So can we talk about Sara’s birthday? It’s coming up, but it’s not for another couple of weeks. I’ve been collecting items for a little birthday box for a few months now and I thought it would be fun to do a little twist on our favorite things and that I would send some of my birthday picks for Sara to one of you!
1. Mason Jar Mug. I love these mugs! They’re cute and stylish and durable and easy to clean and they fit in your dishwasher. I love putting little trinkets, gift cards, etc. in mugs like this and giving them to friends and my kids’ teachers.
2. $15 iTunes Gift Card. Whether you’re buying apps or music or games or movies. it’s pretty hard to go wrong with an iTunes gift card. Unless you absolutely hate Apple, then you’re just kind of out of luck.
I generally don’t pick music for other people because it’s so personal. And. I was gonna tell you guys what my top 5 most listened to songs were, like that would be useful or something, but my list ended up being a nice mix of embarrassing and kid-centric (think Daft Punk meets “What Does the Fox Say?” meets “We Saw Three Ships.” Yes. The Christmas song. Not even my favorite Christmas song. What the heck?!) So we’re gonna leave it at that, but if you guys wanna talk folsky rock with the occasional pop song, you know where to find me.
3. Hello Kitty BandAids. Because she cuts herself (on accident) a lot and even grown-ups deserve cute adhesive bandages.
4. Zapp’s Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips. Sara loves chips, Sara loves salt and vinegar, I live in Louisiana, so I kind of had to send her a bag of Louisiana-made salt and vinegar kettle chips. I had to.
5. Essie Fashion Playground Nail Polish. In case you didn’t know, Sara has a color–it’s kind of a light blue-green. This nail polish is super pretty and a tiny bit sparkly, perfect for summer!
6. Aqua Stone Earrings from Lisa Leonard. If you’ve never checked out her website, you should–I have gotten some of my favorite jewelry and favorite gifts from her shop. These earrings were so pretty and versatile–you can definitely dress them up or down. Plus, they’re “the color.”
7. Nourish Organic Lavender Mint Body Lotion. I first discovered this lotion when I was shopping for a friend on bedrest and looking for something nicer and fancier than your average drugstore lotion, something that smelled good but wasn’t overwhelming, and something that actually worked. This was the one and now, I snag a bottle at Target (when I can find it!) because it makes a perfect gift. Even if it’s a gift for me.
8. Bath & Body Works Lanikai Coconut Candle. You didn’t think we were going to make it through this without a Bath and Body Works candle, right?! For me, coconut scents are kind of weird. Sometimes, they’re mixed with musky scents, and I’m not a huge fan of that. This one smells kind of funky when it’s cold, but once you start burning it, it smells like coconut-scented sunblock. It’s the one I cannot stop burning–so delicious!
9. Bath & Body Works Strawberry Lip Butter. The peach is also pretty delicious–hard to go wrong there. This lip gloss is healing and thick, but it’s not sticky. Plus, it tastes like my Strawberry Shortcake dolls smelled when I was a kid, so how could I not include it?
10. Lindt Milk Chocolate Truffles with Coconut. You guys…there’s just not a whole lot to say here. And I’m generally not a huge fan of chocolate coconut candy. But these won me over. And when I say “won,” I mean that if I look at them too hard in the store, I’ll fall under their spell and then I’ll find empty wrappers and I won’t know what happened. They’re dangerous and amazing all at once.
So. That’s it! Happy birthday (soon!), Sara! To enter to win EVERYTHING in the box, leave a comment saying what you want most in the box! Or what your most-played song is, just so I feel better about myself. The giveaway ends at 10:00 pm Tuesday, April 15 and I’ll announce the winner on April 16th. The winner must have a residence in the United States (it’s the law, not us being jerkfaces.) Ready?! Go!
ALSO. If you missed it yesterday, our olive oil is on sale to make room for some fun new flavors that we’re SO excited about! Use the code EXTRAVIRGIN to get a large bottle of our extra virgin olive oil plus one of our flavored oils (lemon, basil, or garlic) for $25!
Thank you so much for all your comments! This giveaway is now closed.
Oh I love that nail polish!
Oh man!!! I love the nail polish and earrings! I’m an accessories junkie! OK, I love chocolate too!
Right now we seem to have the Frozen soundtrack on constant replay. My daughter’s current favorite!
I’m torn between the chocolate and the Bath and Body Works coconut candle. I’d love to have all the stuff. Great picks!
I’m especially liking the coconut candle and chocolate. It’s all pretty cute but I would definitely be painting my nails with that color by the time the first chocolate had melted away. (Happy Birthday to Sara)
I would love any of the items, but I think it is the chocolate that would be my #1 pick.
first, i would pick the hello kitty band-aids because i live in a house of boys, and all i can ever find are hulk and scooby-doo… which is fine, but sometimes a girl wants hello kitty…. I’ve been buying so many things in “the color” lately..
and I’ve been listening to one direction on my iPod… whatever.
Lindt Chocolate Coconut truffles sound divine! Happy Birthday Sara!
mmmm…. maybe the candle?
That candle sounds amazing!
Mmmm… strawberry lip butter. Two of my favorite things… strawberries and butter.
I have never tried Essie nail polish, but always wanted too!
Either the earrings or the coconut truffles. Hard to choose.
I want the truffles!! I love anything coconut!!!
Those yummy truffles!
Hmmm, how about all of it? What a fun giveaway. I’d most like the earrings and candle. Hope it’s a happy birthday!
I love the Mason Jar mug and right this minute my favorite song is “Happy” I’m not much of a dancer but it makes me want to. 🙂
Lindt Milk Chocolate Truffles with Coconut! You had me at Lindt!
Definitely the lip butter! I am always on the lookout for a good lip treatment. You guys are the best!
But I’m also addicted to mint nails on Pinterest or salt and vinegar potato chips.. Mmm;)
I would love the mason jar, great for summer.
We have to pick just one?! Such a good collection of stuff! Fine…the earrings. Because I never get to buy anything pretty for myself anymore. And hey, it’s my birthday today so I should just win automatically. 😉
ITunes card. Music at high volumes is the best therapy!
This is so perfect because my birthday is on Sunday! I would love the iTunes gift card because I got an early birthday present (my new iPhone!) and I need some cash to listen to my weird songs too like Kids Bop and I get made fun of for my weird song choices at my high school in Meridian, ID:) the iTunes cash would definitely help me update my playlist;)
I would go for the nail polish, I rarely splurge on the good stuff!
Wow, what a great birthday present! Happy Birthday Sara! The lip butter sounds amazing!
I absolutely torn between the lip butter and the chocolate…love ’em both!
The peppermint lotion looks good! You can never go wrong with a Lindor ball! All the items look fabulous!
I would love it all, especially the mug. I love cute containers and drinking out of straws!
I loooooove the truffles. Omg…they are addictive
Comments are closed.