A fun and healthy twist on traditional nachos. Sweet and savory roasted sweet potatoes are the perfect base for your favorite Latin toppings!
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic (or garlic powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces thinly sliced sweet potato (about 2–3 inches in diameter)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line 1 or 2 baking sheets with foil and spray generously with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Mix smoked paprika, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Use a mandolin to slice sweet potatoes into thin, even slices. Place sweet potatoes in bowl and drizzle with olive oil, using your hands to coat the slices on both sides. Sprinkle seasonings over and toss again.
- Lay potatoes in a single layer (overlapping a tiny bit is fine). Place in oven for 20 minutes an peek. Depending on thickness, they usually take 20-30 minutes. Look for browning around the edges.
- Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes. Potatoes will firm up while sitting. Place on a large plate or platter. Top with favorite nacho toppings (Shredded meat, pico de gallo, guacamole, etc) and serve.