So can we talk about Sara’s birthday? It’s coming up, but it’s not for another couple of weeks. I’ve been collecting items for a little birthday box for a few months now and I thought it would be fun to do a little twist on our favorite things and that I would send some of my birthday picks for Sara to one of you!
1. Mason Jar Mug. I love these mugs! They’re cute and stylish and durable and easy to clean and they fit in your dishwasher. I love putting little trinkets, gift cards, etc. in mugs like this and giving them to friends and my kids’ teachers.
2. $15 iTunes Gift Card. Whether you’re buying apps or music or games or movies. it’s pretty hard to go wrong with an iTunes gift card. Unless you absolutely hate Apple, then you’re just kind of out of luck.
I generally don’t pick music for other people because it’s so personal. And. I was gonna tell you guys what my top 5 most listened to songs were, like that would be useful or something, but my list ended up being a nice mix of embarrassing and kid-centric (think Daft Punk meets “What Does the Fox Say?” meets “We Saw Three Ships.” Yes. The Christmas song. Not even my favorite Christmas song. What the heck?!) So we’re gonna leave it at that, but if you guys wanna talk folsky rock with the occasional pop song, you know where to find me.
3. Hello Kitty BandAids. Because she cuts herself (on accident) a lot and even grown-ups deserve cute adhesive bandages.
4. Zapp’s Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips. Sara loves chips, Sara loves salt and vinegar, I live in Louisiana, so I kind of had to send her a bag of Louisiana-made salt and vinegar kettle chips. I had to.
5. Essie Fashion Playground Nail Polish. In case you didn’t know, Sara has a color–it’s kind of a light blue-green. This nail polish is super pretty and a tiny bit sparkly, perfect for summer!
6. Aqua Stone Earrings from Lisa Leonard. If you’ve never checked out her website, you should–I have gotten some of my favorite jewelry and favorite gifts from her shop. These earrings were so pretty and versatile–you can definitely dress them up or down. Plus, they’re “the color.”
7. Nourish Organic Lavender Mint Body Lotion. I first discovered this lotion when I was shopping for a friend on bedrest and looking for something nicer and fancier than your average drugstore lotion, something that smelled good but wasn’t overwhelming, and something that actually worked. This was the one and now, I snag a bottle at Target (when I can find it!) because it makes a perfect gift. Even if it’s a gift for me.
8. Bath & Body Works Lanikai Coconut Candle. You didn’t think we were going to make it through this without a Bath and Body Works candle, right?! For me, coconut scents are kind of weird. Sometimes, they’re mixed with musky scents, and I’m not a huge fan of that. This one smells kind of funky when it’s cold, but once you start burning it, it smells like coconut-scented sunblock. It’s the one I cannot stop burning–so delicious!
9. Bath & Body Works Strawberry Lip Butter. The peach is also pretty delicious–hard to go wrong there. This lip gloss is healing and thick, but it’s not sticky. Plus, it tastes like my Strawberry Shortcake dolls smelled when I was a kid, so how could I not include it?
10. Lindt Milk Chocolate Truffles with Coconut. You guys…there’s just not a whole lot to say here. And I’m generally not a huge fan of chocolate coconut candy. But these won me over. And when I say “won,” I mean that if I look at them too hard in the store, I’ll fall under their spell and then I’ll find empty wrappers and I won’t know what happened. They’re dangerous and amazing all at once.
So. That’s it! Happy birthday (soon!), Sara! To enter to win EVERYTHING in the box, leave a comment saying what you want most in the box! Or what your most-played song is, just so I feel better about myself. The giveaway ends at 10:00 pm Tuesday, April 15 and I’ll announce the winner on April 16th. The winner must have a residence in the United States (it’s the law, not us being jerkfaces.) Ready?! Go!
ALSO. If you missed it yesterday, our olive oil is on sale to make room for some fun new flavors that we’re SO excited about! Use the code EXTRAVIRGIN to get a large bottle of our extra virgin olive oil plus one of our flavored oils (lemon, basil, or garlic) for $25!
Thank you so much for all your comments! This giveaway is now closed.
The candle!! Oh how I love coconut, and candles! Perfect! 🙂
The body lotion sounds amazing!!! Super fun giveaway!!
i would definitely pick the mason jar drinking cup. I am always in search of the perfect reusable water bottle and this looks perfect! FYI…one of my favorite tunes is “What Does the Fox Say!” You have good taste in music!
Happy early birthday to Sara! Honestly, I’m loving the Lindt chocolate coconut truffles. I might not be able to wait to see if I win – I just might have to go find some of those!!! 🙂
The nail polish. It’s so pretty!
I love that color! But, but really, I want the chocolate.
Definitely the mason jar mug. I have a weird thing about only drinking through straws. I love ice cold water but hate ice touching my teeth. I am weird. 🙂
The most played song on my iTunes Gasolina by daddy Yankee. Ha!!! I am a super white girl but I teach Zumba so I guess that is why. That is definitely not my favorite genre.
I love those earrings! They look perfect to wear with Anything!
I would love to try the salt & vinegar potato chips 😀
I need that nail polish!! Love it! Thanks so much for the great ideas 🙂
My favorite thing has to be the lip butter! Happy Early Birthday!
The mason jar mug is awesome! I haven’t seen those before, but now I want to get one :-).
I would love the mason jar mug. That would be perfect to take to work!
I can’t decide between the itunes card and the nail polish. I had to have an intervention with myself that I could NOT buy any new nail polish colors, but this would be a great way to circumvent my new little rule! LOL
Anything Coconut is my vote!! And I need some candles, so that would be my pick.
Everything looks amazing, but I would love to try the lotion.
Anything Coconut is my vote!!
I would love everything in this giveaway, but the earrings are so dang cute! Love them the mostest. 🙂
Love all these things, great gifts! Especially eyeing the earrings. Fav song right now is Pop Danthology 2013. My kids and I all enjoy grooving to it!
I love the mason jar cup. Sara inspired me to lose some weight and I’m working on drinking more water along with my exercise plan. A cute cup with a straw is always fun to drink from!
What I want to win most is the Lindt Coconut Truffles! I have been inspired by Sara’s weight loss journey. I eat up every word she has written about lifting weights, exercising, and eating healthy. I bought all the snacks she suggested and I am in love with all the coconut suggestions. I am truly grateful to her for inspiring me to loose the baby weight after having twin boys. When I eat coconut I think of her. She has taught me to enjoy the journey and the food you eat along the way. Happy Birthday Sara!
Oh my goodness, it’s hard to pick just one! However, after reading your description for the candle I think I may have been convinced. I love coconut anything, so that seems like a winner right there! 🙂
I love nail polish… and that is a pretty color!
The Strawberry lip butter!
I can’t decide between the lip butter, the lotion, or the candle. I must need some pampering.
good things come in small packages….surprise me!!!!!
I would have no objections to everything in the box. And when it comes to my favorite song, I could listen to “You make my dreams come true” by Hall & Oats at least a hundred times a day!
I would LOVE that coconut candle!! Even if I don’t win, I need to up buy one!! 🙂
Happy birthday Sara! The iTunes gift card is drawing my attention since I just got a brand new ipad!
Comments are closed.