So can we talk about Sara’s birthday? It’s coming up, but it’s not for another couple of weeks. I’ve been collecting items for a little birthday box for a few months now and I thought it would be fun to do a little twist on our favorite things and that I would send some of my birthday picks for Sara to one of you!
1. Mason Jar Mug. I love these mugs! They’re cute and stylish and durable and easy to clean and they fit in your dishwasher. I love putting little trinkets, gift cards, etc. in mugs like this and giving them to friends and my kids’ teachers.
2. $15 iTunes Gift Card. Whether you’re buying apps or music or games or movies. it’s pretty hard to go wrong with an iTunes gift card. Unless you absolutely hate Apple, then you’re just kind of out of luck.
I generally don’t pick music for other people because it’s so personal. And. I was gonna tell you guys what my top 5 most listened to songs were, like that would be useful or something, but my list ended up being a nice mix of embarrassing and kid-centric (think Daft Punk meets “What Does the Fox Say?” meets “We Saw Three Ships.” Yes. The Christmas song. Not even my favorite Christmas song. What the heck?!) So we’re gonna leave it at that, but if you guys wanna talk folsky rock with the occasional pop song, you know where to find me.
3. Hello Kitty BandAids. Because she cuts herself (on accident) a lot and even grown-ups deserve cute adhesive bandages.
4. Zapp’s Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips. Sara loves chips, Sara loves salt and vinegar, I live in Louisiana, so I kind of had to send her a bag of Louisiana-made salt and vinegar kettle chips. I had to.
5. Essie Fashion Playground Nail Polish. In case you didn’t know, Sara has a color–it’s kind of a light blue-green. This nail polish is super pretty and a tiny bit sparkly, perfect for summer!
6. Aqua Stone Earrings from Lisa Leonard. If you’ve never checked out her website, you should–I have gotten some of my favorite jewelry and favorite gifts from her shop. These earrings were so pretty and versatile–you can definitely dress them up or down. Plus, they’re “the color.”
7. Nourish Organic Lavender Mint Body Lotion. I first discovered this lotion when I was shopping for a friend on bedrest and looking for something nicer and fancier than your average drugstore lotion, something that smelled good but wasn’t overwhelming, and something that actually worked. This was the one and now, I snag a bottle at Target (when I can find it!) because it makes a perfect gift. Even if it’s a gift for me.
8. Bath & Body Works Lanikai Coconut Candle. You didn’t think we were going to make it through this without a Bath and Body Works candle, right?! For me, coconut scents are kind of weird. Sometimes, they’re mixed with musky scents, and I’m not a huge fan of that. This one smells kind of funky when it’s cold, but once you start burning it, it smells like coconut-scented sunblock. It’s the one I cannot stop burning–so delicious!
9. Bath & Body Works Strawberry Lip Butter. The peach is also pretty delicious–hard to go wrong there. This lip gloss is healing and thick, but it’s not sticky. Plus, it tastes like my Strawberry Shortcake dolls smelled when I was a kid, so how could I not include it?
10. Lindt Milk Chocolate Truffles with Coconut. You guys…there’s just not a whole lot to say here. And I’m generally not a huge fan of chocolate coconut candy. But these won me over. And when I say “won,” I mean that if I look at them too hard in the store, I’ll fall under their spell and then I’ll find empty wrappers and I won’t know what happened. They’re dangerous and amazing all at once.
So. That’s it! Happy birthday (soon!), Sara! To enter to win EVERYTHING in the box, leave a comment saying what you want most in the box! Or what your most-played song is, just so I feel better about myself. The giveaway ends at 10:00 pm Tuesday, April 15 and I’ll announce the winner on April 16th. The winner must have a residence in the United States (it’s the law, not us being jerkfaces.) Ready?! Go!
ALSO. If you missed it yesterday, our olive oil is on sale to make room for some fun new flavors that we’re SO excited about! Use the code EXTRAVIRGIN to get a large bottle of our extra virgin olive oil plus one of our flavored oils (lemon, basil, or garlic) for $25!
Thank you so much for all your comments! This giveaway is now closed.
So many great things. I love those earrings though. Adorable.
My favorite is the mason jar mug. Mason jars are one of my favorite things.
I would love to try that lotion!! And the chocolates too 🙂
um, how could you pick just one item out of that box?! i don’t have a playlist per se but my most listened to song is: shine your way by owl city
Coconut truffles? Oh my! But I would for sure need the cute mug to go with them! How could I choose just one? 🙂
The chocolate sounds so good right now! Adding coconut just makes it sound even more amazing. Happy Birthday Sara!
The earrings for sure!!!
I would like the Lanikai Coconut candle because Lanikai is my favorite place EVER!
Oh my word the nail polish. I die.
It all looks so fun but the nail polish would match my purse. 😉 And I listen to a lot of Taylor Swift…she’s not just for tweens, ha ha.
I like the nail polish…but the chocolate coconut candy sounds divine!
PS – Glad y’all aren’t “jerkfaces”. That cracked me up! 🙂
oh my goodness! I want to try those chocolate coconut Lindor balls. Mmmm!!!
Happy early birthday, Sara! I would love the truffles, of course. 🙂
I want the Lindt chocolate.
You had me at coconut and chocolate! They look so good!
The coconut candle and chocolates are calling my name! Yum-O! It’s the scent (and flavor) of summer to me.
Happy Birthday, Sara! May the coming year be blessed for you and yours. I’m really into that Essie nail polish, so Spring!
I want the nail polish!!
It’s a toss up between the iTunes card or the Lindt truffles!!!
I’d love to get some new music for my iPod.
Ooohhh… I want to try the lip balm. And the chocolate (of course). 😉
I would love the lavender lotion or lip balm.
I love the earrings! happy Birthday Sara!
I love the Mason Jar Mug. It is too cute along with everything else. Thanks for the chance to enter.
I would be most excited about the Lindt truffles with coconut! Yummm!
The lip butter sounds AMAZING, but those coconut truffles are my ABSOLUTE FAVE!!! Thanks for the ideas!! I have a friend with a bday coming up and was wondering what to get her!! These ideas are FABULOUS!!
earrings! I never buy jewelry for myself.
It all sounds great but with my dry skin I think the lip butter and body lotion would be really wonderful. Happy birthday to the birthday girl!
The lip butter sounds awesome!
Comments are closed.