So can we talk about Sara’s birthday? It’s coming up, but it’s not for another couple of weeks. I’ve been collecting items for a little birthday box for a few months now and I thought it would be fun to do a little twist on our favorite things and that I would send some of my birthday picks for Sara to one of you!
1. Mason Jar Mug. I love these mugs! They’re cute and stylish and durable and easy to clean and they fit in your dishwasher. I love putting little trinkets, gift cards, etc. in mugs like this and giving them to friends and my kids’ teachers.
2. $15 iTunes Gift Card. Whether you’re buying apps or music or games or movies. it’s pretty hard to go wrong with an iTunes gift card. Unless you absolutely hate Apple, then you’re just kind of out of luck.
I generally don’t pick music for other people because it’s so personal. And. I was gonna tell you guys what my top 5 most listened to songs were, like that would be useful or something, but my list ended up being a nice mix of embarrassing and kid-centric (think Daft Punk meets “What Does the Fox Say?” meets “We Saw Three Ships.” Yes. The Christmas song. Not even my favorite Christmas song. What the heck?!) So we’re gonna leave it at that, but if you guys wanna talk folsky rock with the occasional pop song, you know where to find me.
3. Hello Kitty BandAids. Because she cuts herself (on accident) a lot and even grown-ups deserve cute adhesive bandages.
4. Zapp’s Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips. Sara loves chips, Sara loves salt and vinegar, I live in Louisiana, so I kind of had to send her a bag of Louisiana-made salt and vinegar kettle chips. I had to.
5. Essie Fashion Playground Nail Polish. In case you didn’t know, Sara has a color–it’s kind of a light blue-green. This nail polish is super pretty and a tiny bit sparkly, perfect for summer!
6. Aqua Stone Earrings from Lisa Leonard. If you’ve never checked out her website, you should–I have gotten some of my favorite jewelry and favorite gifts from her shop. These earrings were so pretty and versatile–you can definitely dress them up or down. Plus, they’re “the color.”
7. Nourish Organic Lavender Mint Body Lotion. I first discovered this lotion when I was shopping for a friend on bedrest and looking for something nicer and fancier than your average drugstore lotion, something that smelled good but wasn’t overwhelming, and something that actually worked. This was the one and now, I snag a bottle at Target (when I can find it!) because it makes a perfect gift. Even if it’s a gift for me.
8. Bath & Body Works Lanikai Coconut Candle. You didn’t think we were going to make it through this without a Bath and Body Works candle, right?! For me, coconut scents are kind of weird. Sometimes, they’re mixed with musky scents, and I’m not a huge fan of that. This one smells kind of funky when it’s cold, but once you start burning it, it smells like coconut-scented sunblock. It’s the one I cannot stop burning–so delicious!
9. Bath & Body Works Strawberry Lip Butter. The peach is also pretty delicious–hard to go wrong there. This lip gloss is healing and thick, but it’s not sticky. Plus, it tastes like my Strawberry Shortcake dolls smelled when I was a kid, so how could I not include it?
10. Lindt Milk Chocolate Truffles with Coconut. You guys…there’s just not a whole lot to say here. And I’m generally not a huge fan of chocolate coconut candy. But these won me over. And when I say “won,” I mean that if I look at them too hard in the store, I’ll fall under their spell and then I’ll find empty wrappers and I won’t know what happened. They’re dangerous and amazing all at once.
So. That’s it! Happy birthday (soon!), Sara! To enter to win EVERYTHING in the box, leave a comment saying what you want most in the box! Or what your most-played song is, just so I feel better about myself. The giveaway ends at 10:00 pm Tuesday, April 15 and I’ll announce the winner on April 16th. The winner must have a residence in the United States (it’s the law, not us being jerkfaces.) Ready?! Go!
ALSO. If you missed it yesterday, our olive oil is on sale to make room for some fun new flavors that we’re SO excited about! Use the code EXTRAVIRGIN to get a large bottle of our extra virgin olive oil plus one of our flavored oils (lemon, basil, or garlic) for $25!
Thank you so much for all your comments! This giveaway is now closed.
The lip butter looks fabulous!
Acqua stone earrings? Why, yes please!!!
Definitely the mason jar!! I’m obsessed with all things mason jar!!
Ohhh, would love the Lindt chocolate coconut candy,,,,yum!!!
I want…all of it? I guess if I had to make a #1 pick it would be the Essie just because I love painting my nails. And I love BBW, but I’ve never gotten around to trying any of their candles since I’m always using scentsy, but I love coconut smells…and I love chocolate, and jewelry…so really I think that’s enough to justify my needing to win this package! 🙂
I’d love to get my hands on those mason jars! I think I’m going to “borrow” your idea and get some for teacher gifts. Cool stuff!
The Bath and Body Works Candle looks like a tropical getaway and I am down with that!!! Thank you!!!!!!
My most-listened-to song is “Hakuna Matata.” For reals. But I would mostly love the lip butter. Yum!
The coconut truffles sound delicious!
Those Lindor chocolates…although everything looks fun. But really chocolate, especially Lindor truffles, and coconut. What’s not to love?
I’d love the mason jar mug and nail polish! Cute birthday box.
The earrings! They are lovely!
This is super fun! You’ve given me a lot of Easter basket ideas!! I am seriously going to grab that Strawberry Lip Butter today!!! Happy Bday to Sara!
Hmmm….this is tough one! The practical one in me says I would love (and USE) with three girls, the bandaids…the cup is reusable, and darling, and a woman can NEVER have enough lip balm. But, I think I may have to get in touch with my impractical side and say the nail polish, as I rarely paint my nails for lack of a lovely color, and that color is just darling.
I love coconut, so I would live the candle or chocolate!
I am a teacher so I would love the mug and the iTunes gift card…the mug for my morning coffee and the gift card for music for my class to listen to during art time!!
Chocolate and coconut. They’re deadly together. I love it!!
Most certainly the chocolate, I bought some of those kind for my mother in law (in the hopes she would share some with me, but she didn’t 🙁
That lip butter looks awesome!
I’m thinking I’d like the lotion…and the chocolate…and the candle…okay, all of it!
7. Nourish Organic Lavender Mint Body Lotion.-sounds amazing
What a great friend! I would like to win because my husband, Bob, loves chocolate and coconut and I would give the truffles to him. Then I wouldn’t feel so guilty about saving everything else just for me. How often do you think the mother of eight boys gets anything to herself!.
By the way, it’s been our tradition to have cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Sunday morning for General Conference. I saw the post about the blueberry lemons rolls and couldn’t resist trying them. I even found wild blueberries. They were awesome. To stick with tradition I made half the dough with cinnamon and the other half with blueberries and lemon and everyone loved them. My brother keeps whispering into his ham radio ‘blueberry’ sending me subliminal messages!
Chocolate and coconut! Where do I find these? Happy Birthday, Sara.
I most want the lip butter from Bath and Body. And, the music my kids won’t let me stop playing is the entire Frozen soundtrack. I think I know every lyric by heart.
Oooh – the earrings are definitely my favorite!
I would love to try the #9, the Lip Butter, It sounds so good. I live in the Mts and my lips are so bad.
I love those earrings!!
What a fun birthday box! So many good things to pick from, but I think the candle would be my favorite.
I love Essie nail polish. You can’t have too many in my opinion!!
Comments are closed.