So can we talk about Sara’s birthday? It’s coming up, but it’s not for another couple of weeks. I’ve been collecting items for a little birthday box for a few months now and I thought it would be fun to do a little twist on our favorite things and that I would send some of my birthday picks for Sara to one of you!
1. Mason Jar Mug. I love these mugs! They’re cute and stylish and durable and easy to clean and they fit in your dishwasher. I love putting little trinkets, gift cards, etc. in mugs like this and giving them to friends and my kids’ teachers.
2. $15 iTunes Gift Card. Whether you’re buying apps or music or games or movies. it’s pretty hard to go wrong with an iTunes gift card. Unless you absolutely hate Apple, then you’re just kind of out of luck.
I generally don’t pick music for other people because it’s so personal. And. I was gonna tell you guys what my top 5 most listened to songs were, like that would be useful or something, but my list ended up being a nice mix of embarrassing and kid-centric (think Daft Punk meets “What Does the Fox Say?” meets “We Saw Three Ships.” Yes. The Christmas song. Not even my favorite Christmas song. What the heck?!) So we’re gonna leave it at that, but if you guys wanna talk folsky rock with the occasional pop song, you know where to find me.
3. Hello Kitty BandAids. Because she cuts herself (on accident) a lot and even grown-ups deserve cute adhesive bandages.
4. Zapp’s Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips. Sara loves chips, Sara loves salt and vinegar, I live in Louisiana, so I kind of had to send her a bag of Louisiana-made salt and vinegar kettle chips. I had to.
5. Essie Fashion Playground Nail Polish. In case you didn’t know, Sara has a color–it’s kind of a light blue-green. This nail polish is super pretty and a tiny bit sparkly, perfect for summer!
6. Aqua Stone Earrings from Lisa Leonard. If you’ve never checked out her website, you should–I have gotten some of my favorite jewelry and favorite gifts from her shop. These earrings were so pretty and versatile–you can definitely dress them up or down. Plus, they’re “the color.”
7. Nourish Organic Lavender Mint Body Lotion. I first discovered this lotion when I was shopping for a friend on bedrest and looking for something nicer and fancier than your average drugstore lotion, something that smelled good but wasn’t overwhelming, and something that actually worked. This was the one and now, I snag a bottle at Target (when I can find it!) because it makes a perfect gift. Even if it’s a gift for me.
8. Bath & Body Works Lanikai Coconut Candle. You didn’t think we were going to make it through this without a Bath and Body Works candle, right?! For me, coconut scents are kind of weird. Sometimes, they’re mixed with musky scents, and I’m not a huge fan of that. This one smells kind of funky when it’s cold, but once you start burning it, it smells like coconut-scented sunblock. It’s the one I cannot stop burning–so delicious!
9. Bath & Body Works Strawberry Lip Butter. The peach is also pretty delicious–hard to go wrong there. This lip gloss is healing and thick, but it’s not sticky. Plus, it tastes like my Strawberry Shortcake dolls smelled when I was a kid, so how could I not include it?
10. Lindt Milk Chocolate Truffles with Coconut. You guys…there’s just not a whole lot to say here. And I’m generally not a huge fan of chocolate coconut candy. But these won me over. And when I say “won,” I mean that if I look at them too hard in the store, I’ll fall under their spell and then I’ll find empty wrappers and I won’t know what happened. They’re dangerous and amazing all at once.
So. That’s it! Happy birthday (soon!), Sara! To enter to win EVERYTHING in the box, leave a comment saying what you want most in the box! Or what your most-played song is, just so I feel better about myself. The giveaway ends at 10:00 pm Tuesday, April 15 and I’ll announce the winner on April 16th. The winner must have a residence in the United States (it’s the law, not us being jerkfaces.) Ready?! Go!
ALSO. If you missed it yesterday, our olive oil is on sale to make room for some fun new flavors that we’re SO excited about! Use the code EXTRAVIRGIN to get a large bottle of our extra virgin olive oil plus one of our flavored oils (lemon, basil, or garlic) for $25!
Thank you so much for all your comments! This giveaway is now closed.
I’m all over the coconut products!
Since I’m pregs obviously I neeeeeeed the chocolate 🙂
Bath and body candle!
Anything coconut sounds amazing to me 🙂
I want the Lindt Milk Chocolate Truffles with Coconut most of all – I’ll eat anything with coconut in it!
I would have to choose the truffles as my top pick. Chocolate and coconut…YUM!!
What a thoughtful gift, great idea!
Happy Birthday Sara! Those earrings have me hypnotized.
Everything looks so awesome! I would really love the mason jar mug. My hubby keeps taking my water bottles to work and I never see them again:) My playlist in full of the Frozen soundtrack right now. My littles (2 & 4) almost have the whole thing memorized:)
Oh my gosh, I really want to try the Strawberry Lip Butter (and the Peach)!
I love lots of kinds of music. But, I’m sort of a hopeless romantic and I just listened to the “will you marry me” song by Jason Derulo. My husband of 12 years just walked in and asked me why I was listening to that. Ha. I love anything with a good beat.
Happy Birthday, Sarah!!! It’s a tough choice but I’d say Zapp’s salt and vinegar chips!:-)
My playlist has been both Happy by Pharell and the Frozen soundtrack!:-) My 3 kids are obsessed!:-) And I am too:-)
I would love to try those Lindt chocolates. I’m in love with anything coconut right now!
That strawberry scent from Bath and Body Works is amazing! I have the lotion and the soap.
Hmmm…..it’s a toss up between the lip butter and the coconut chocolate truffles. Those sound yummy.
Those Chips! I love Salt and Vinegar!
The earrings are so pretty! I love the color! Thanks for the giveaway!
I love that mason jar mug! I might have to make a Target run 🙂
Those chocolates sound divine!
I would love to try the strawberry lip balm. Happy Early Birthday Sara!!!!
Happy Birthday Sara! I have definitely been wanting for one of those mason jars! They are so cute!
Happy Birthday Sara!
My most played song these days is anything from the Frozen soundtrack because my oldest LOVES it and it keeps my twins happy too.
Oh, in the quiet moment that I am reading this after just putting all eight of the little ones down, I would so have to selfishly pick the chocolate coconut! What great choices! Happy Happy Birthday to Sara!!!
That lotion sounds divine!
Live the Mason jars.
I want the nail polish the most! Love it!
The item I want most in this birthday giveaway is the aquastone earrings!
It all sounds delightful, but the Bath and Body Works products are especially appealing.
I love all of it, but I especially love the earrings!
Comments are closed.