A simple and versatile chicken dish with a Mexican flair.
- 1 pound chicken breasts or thighs
- A couple of juicy limes
- A splash of red wine vinegar
- 2–3 cloves garlic, pressed or coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Juice the limes and combine with a couple splashes of red wine vinegar. Add garlic. Pour over chicken. This will not completely cover the chicken; just turn it occasionally as needed. Marinate for at least 4 hours, no longer than 8.
- Heat an outdoor grill (you can also use a grill pan inside. Or your broiler in your oven.) Combine salt, chili powder, cumin, and black pepper in a small bowl. Remove chicken from marinade and rub the spices all over the chicken.
- Grill about 7 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand a few minutes so it doesn’t lose its juiciness. You can either eat the chicken as it is, maybe with Mexican rice and beans, or use slice it up and use it as you would taco meat.