So can we talk about Sara’s birthday? It’s coming up, but it’s not for another couple of weeks. I’ve been collecting items for a little birthday box for a few months now and I thought it would be fun to do a little twist on our favorite things and that I would send some of my birthday picks for Sara to one of you!
1. Mason Jar Mug. I love these mugs! They’re cute and stylish and durable and easy to clean and they fit in your dishwasher. I love putting little trinkets, gift cards, etc. in mugs like this and giving them to friends and my kids’ teachers.
2. $15 iTunes Gift Card. Whether you’re buying apps or music or games or movies. it’s pretty hard to go wrong with an iTunes gift card. Unless you absolutely hate Apple, then you’re just kind of out of luck.
I generally don’t pick music for other people because it’s so personal. And. I was gonna tell you guys what my top 5 most listened to songs were, like that would be useful or something, but my list ended up being a nice mix of embarrassing and kid-centric (think Daft Punk meets “What Does the Fox Say?” meets “We Saw Three Ships.” Yes. The Christmas song. Not even my favorite Christmas song. What the heck?!) So we’re gonna leave it at that, but if you guys wanna talk folsky rock with the occasional pop song, you know where to find me.
3. Hello Kitty BandAids. Because she cuts herself (on accident) a lot and even grown-ups deserve cute adhesive bandages.
4. Zapp’s Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips. Sara loves chips, Sara loves salt and vinegar, I live in Louisiana, so I kind of had to send her a bag of Louisiana-made salt and vinegar kettle chips. I had to.
5. Essie Fashion Playground Nail Polish. In case you didn’t know, Sara has a color–it’s kind of a light blue-green. This nail polish is super pretty and a tiny bit sparkly, perfect for summer!
6. Aqua Stone Earrings from Lisa Leonard. If you’ve never checked out her website, you should–I have gotten some of my favorite jewelry and favorite gifts from her shop. These earrings were so pretty and versatile–you can definitely dress them up or down. Plus, they’re “the color.”
7. Nourish Organic Lavender Mint Body Lotion. I first discovered this lotion when I was shopping for a friend on bedrest and looking for something nicer and fancier than your average drugstore lotion, something that smelled good but wasn’t overwhelming, and something that actually worked. This was the one and now, I snag a bottle at Target (when I can find it!) because it makes a perfect gift. Even if it’s a gift for me.
8. Bath & Body Works Lanikai Coconut Candle. You didn’t think we were going to make it through this without a Bath and Body Works candle, right?! For me, coconut scents are kind of weird. Sometimes, they’re mixed with musky scents, and I’m not a huge fan of that. This one smells kind of funky when it’s cold, but once you start burning it, it smells like coconut-scented sunblock. It’s the one I cannot stop burning–so delicious!
9. Bath & Body Works Strawberry Lip Butter. The peach is also pretty delicious–hard to go wrong there. This lip gloss is healing and thick, but it’s not sticky. Plus, it tastes like my Strawberry Shortcake dolls smelled when I was a kid, so how could I not include it?
10. Lindt Milk Chocolate Truffles with Coconut. You guys…there’s just not a whole lot to say here. And I’m generally not a huge fan of chocolate coconut candy. But these won me over. And when I say “won,” I mean that if I look at them too hard in the store, I’ll fall under their spell and then I’ll find empty wrappers and I won’t know what happened. They’re dangerous and amazing all at once.
So. That’s it! Happy birthday (soon!), Sara! To enter to win EVERYTHING in the box, leave a comment saying what you want most in the box! Or what your most-played song is, just so I feel better about myself. The giveaway ends at 10:00 pm Tuesday, April 15 and I’ll announce the winner on April 16th. The winner must have a residence in the United States (it’s the law, not us being jerkfaces.) Ready?! Go!
ALSO. If you missed it yesterday, our olive oil is on sale to make room for some fun new flavors that we’re SO excited about! Use the code EXTRAVIRGIN to get a large bottle of our extra virgin olive oil plus one of our flavored oils (lemon, basil, or garlic) for $25!
Thank you so much for all your comments! This giveaway is now closed.
Lol no playlist, but don’t feel bad. 🙂 that strawberry lip butter looks amazing!!
the chips! lol.
I would love the lip butter or candle. Also, I don’t know if I could tell you my favorite song because the only thing i have heard for the last four months is the sound track to frozen.
Loving the candle and nail polish!
Happy bday to Sara! Fun package. I need to try those Lindt coconut truffles!!!!
Itunes! I have been listening to frozen with my daughter!
The earrings….or the chocolate. I can’t quite decide. 🙂
I REALLY want to burn that candle!
Lip butter! that sounds amazing!!!
The lip balm, cuz my lips hurt real bad! (said in my best Napoleon Dynomite voice) But really, happiest early birthday!❤
I am going through a huge coconut phase right now (read: I’m pregnant), and all I want is to eat coconut, smell coconut, bathe in coconut-pretty much anything with the word “coconut” is a winner in my book!
I love anything from Bath and Body. Thanks and Happy Birthday!!
With me it’s always about the chocolate.
I would love the mason jar cup or the itunes card!!
I think my most played song is the first one on the frozen soundtrack :-/
Hmmm chocolate AND coconut… MMmmm yes please! Happy Birthday!
Oohhhh, that candle sounds delish!!! Happy, happy birthday Sara!!
The nail polish! Love that color! My birthday is coming up in a ca few weeks too so I’m hoping for this special little package! Thanks for sharing.
The lotion! And everything looks great. 🙂
Oh man, I want it all! But the earrings have particularly caught my eye. I might need to get me some of those… if I don’t win them that is 🙂
Happy birthday, Sara!
I’m most excited about the lotion. My hands are always so dry and I’m always looking for great lotions that aren’t too intense
Happy birthday Sara! All of these items are killer… So hard to choose…
I will pick the candle, just because a dirty diaper was accidentally left in our kitchen garbage this morning and our whole house smells like death at the moment.
The lip butter sounds heavenly!
The chocolate truffles. Today in the car the song “Home” came on by Phillip Phillips and my 2 year old said “turn up please. Like this song” and then proceeded to try and sing along with it. Not sure what that says about my parenting style.
I like those Hello Kitty bandaids! We never have enough.
The chocolate coconut truffles. I am going to the store and find them.
Happy Birthday Sara! I LOVE the cute Mason Jar mugs!! Thanks for the fun contest.
I would never turn away the chocolate truffles. I’ve never tried the coconut variety but I’m sure they are just as dangerous as the others.
I would love the iTunes gift card. Whenever I have “money” on my account my app/music purchases feel free!!
Definitely the lotion – it sounds amazing!
Comments are closed.