So can we talk about Sara’s birthday? It’s coming up, but it’s not for another couple of weeks. I’ve been collecting items for a little birthday box for a few months now and I thought it would be fun to do a little twist on our favorite things and that I would send some of my birthday picks for Sara to one of you!
1. Mason Jar Mug. I love these mugs! They’re cute and stylish and durable and easy to clean and they fit in your dishwasher. I love putting little trinkets, gift cards, etc. in mugs like this and giving them to friends and my kids’ teachers.
2. $15 iTunes Gift Card. Whether you’re buying apps or music or games or movies. it’s pretty hard to go wrong with an iTunes gift card. Unless you absolutely hate Apple, then you’re just kind of out of luck.
I generally don’t pick music for other people because it’s so personal. And. I was gonna tell you guys what my top 5 most listened to songs were, like that would be useful or something, but my list ended up being a nice mix of embarrassing and kid-centric (think Daft Punk meets “What Does the Fox Say?” meets “We Saw Three Ships.” Yes. The Christmas song. Not even my favorite Christmas song. What the heck?!) So we’re gonna leave it at that, but if you guys wanna talk folsky rock with the occasional pop song, you know where to find me.
3. Hello Kitty BandAids. Because she cuts herself (on accident) a lot and even grown-ups deserve cute adhesive bandages.
4. Zapp’s Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips. Sara loves chips, Sara loves salt and vinegar, I live in Louisiana, so I kind of had to send her a bag of Louisiana-made salt and vinegar kettle chips. I had to.
5. Essie Fashion Playground Nail Polish. In case you didn’t know, Sara has a color–it’s kind of a light blue-green. This nail polish is super pretty and a tiny bit sparkly, perfect for summer!
6. Aqua Stone Earrings from Lisa Leonard. If you’ve never checked out her website, you should–I have gotten some of my favorite jewelry and favorite gifts from her shop. These earrings were so pretty and versatile–you can definitely dress them up or down. Plus, they’re “the color.”
7. Nourish Organic Lavender Mint Body Lotion. I first discovered this lotion when I was shopping for a friend on bedrest and looking for something nicer and fancier than your average drugstore lotion, something that smelled good but wasn’t overwhelming, and something that actually worked. This was the one and now, I snag a bottle at Target (when I can find it!) because it makes a perfect gift. Even if it’s a gift for me.
8. Bath & Body Works Lanikai Coconut Candle. You didn’t think we were going to make it through this without a Bath and Body Works candle, right?! For me, coconut scents are kind of weird. Sometimes, they’re mixed with musky scents, and I’m not a huge fan of that. This one smells kind of funky when it’s cold, but once you start burning it, it smells like coconut-scented sunblock. It’s the one I cannot stop burning–so delicious!
9. Bath & Body Works Strawberry Lip Butter. The peach is also pretty delicious–hard to go wrong there. This lip gloss is healing and thick, but it’s not sticky. Plus, it tastes like my Strawberry Shortcake dolls smelled when I was a kid, so how could I not include it?
10. Lindt Milk Chocolate Truffles with Coconut. You guys…there’s just not a whole lot to say here. And I’m generally not a huge fan of chocolate coconut candy. But these won me over. And when I say “won,” I mean that if I look at them too hard in the store, I’ll fall under their spell and then I’ll find empty wrappers and I won’t know what happened. They’re dangerous and amazing all at once.
So. That’s it! Happy birthday (soon!), Sara! To enter to win EVERYTHING in the box, leave a comment saying what you want most in the box! Or what your most-played song is, just so I feel better about myself. The giveaway ends at 10:00 pm Tuesday, April 15 and I’ll announce the winner on April 16th. The winner must have a residence in the United States (it’s the law, not us being jerkfaces.) Ready?! Go!
ALSO. If you missed it yesterday, our olive oil is on sale to make room for some fun new flavors that we’re SO excited about! Use the code EXTRAVIRGIN to get a large bottle of our extra virgin olive oil plus one of our flavored oils (lemon, basil, or garlic) for $25!
Thank you so much for all your comments! This giveaway is now closed.
I am so excited to know that two of my favorite things have come together–Lindt Chocolate and Coconut–I am headed to Target to try and find them (and the lotion too) Happy Birthday Sara 🙂
Happy Birthday! It all looks awesome, but I’m a freak for salt and vinegar chips. I’d love to try that brand!
I’ve been eye-ing the mason jar mugs! Happy Birthday Sara!
The earrings are darling! That’s what I would want most!!!!
Chocolate truffles…yes please!
The ITunes card that I would gift to my daughter and the nail polish that I would use when I get a much needed pedi. Happy Birthday Sara!!
I am a candle fanatic! The Bath & Body Works Lanikai Coconut Candle gets me excited.
What a sweet friend you are, Kate. Sara must feel very blessed to have you in her in your life! 🙂 I would absolutely love to so this fun box of stuff! The nail polish & earrings especially have my eye but everything else sounds absolutely amazing as well. Thanks for hosting this! And a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to SARA!!!! <3
That coconut candle sounds awesome! Also, I have been loving the band The Head and the Heart– they’re folksy. Their first album is my favorite!
So many awesome things! I would love the candle or Strawberry Lip Butter.
They all look so good! I’d love to try the BBW lip balm, though. I love finding new ones!
I’d love to win the Bath and Body Works candle. I can imagine the scent now!
My birthday is coming up soon also, so just make me up a box too.
Happy Birthday! I would have to say that number 6 and 10 would be my top picks. Those earrings are awesome! Just my style. My birthday is on the 18th and I would love everything in that box. What an awesome package to get on your birthday!
I love the mason jar cup! So cute!!
I like those Lisa Leonard earnings!!!!
totally, the chocolate truffles w/ coconut!
Those chocolate coconut truffles sound insanely delicious! I pretty much just want everything 😉
itunes!!! so I listen to something other than “The Farmer in the Dell” !!!!
love chocolate, and lotions and lip stuff too!
Happy Birthday!!! I’d love to apply the Essie nail polish while noshing on the coconut truffles and listening to Katy Perry’s Unconditionally!
nothing screams birthday like chocolate 🙂
Honestly, I want the mason jar. My heart skipped a beat…(pathetic, right?). But also the chocolate truffles (with coconut? mmmm…)are calling my name! My husband and I are having a contest where we only get one treat a week for 3 MONTHS! So needless to say, the treat has to be something special. I believe those Lindt chocolates would fit the bill. Thank You! Love the blog 🙂
Ohhh that candle sounds amazing! I love the smell of suntan lotion, maybe if I burn the candle and close my eyes I can pretend I’m back in Kauai.
Happy Birthday Sara!! I really want to try the Lindt coconut truffles! I love lip butter it’s awesome for dry lips!!
I think the Lindt truffles sound amazing!
Lindt chocolates! I’ve never tried this flavor before.
I’d love the lip butter!
It’s a toss up between the itunes gift card and the Lindor chocolates. Yummm!!! 🙂
I am looking forward to the Bath & Body Works Lanikai Coconut Candle. But the candy would be great too.
Who can say no to Lindt chocolate? 🙂
Comments are closed.