These swirled pumpkin cheesecake brownies are a fantastic autumn-in-a-pan dessert.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 6 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Microwave cream cheese until soft, about 20-30 seconds. Add pumpkin, sour cream, sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg. Whisk to combine well and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325. Line a 8×8 pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray. In a mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl combine butter and chocolate. Microwave at 50% power, stirring occasionally, until melted, 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk sugar, eggs, and vanilla together in a medium bowl. Add melted chocolate to mixture and whisk until incorporated. Add flour mixture and fold to combine.
- Reserve 1/2 cup batter (put it in the bowl you melted your chocolate in.) Spread remaining batter in prepared pan. Spread cream cheese filling evenly over batter.
- Microwave bowl of reserved batter until warm and pourable, 10-20 seconds. Using a spoon, dollop softened batter over cream cheese filling, 6-8 dollops. Use a knife and swirl batter through cream cheese filling, making a marbled pattern. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out with few moist crumbs attached 35-40 minutes. Let cool in pan on wire rack for 1 hour.
- Using foil overhang, lift brownies out of pan. Return brownies to wire rack and let cool completely, about 1 hour. Cut into squares and serve.