So can we talk about Sara’s birthday? It’s coming up, but it’s not for another couple of weeks. I’ve been collecting items for a little birthday box for a few months now and I thought it would be fun to do a little twist on our favorite things and that I would send some of my birthday picks for Sara to one of you!
1. Mason Jar Mug. I love these mugs! They’re cute and stylish and durable and easy to clean and they fit in your dishwasher. I love putting little trinkets, gift cards, etc. in mugs like this and giving them to friends and my kids’ teachers.
2. $15 iTunes Gift Card. Whether you’re buying apps or music or games or movies. it’s pretty hard to go wrong with an iTunes gift card. Unless you absolutely hate Apple, then you’re just kind of out of luck.
I generally don’t pick music for other people because it’s so personal. And. I was gonna tell you guys what my top 5 most listened to songs were, like that would be useful or something, but my list ended up being a nice mix of embarrassing and kid-centric (think Daft Punk meets “What Does the Fox Say?” meets “We Saw Three Ships.” Yes. The Christmas song. Not even my favorite Christmas song. What the heck?!) So we’re gonna leave it at that, but if you guys wanna talk folsky rock with the occasional pop song, you know where to find me.
3. Hello Kitty BandAids. Because she cuts herself (on accident) a lot and even grown-ups deserve cute adhesive bandages.
4. Zapp’s Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips. Sara loves chips, Sara loves salt and vinegar, I live in Louisiana, so I kind of had to send her a bag of Louisiana-made salt and vinegar kettle chips. I had to.
5. Essie Fashion Playground Nail Polish. In case you didn’t know, Sara has a color–it’s kind of a light blue-green. This nail polish is super pretty and a tiny bit sparkly, perfect for summer!
6. Aqua Stone Earrings from Lisa Leonard. If you’ve never checked out her website, you should–I have gotten some of my favorite jewelry and favorite gifts from her shop. These earrings were so pretty and versatile–you can definitely dress them up or down. Plus, they’re “the color.”
7. Nourish Organic Lavender Mint Body Lotion. I first discovered this lotion when I was shopping for a friend on bedrest and looking for something nicer and fancier than your average drugstore lotion, something that smelled good but wasn’t overwhelming, and something that actually worked. This was the one and now, I snag a bottle at Target (when I can find it!) because it makes a perfect gift. Even if it’s a gift for me.
8. Bath & Body Works Lanikai Coconut Candle. You didn’t think we were going to make it through this without a Bath and Body Works candle, right?! For me, coconut scents are kind of weird. Sometimes, they’re mixed with musky scents, and I’m not a huge fan of that. This one smells kind of funky when it’s cold, but once you start burning it, it smells like coconut-scented sunblock. It’s the one I cannot stop burning–so delicious!
9. Bath & Body Works Strawberry Lip Butter. The peach is also pretty delicious–hard to go wrong there. This lip gloss is healing and thick, but it’s not sticky. Plus, it tastes like my Strawberry Shortcake dolls smelled when I was a kid, so how could I not include it?
10. Lindt Milk Chocolate Truffles with Coconut. You guys…there’s just not a whole lot to say here. And I’m generally not a huge fan of chocolate coconut candy. But these won me over. And when I say “won,” I mean that if I look at them too hard in the store, I’ll fall under their spell and then I’ll find empty wrappers and I won’t know what happened. They’re dangerous and amazing all at once.
So. That’s it! Happy birthday (soon!), Sara! To enter to win EVERYTHING in the box, leave a comment saying what you want most in the box! Or what your most-played song is, just so I feel better about myself. The giveaway ends at 10:00 pm Tuesday, April 15 and I’ll announce the winner on April 16th. The winner must have a residence in the United States (it’s the law, not us being jerkfaces.) Ready?! Go!
ALSO. If you missed it yesterday, our olive oil is on sale to make room for some fun new flavors that we’re SO excited about! Use the code EXTRAVIRGIN to get a large bottle of our extra virgin olive oil plus one of our flavored oils (lemon, basil, or garlic) for $25!
Thank you so much for all your comments! This giveaway is now closed.
Those earrings are gorgeous!!
The aqua stone earrings are lovely!
My favorite would have to be a three way tie between the nail polish, earrings and cup (which has a super cute-colored lid and straw!). As for my most played song, I think there’s a tie between all the songs involving singing from the Frozen soundtrack, a current fave with my kids.
I think those earrings are my favorite of the bunch. I can already picture them with some of my outfits! 🙂
LOVE those aqua stone earrings. If I don’t win, my husband is getting a “hint” email!
OMGosh how awesome are YOU? What a great BD gift. I have been really wanting to try Essie polish so I guess I have to go with that. And my most played song is anything by Luke Bryan! 🙂
I love everything about this box, but especially the Essie nail polish and candle from bath and body works (and maybe also the iTunes gift card as I always like getting new running songs). Happy birthday!
The Essie nail polish!
What a fun birthday box!! I love everything you picked out…but those earrings are gorgeous! And my daughter would LOVE painting that shade of nail polish on our toes. Such fun!
I love the earrings! Oh…and Happy Birthday!
Ooooooo, I’d love to have it all, but I’d be most excited about the candle!!
I’d love the earrings, #6. They are my favorite color, and I just had my hair cut to the perfect length to wear with dangle-y earrings.
Happy Birthday Sarah! I hope it is wonderful!
The most played song on my device is Compass by Lady Antebellum.
I’d love the earrings for summer!
Oh my goodness, this looks fantastic! I’d love to try those Lindt Truffles!! And everything else, really…
Those earrings are adorable, and that nail polish is also one of my favorite colors. And I am very curious as to how that lavender mint lotion smells. This would be an amazing Birthday gift!
Love those earrings!!! Most played song right now? vampire weekend; Oxford comma.
The mason jar cup
I’ve never seen coconut Lindt truffles – they look to die for! Would love to try them, along with everything else. Happy Birthday Sara!
I have got to say, I love everything in the box. If I had to I would probably pick the iTunes gift card. I love the song Happy by Pharrell Williams. I need to find a new song before my family goes insane 🙂
Not gonna lie – I need to smell that strawberry lip butter from Bath and Body Works…I was obsessed with all things Strawberry Shortcake as a kid!!
I love the looks of the mint lavender lotion!
I’m pretty excited about the strawberry lip butter- I love those smells that bring back childhood! Oh and my most played song is “I Will” by the The Beatles ! 😉
I love the lip butter and the coconut candle. I think I may have to buy them for myself if I don’t win them. 😉
It all sounds awesome! I think though, I would want to update my playlist, Frozen soundtrack has consumed our house!
We listen (the kids put on replay…) to the Scripture Power CD. It’s s like pop rock Primary Songs. And they get stuck in your head. Forever. And ever. 🙂
Oh, those Aladdin drink jars are great! Happy Birthday, Sara!
I would LOVE to win that cute Mason Jar Mug!
I think that whole box looks great, but my very favorite would probably be the earrings. So fun for spring.
The cute mason jar mug…..gotta keep chugging the water!
Comments are closed.