So can we talk about Sara’s birthday? It’s coming up, but it’s not for another couple of weeks. I’ve been collecting items for a little birthday box for a few months now and I thought it would be fun to do a little twist on our favorite things and that I would send some of my birthday picks for Sara to one of you!
1. Mason Jar Mug. I love these mugs! They’re cute and stylish and durable and easy to clean and they fit in your dishwasher. I love putting little trinkets, gift cards, etc. in mugs like this and giving them to friends and my kids’ teachers.
2. $15 iTunes Gift Card. Whether you’re buying apps or music or games or movies. it’s pretty hard to go wrong with an iTunes gift card. Unless you absolutely hate Apple, then you’re just kind of out of luck.
I generally don’t pick music for other people because it’s so personal. And. I was gonna tell you guys what my top 5 most listened to songs were, like that would be useful or something, but my list ended up being a nice mix of embarrassing and kid-centric (think Daft Punk meets “What Does the Fox Say?” meets “We Saw Three Ships.” Yes. The Christmas song. Not even my favorite Christmas song. What the heck?!) So we’re gonna leave it at that, but if you guys wanna talk folsky rock with the occasional pop song, you know where to find me.
3. Hello Kitty BandAids. Because she cuts herself (on accident) a lot and even grown-ups deserve cute adhesive bandages.
4. Zapp’s Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips. Sara loves chips, Sara loves salt and vinegar, I live in Louisiana, so I kind of had to send her a bag of Louisiana-made salt and vinegar kettle chips. I had to.
5. Essie Fashion Playground Nail Polish. In case you didn’t know, Sara has a color–it’s kind of a light blue-green. This nail polish is super pretty and a tiny bit sparkly, perfect for summer!
6. Aqua Stone Earrings from Lisa Leonard. If you’ve never checked out her website, you should–I have gotten some of my favorite jewelry and favorite gifts from her shop. These earrings were so pretty and versatile–you can definitely dress them up or down. Plus, they’re “the color.”
7. Nourish Organic Lavender Mint Body Lotion. I first discovered this lotion when I was shopping for a friend on bedrest and looking for something nicer and fancier than your average drugstore lotion, something that smelled good but wasn’t overwhelming, and something that actually worked. This was the one and now, I snag a bottle at Target (when I can find it!) because it makes a perfect gift. Even if it’s a gift for me.
8. Bath & Body Works Lanikai Coconut Candle. You didn’t think we were going to make it through this without a Bath and Body Works candle, right?! For me, coconut scents are kind of weird. Sometimes, they’re mixed with musky scents, and I’m not a huge fan of that. This one smells kind of funky when it’s cold, but once you start burning it, it smells like coconut-scented sunblock. It’s the one I cannot stop burning–so delicious!
9. Bath & Body Works Strawberry Lip Butter. The peach is also pretty delicious–hard to go wrong there. This lip gloss is healing and thick, but it’s not sticky. Plus, it tastes like my Strawberry Shortcake dolls smelled when I was a kid, so how could I not include it?
10. Lindt Milk Chocolate Truffles with Coconut. You guys…there’s just not a whole lot to say here. And I’m generally not a huge fan of chocolate coconut candy. But these won me over. And when I say “won,” I mean that if I look at them too hard in the store, I’ll fall under their spell and then I’ll find empty wrappers and I won’t know what happened. They’re dangerous and amazing all at once.
So. That’s it! Happy birthday (soon!), Sara! To enter to win EVERYTHING in the box, leave a comment saying what you want most in the box! Or what your most-played song is, just so I feel better about myself. The giveaway ends at 10:00 pm Tuesday, April 15 and I’ll announce the winner on April 16th. The winner must have a residence in the United States (it’s the law, not us being jerkfaces.) Ready?! Go!
ALSO. If you missed it yesterday, our olive oil is on sale to make room for some fun new flavors that we’re SO excited about! Use the code EXTRAVIRGIN to get a large bottle of our extra virgin olive oil plus one of our flavored oils (lemon, basil, or garlic) for $25!
Thank you so much for all your comments! This giveaway is now closed.
Love Birthdays! Happy early bday!
There are so many great things in the box! I think the Itunes gift card, spring always means a new playlist!
Happy Birthday Sara! I would love to try the Zapp’s salt and vinegar chips, I can’t pass them up!
I love a good candle! Happy Birthday Sara!
I’m a kind of a sucker for earrings, and those aqua ones are beautiful…though the coconut truffles sound amazing too! Happy birthday to Sara!
I want the earrings. Love them!
I agree about coconut candles, so I would LOVE to try out this one. 🙂 Happy Birthday to Sara!
The lotion sounds wonderful
Definitely Lindt Milk Chocolate Truffles with Coconut! Oh my gosh those sound so good! “What does the Fox Say” is definitely one of my faves! I probably should be embarrassed, but I love it!!!
My most played song these days is I Love Bugs from Yo Gabba Gabba. My daughter is obsessed with it and I may or may not be as well.
I need a new nail polish color & that one is so pretty! But also, the candle sounds delish!
Happy Birthday Sara! I LOVE the cute Mason Jar mugs!!Thanks for a chance to win.
The nail polish. I hear awesome things about that brand and have never gotten to try it.
The nail polish or itunes card would be my top picks! Happy birthday Sara!
The lip gloss because if it smells like strawberry shortcake smelled, then I am all in! Happy Birthday Sara
The chocolate. Most definitely. Although the coconut scented candle would be a great way to feel like winter will eventually leave!! Happy early birthday Sara!
Lindt truffles are my very favorite!!!
I would want my sister shipped from Omaha to me in California. Love the contents of the birthday box you put together for some lucky duck. I was happy to see earrings from Lisa Leonard, my daughter now works for her here in SLO. Please play “Happy” to jazz up your day.
The mason jar mug is cute.
Happy Birthday Sara!
itunes gift card would be my pick, for sure!
Hello Kitty! Grand kids love um!
Too hard to choose a favorite!
Well, I just bought the same candle yesterday and I LOVE it! I would love ALL of those items, but especially the earrings. Most played song? Easy. “Let it Go” from “Frozen”. I have 2 little girls. Though, I love listening to the song as well. Happy Birthday Sara!
I would love the lotion, however the truffles look super yummy.
The iTunes gift card! I love all music especially running music. The Imagine Dragons album plays over and over on my iPod!
Love those earrings! And I’m sure I’m not alone with let it go from frozen as most played. 🙁 secretly I love that though 😉 happy early birthday sara!
Truffles please. 😉
Happy Birthday Sara!! I love the song Brown Eye Girl 🙂 It is a good one.
The strawberry lip butter sounds awesome! Love me some Bath and Body Works!
Comments are closed.