So summer is right around the corner–for some of us more than others (my kids are out this week!) Which means that for families, there’s more swimming, popsicles. sleeping in, later nights, grilling, fighting, declarations of “I’m soooooo boooooored!”, and kids asking every 15 minutes if they can have a snack. So while summer is magical and wonderful and it’s amazing to step away from the daily grind for a few months, sometimes you’ve gotta treat yo self. I’ve picked a handful of my favorite summer luxuries and not only am I sharing the things I love, but I’m giving away a box of all these things (plus a few little extra things I love!)
- Rodan + Fields Mineral Facial Sunscreen. Full disclosure: I’m not selling this. This isn’t an affiliate link, meaning if you buy it, I don’t get any kind of perk, money, product, anything. I just love it, which was never the plan because I am really not a fan of direct sales. That said, earlier this year, I had tried literally every type of product they make except for Accutane for acne (and I’m in my thirties…I don’t need adult acne in my life) and finally decided to give their Unblemish regimen a shot. It really helped, but I have very sensitive skin and I felt like washing it twice a day with Unblemish was a little too much for it, so I started using the Soothe regimen at night. Between the two of them, it’s slowly been solving my problems.
The Soothe regimen came with a mineral sunscreen, which I didn’t necessarily need because I already had sunscreen in the moisturizer I was using in the morning, but I really love using this during the day (and sunscreen for me is a must–fair skin + fair hair + a family history of skin cancer + a history of burning = no bueno). I hatehatehate just about every facial sunscreen because they feel oily and greasy and make me break out and they stink, but this is none of those things. It’s definitely spendy, but mineral sunscreens just are expensive and this doesn’t cost as much as others I’ve seen.
2. Contigo Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottles. Hi, I’m Kate (“Hi, Kate!”) and I’m a water bottle junkie. I have so many, but Contigo water bottles are consistently my favorite, both for my kids and for me (the self-sealing bottles are a deal breaker.) I love these bottles because a) they keep my drink cold all day, even in the heat, b) they’re a manageable size, c) they’re spill-proof, d) they have a little part that snaps over where you drink so if you toss it in a bag or take it on a hike, it keeps the mouth part covered, e) you can drink with one hand, so it’s perfect for the gym or when you have your hands full, and f) it doesn’t make your water taste like metal (which is usually my problem with stainless steel bottles.) This two-pack is a fantastic deal, way cheaper than buying them individually.
3. Raffaelo Almond Coconut Truffles. So a few weeks ago, a friend of mine gave me a box of these and my life has been changed. I’d never had them before, and I’ve got them squirreled away in my cupboards and ration them out like there’s a shortage. The funny thing is that if I were to pick a treat, it probably wouldn’t be white chocolate or almonds or coconut, but the combination of them is a.maz.ing. You can probably find these cheaper in stores (although they can be kind of tricky to find–look with the premium chocolates like the Lindt Truffles)–check Walgreens and CVS (of all places). I’ve also seen them at Target, but at my Target, they’re only packaged in larger boxes with other truffles.
4. Dry shampoo is an essential during the hot summer months and finding the right dry shampoo can be kind of a challenge. I got a sample of Living Proof Dry Shampoo (trial size and full size) in my Ipsy box about a year ago and it quickly became my favorite. Most dry shampoos smell so strong and have kind of a baby powder smell to them, which I’m not super into. I also feel like a lot of times, they’re not doing a whole lot except making my hair smell kind of like a sweaty baby, which is nice on a baby but not so much for me. I love the herb-y smell of Living Proof and yeah, it is strong, but not as strong as others I’ve tried. I also feel like it actually makes my hair less gross. I bought a full-size can of it in November and just barely ran out, so a little goes a long way!
5. The Coco Shea line from Bath and Body Works this year is SO amazing! I’ve been loving Coco Shea Coconut Body Lotion (the cucumber is also fantastic) for my body. Sometimes coconut-scented products take on a weird smell after awhile, but these just smell amazing, start to finish, and aren’t too heavy or too light.
I’m super excited to give a box of my favorite summer treats away, so if you want a box of all these things, leave a comment telling me the thing you’re most looking forward to this summer! When you comment, make sure you use an email address you check frequently in the email address field (you don’t have to leave it in your comment). The giveaway ends Sunday, May 21st at 10:00 pm Central time and the winner will be announced in my post on Monday, May 22nd.
Fine print: This giveaway is NOT sponsored, meaning we pay for the cost of the prizes. All opinions are our own. There are some (but not all) affiliate links in this post. Winner must have a US mailing address.
Fun giveaway! Looking forward to lazy summer mornings where do don’t have to rush out the door all ready for the day.
I have heard such good things about Rodan products but the direct sales thing has always made me not want to bother. I would love to try this sunscreen as a pale person myself!
I’m most looking forward to no schedule with my kids. Just playing when we want for however long we want!
We live in a cold, blustery part of the country, but although they are short, we do have the most amazing summers. I just love being outside!
Looking forward to sleeping in and not making lunches! So I guess you could say I’m lazy ?
Sunshine, sleeping in and family vacations!!
I’m most looking forward to having a new baby and not being pregnant. Also, really excited about the no homework!
I’m looking forward to adding 2 babies to our family! One is being adopted and the other is due in 10 days!!
Sleeping in! It will be so nice not to have to rush off to school every single day.
I’m most looking forward to sending my kids to play in the backyard. We bought our first house in December and I have been waiting for SO long to get full use out of our yard. Also, birthday parties, BBQ’s, family reunions and camping!
P.S. I literally swear by the Living Proof dry shampoo. Unfortunately it’s really expensive (for me, at least) and I have the thickest hair EVER and it doesn’t last me very long so I only buy it to “treat myself” on special occasions like my birthday.
I’m excited to decorate my new house!
I’m looking forward to having baby #6 out of my body and in my arms!
I’m looking forward to lazy summer days with no homework!
I love not having a routine for a few months! Get up when we want, do whatever we want each day.
Looking forward to a much more relaxed schedule and being with my kids more! And homemade ice cream and BBQ’s….etc. ?
I’m looking forward to introducing my baby to all the things I love! Swimming, biking, hiking, riding horses, and just being outside in the sun!
I am most looking forward to all the “lazy days” of summer! ???. Yeah right, no lazy days here………our daughter is getting married in July!
Is it too geeky to say I’m going to the American Library Association annual conference in June and I am stoked? Five nights away from “real life” and America’s Test Kitchen is going to be there!
We have a weeklong camping trip planned in McCall and I can’t wait. Going to the mountains soothes my soul! I love taking long walks, gardening and seeing more of my kids in the summer.
I’m looking forward to a few months without homework and morning alarms!
No last minute scramble on Sunday night to get the kids ready for the week.
Swimming! It gets a million degrees in Vegas so inside or in water is often the only option. 🙂
I am most looking forward to the slower pace of life! Getting to sleep in and not having to have people out the door at a specific time!
I’m looking forward to some SUN (It’s snowing out my window right now!) Also, my baby goes to kindergarten this year, so I will be relishing all the quiet and slow summer moments before life gets crazy-town again!!
I’m most looking forward to a summer at the ball park. So excited my boys decided to play this year! I can’t wait!
I’m looking forward to having this baby! Number 5 for us and it’s so so much more exhausting than the first one.
I’m looking forward to not getting my kids out the door in the morning!
I’m most looking forward to my husband coming home from Afghanistan for the last year and being back together again with my family! It’s been a hard year, but we are almost done! And being able to just sit around a little and not go go go with the craziness of the school year.
Summer vacation to my parents house!
I am feeling particularly jazzed about spending long afternoons at our local pond, letting the kids play and being with friends. Having zero schedule and coming and going as we please.