So can we talk about Sara’s birthday? It’s coming up, but it’s not for another couple of weeks. I’ve been collecting items for a little birthday box for a few months now and I thought it would be fun to do a little twist on our favorite things and that I would send some of my birthday picks for Sara to one of you!
1. Mason Jar Mug. I love these mugs! They’re cute and stylish and durable and easy to clean and they fit in your dishwasher. I love putting little trinkets, gift cards, etc. in mugs like this and giving them to friends and my kids’ teachers.
2. $15 iTunes Gift Card. Whether you’re buying apps or music or games or movies. it’s pretty hard to go wrong with an iTunes gift card. Unless you absolutely hate Apple, then you’re just kind of out of luck.
I generally don’t pick music for other people because it’s so personal. And. I was gonna tell you guys what my top 5 most listened to songs were, like that would be useful or something, but my list ended up being a nice mix of embarrassing and kid-centric (think Daft Punk meets “What Does the Fox Say?” meets “We Saw Three Ships.” Yes. The Christmas song. Not even my favorite Christmas song. What the heck?!) So we’re gonna leave it at that, but if you guys wanna talk folsky rock with the occasional pop song, you know where to find me.
3. Hello Kitty BandAids. Because she cuts herself (on accident) a lot and even grown-ups deserve cute adhesive bandages.
4. Zapp’s Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips. Sara loves chips, Sara loves salt and vinegar, I live in Louisiana, so I kind of had to send her a bag of Louisiana-made salt and vinegar kettle chips. I had to.
5. Essie Fashion Playground Nail Polish. In case you didn’t know, Sara has a color–it’s kind of a light blue-green. This nail polish is super pretty and a tiny bit sparkly, perfect for summer!
6. Aqua Stone Earrings from Lisa Leonard. If you’ve never checked out her website, you should–I have gotten some of my favorite jewelry and favorite gifts from her shop. These earrings were so pretty and versatile–you can definitely dress them up or down. Plus, they’re “the color.”
7. Nourish Organic Lavender Mint Body Lotion. I first discovered this lotion when I was shopping for a friend on bedrest and looking for something nicer and fancier than your average drugstore lotion, something that smelled good but wasn’t overwhelming, and something that actually worked. This was the one and now, I snag a bottle at Target (when I can find it!) because it makes a perfect gift. Even if it’s a gift for me.
8. Bath & Body Works Lanikai Coconut Candle. You didn’t think we were going to make it through this without a Bath and Body Works candle, right?! For me, coconut scents are kind of weird. Sometimes, they’re mixed with musky scents, and I’m not a huge fan of that. This one smells kind of funky when it’s cold, but once you start burning it, it smells like coconut-scented sunblock. It’s the one I cannot stop burning–so delicious!
9. Bath & Body Works Strawberry Lip Butter. The peach is also pretty delicious–hard to go wrong there. This lip gloss is healing and thick, but it’s not sticky. Plus, it tastes like my Strawberry Shortcake dolls smelled when I was a kid, so how could I not include it?
10. Lindt Milk Chocolate Truffles with Coconut. You guys…there’s just not a whole lot to say here. And I’m generally not a huge fan of chocolate coconut candy. But these won me over. And when I say “won,” I mean that if I look at them too hard in the store, I’ll fall under their spell and then I’ll find empty wrappers and I won’t know what happened. They’re dangerous and amazing all at once.
So. That’s it! Happy birthday (soon!), Sara! To enter to win EVERYTHING in the box, leave a comment saying what you want most in the box! Or what your most-played song is, just so I feel better about myself. The giveaway ends at 10:00 pm Tuesday, April 15 and I’ll announce the winner on April 16th. The winner must have a residence in the United States (it’s the law, not us being jerkfaces.) Ready?! Go!
ALSO. If you missed it yesterday, our olive oil is on sale to make room for some fun new flavors that we’re SO excited about! Use the code EXTRAVIRGIN to get a large bottle of our extra virgin olive oil plus one of our flavored oils (lemon, basil, or garlic) for $25!
Thank you so much for all your comments! This giveaway is now closed.
I love BBW candles! 🙂 Also, that Essie nail Polish is adorable!
I can’t pick just one!! Lindt truffles and the lip butter are the two things I’d like the most, but what an awesome conglomeration of surprises!
Definitely the earrings!! They’re perfect for spring!
My most played song in my music library is Kelly Clarkson, My Life Would Suck Without You. So, yeah, kind of embarrassing. BUT, it is my workout power song, so maybe it isn’t a bad thing? Happy Birthday, Sara!!
The coconut candle has to smell amazing. Great picks.
The mug!!! I’m just getting new patio and porch furniture and decor and would love to add it to my summer collection for BBQing 🙂
Chocolate always wins, but right now my lips are sore from being outside in the sun and wind.
Happy Birthday!! Id love to have a mason jar cup. Too cute! Thank you!
I think I need to try those truffles:)
The lotion, candle, and chocolate sound amazing!
I love the mason jar!
I would love the lotion but the coconut chocolate follows a close second.
You had me at “smells like Strawberry Shortcake”!
The candle sounds wonderful!!
It’s a toss up between the chips and the lotion. Both are my favorite brands thanks
I so want it all, but I would love to try that lotion. I’ve been in the market for that very item! Happy Birthday Sara!!
That mason jar is so cute!chocolate is always great too!
I’m drooling over the coconut truffles!! Yum!
I love all of these items, but the colors of the nail polish and earrings really make me feel like spring is in the air! So now I can go out with my sundress that matches these colors, sit outside with some snacks and drink, listen to Happy by Pharell Williams, and be prepared to bandage myself when I fall down from dancing and being a klutz, haha. Happy Birthday Sara, and happy spring to all!
The truffles for sure- they look amazing!
I need those earrings!!! Love them! But they go perfectly with the coconut chocolates! Mmm!
Happy birthday! I love those earrings or the nail polish… Maybe the lotion haha ! It all looks great
P.S. I am a bit sheepish to confess that “Gangsta’s Paradise” is one of my favorite songs. I know. But, there it is.
I would love to try the salt and vinegar chips! I’ve never seen that brand before!
So very sweet! Happy Birthday to Sara!
Of all the things on the list, the coconut truffles sound the best! Perfect treat to share with my little man 🙂
I would LOVE the mug, through which I would drink ice-cold lemonade; the awesome organic lotion which I would slather all over myself (tmi?) and also the nail polish(my daughter told me to put that…she’s the nail-polish fiend.) 🙂 I also wouldn’t mind running into Sara at the local Winco to give her a non-stalker hug and thank her for all the recipes she and Kate have put out there. When I first read the Our Best Bites cookbook, I was super-excited; it was like someone with my brain (or same cravings, anyway) put together a cook-book! (I would also non-stalker hug Kate too – but she lives too far away!) You ladies are awesome! Thanks for all you do!
I really want to try the truffles. I love coconut and chocolate.
Pretty earrings, great color too. Happy Birthday Sara!
The Hello Kitty band aids would be used like in 10 minutes flat and every imaginable ouch would have to be covered. They would be my 3 girls favorite but I like the earrings and the lotion and the lip stuff…all are my favorite things!
My song is “good morning” by Mandisa. Love it!
Comments are closed.