So can we talk about Sara’s birthday? It’s coming up, but it’s not for another couple of weeks. I’ve been collecting items for a little birthday box for a few months now and I thought it would be fun to do a little twist on our favorite things and that I would send some of my birthday picks for Sara to one of you!
1. Mason Jar Mug. I love these mugs! They’re cute and stylish and durable and easy to clean and they fit in your dishwasher. I love putting little trinkets, gift cards, etc. in mugs like this and giving them to friends and my kids’ teachers.
2. $15 iTunes Gift Card. Whether you’re buying apps or music or games or movies. it’s pretty hard to go wrong with an iTunes gift card. Unless you absolutely hate Apple, then you’re just kind of out of luck.
I generally don’t pick music for other people because it’s so personal. And. I was gonna tell you guys what my top 5 most listened to songs were, like that would be useful or something, but my list ended up being a nice mix of embarrassing and kid-centric (think Daft Punk meets “What Does the Fox Say?” meets “We Saw Three Ships.” Yes. The Christmas song. Not even my favorite Christmas song. What the heck?!) So we’re gonna leave it at that, but if you guys wanna talk folsky rock with the occasional pop song, you know where to find me.
3. Hello Kitty BandAids. Because she cuts herself (on accident) a lot and even grown-ups deserve cute adhesive bandages.
4. Zapp’s Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips. Sara loves chips, Sara loves salt and vinegar, I live in Louisiana, so I kind of had to send her a bag of Louisiana-made salt and vinegar kettle chips. I had to.
5. Essie Fashion Playground Nail Polish. In case you didn’t know, Sara has a color–it’s kind of a light blue-green. This nail polish is super pretty and a tiny bit sparkly, perfect for summer!
6. Aqua Stone Earrings from Lisa Leonard. If you’ve never checked out her website, you should–I have gotten some of my favorite jewelry and favorite gifts from her shop. These earrings were so pretty and versatile–you can definitely dress them up or down. Plus, they’re “the color.”
7. Nourish Organic Lavender Mint Body Lotion. I first discovered this lotion when I was shopping for a friend on bedrest and looking for something nicer and fancier than your average drugstore lotion, something that smelled good but wasn’t overwhelming, and something that actually worked. This was the one and now, I snag a bottle at Target (when I can find it!) because it makes a perfect gift. Even if it’s a gift for me.
8. Bath & Body Works Lanikai Coconut Candle. You didn’t think we were going to make it through this without a Bath and Body Works candle, right?! For me, coconut scents are kind of weird. Sometimes, they’re mixed with musky scents, and I’m not a huge fan of that. This one smells kind of funky when it’s cold, but once you start burning it, it smells like coconut-scented sunblock. It’s the one I cannot stop burning–so delicious!
9. Bath & Body Works Strawberry Lip Butter. The peach is also pretty delicious–hard to go wrong there. This lip gloss is healing and thick, but it’s not sticky. Plus, it tastes like my Strawberry Shortcake dolls smelled when I was a kid, so how could I not include it?
10. Lindt Milk Chocolate Truffles with Coconut. You guys…there’s just not a whole lot to say here. And I’m generally not a huge fan of chocolate coconut candy. But these won me over. And when I say “won,” I mean that if I look at them too hard in the store, I’ll fall under their spell and then I’ll find empty wrappers and I won’t know what happened. They’re dangerous and amazing all at once.
So. That’s it! Happy birthday (soon!), Sara! To enter to win EVERYTHING in the box, leave a comment saying what you want most in the box! Or what your most-played song is, just so I feel better about myself. The giveaway ends at 10:00 pm Tuesday, April 15 and I’ll announce the winner on April 16th. The winner must have a residence in the United States (it’s the law, not us being jerkfaces.) Ready?! Go!
ALSO. If you missed it yesterday, our olive oil is on sale to make room for some fun new flavors that we’re SO excited about! Use the code EXTRAVIRGIN to get a large bottle of our extra virgin olive oil plus one of our flavored oils (lemon, basil, or garlic) for $25!
Thank you so much for all your comments! This giveaway is now closed.
Hmm…I think I like the candle the most…or the jewelery…or chocolate- it ALL looks AWESOME!! And right now “Happy” is the most played song at my house, or at least the most played when I lay down the law and enforce a Frozen break!
Nail polish…love it!
I love that mug!
That nail polish is perfect!!
The aqua stone earrings caught my eye first!
Although I love the nail polish, definitely the mug! Great for class 🙂 nice giveaway!
One of my never gets old running songs is Dirty Pop by Nsync. Fun beat and doesn’t get old. Maybe it’s my teenage crush that keeps this song in the top.
I love my favorite lists and would love to win.
You had me at chocolate & coconut. And my birthday is April 16th…. What a great bunch of gifts. I’d love them too.
I would love any of these cute things! But if I had to pick… #8 or #10 would be lovely. Thanks for the awesome giveaway!
Probably the Bath and Body stuff, because we don’t have that store here! 🙁 Happy birthday to Sara!
I like listening to Taylor Swift…and no I’m not a teen or in my 20s. I try to say my kids enjoy it, but it’s really me :).
The Lindt coconut truffles are soooo good…our Target is already sold out of them 🙁
The earrings! So pretty!
That lip gloss looks awesome! I always want to buy everything when I check out BBW lip “section” and default to buying nothing because I can’t decide. It sounds SUPER yummy 🙂
The mason jar mug. Always wanted one of those! Thanks!
I so need the iTunes card! I just got certified as a fitness instructor and need to buy music for my classes. And happy birthday to Sara!
I want those Truffles!
Chips! Earrings! Chocolate!
happy birthday sara! hooray!!! oh my goodness what a fabulous birthday giveaway! my birthday is april 15th! yay for spring babies! i would just love to try the Essie Fashion Playground Nail Polish! looks absolutely darling!
How fun! The candle or the chocolates. Mmm!
So many awesome goodies. If I had to choose I would pick the nail polish because I love that color and it would be perfect to have this summer!
What fun gift ideas! Love them all, but my top two are the nail polish and the candle!
Oh My! What birthday finds! I’ve never seen the coconut truffles…….this could be trouble!
Love the beautiful earrings.
Happy birthday to sara!!! I could DEFINITELY use some delicious lindor chocolates 🙂
The truffles for sure! Happy almost birthday Sara!
Those chips look awesome to me! Right now a big song we listen to is “Peggy Sue” by Buddy Holly. My Mom is actually named Peggy Sue and she hates the song but I love it and my 4 year old has started to sing it and then after the song is over she says, “I love my Grandma, too!” Needless to say, my mom is coming around to the song. 🙂
I like the Mason Jar Mug. BTW, Happy Early Birthday.
Love the earrings and the candle!
Happy Birthday Sara!
#1 most played song according to my itunes is Beautiful by: Christina Aguilera and I belt it out every single time 🙂
Comments are closed.