Lululemon half marathon ??! Thanks for a fun giveaway!
Looking forward to not waking up so early
Looking forward to grilling out, pool time, and family get-togethers!
I am most looking forward to having my son home from school, a family beach trip and road trip to my parents to see our family and friends!!
The thing I’m looking forward to most this summer is finally living in a house that’s my own! It has been so many years of school and renting and we are finally moving into OUR home in a week! I can’t wait!
No homework for my kiddos!
I’m looking forward to not having to drive my kids to school everyday ?
Can’t wait to spend all day at the pool!! Last year I had a new baby and couldn’t, so this year will be a blast!
I am looking forward to my kids being home, lots of pool time, and starting a brand new chapter of my life!!!
I’m looking forward to fewer obligations! Less to do and fewer places to be everyday!
I am so looking forward to not having homework, sports games and deadlines. Bring on the lemonades and lazy beach and pool days!! Still a few weeks till summer break for us, can’t wait!
I’m looking forward to a more relaxed schedule, camping and swimming!
I can’t wait to not have to follow a strict schedule every day!!
I am looking forward to catching up on work (my co-workers get summers off, but I don’t – which allows me to get so much done over the summer). But I hope to be able to have a bit of summer fun with a few days off here and there and go camping a few times.
I am looking forward to slower lazier days and spending more time with the family at home and on our travels. Also, really looking forward to not taking the kids to school every morning at 7:15. It’s a little early for the baby.
I fell in love with that coconut lotion at bath and body works today, but didn’t buy any. I would LOVE to try every single one of these products!
I’m looking forward to the evening walks around the neighborhood and siting out on the back porch.
We are taking our family to Disneyland this summer, the great part? My kids don’t know it, they will be totally surprised!
Looking forward to seeing my only grandchild! Oh, and some popsicles and sun too!
That was supposed to be packing! I’m looking forward to not packing my kid’s lunch!
I’m looking forward to the warmth of the sun. I LOVE summer weather!!
I’m looking forward to not pranking my kid’s lunch! Lol!
Swimming and splash pads with my girls
I’m looking forward to watching my daughter play softball, longer days, a little more relaxed schedule and family time!