So can we talk about Sara’s birthday? It’s coming up, but it’s not for another couple of weeks. I’ve been collecting items for a little birthday box for a few months now and I thought it would be fun to do a little twist on our favorite things and that I would send some of my birthday picks for Sara to one of you!
1. Mason Jar Mug. I love these mugs! They’re cute and stylish and durable and easy to clean and they fit in your dishwasher. I love putting little trinkets, gift cards, etc. in mugs like this and giving them to friends and my kids’ teachers.
2. $15 iTunes Gift Card. Whether you’re buying apps or music or games or movies. it’s pretty hard to go wrong with an iTunes gift card. Unless you absolutely hate Apple, then you’re just kind of out of luck.
I generally don’t pick music for other people because it’s so personal. And. I was gonna tell you guys what my top 5 most listened to songs were, like that would be useful or something, but my list ended up being a nice mix of embarrassing and kid-centric (think Daft Punk meets “What Does the Fox Say?” meets “We Saw Three Ships.” Yes. The Christmas song. Not even my favorite Christmas song. What the heck?!) So we’re gonna leave it at that, but if you guys wanna talk folsky rock with the occasional pop song, you know where to find me.
3. Hello Kitty BandAids. Because she cuts herself (on accident) a lot and even grown-ups deserve cute adhesive bandages.
4. Zapp’s Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips. Sara loves chips, Sara loves salt and vinegar, I live in Louisiana, so I kind of had to send her a bag of Louisiana-made salt and vinegar kettle chips. I had to.
5. Essie Fashion Playground Nail Polish. In case you didn’t know, Sara has a color–it’s kind of a light blue-green. This nail polish is super pretty and a tiny bit sparkly, perfect for summer!
6. Aqua Stone Earrings from Lisa Leonard. If you’ve never checked out her website, you should–I have gotten some of my favorite jewelry and favorite gifts from her shop. These earrings were so pretty and versatile–you can definitely dress them up or down. Plus, they’re “the color.”
7. Nourish Organic Lavender Mint Body Lotion. I first discovered this lotion when I was shopping for a friend on bedrest and looking for something nicer and fancier than your average drugstore lotion, something that smelled good but wasn’t overwhelming, and something that actually worked. This was the one and now, I snag a bottle at Target (when I can find it!) because it makes a perfect gift. Even if it’s a gift for me.
8. Bath & Body Works Lanikai Coconut Candle. You didn’t think we were going to make it through this without a Bath and Body Works candle, right?! For me, coconut scents are kind of weird. Sometimes, they’re mixed with musky scents, and I’m not a huge fan of that. This one smells kind of funky when it’s cold, but once you start burning it, it smells like coconut-scented sunblock. It’s the one I cannot stop burning–so delicious!
9. Bath & Body Works Strawberry Lip Butter. The peach is also pretty delicious–hard to go wrong there. This lip gloss is healing and thick, but it’s not sticky. Plus, it tastes like my Strawberry Shortcake dolls smelled when I was a kid, so how could I not include it?
10. Lindt Milk Chocolate Truffles with Coconut. You guys…there’s just not a whole lot to say here. And I’m generally not a huge fan of chocolate coconut candy. But these won me over. And when I say “won,” I mean that if I look at them too hard in the store, I’ll fall under their spell and then I’ll find empty wrappers and I won’t know what happened. They’re dangerous and amazing all at once.
So. That’s it! Happy birthday (soon!), Sara! To enter to win EVERYTHING in the box, leave a comment saying what you want most in the box! Or what your most-played song is, just so I feel better about myself. The giveaway ends at 10:00 pm Tuesday, April 15 and I’ll announce the winner on April 16th. The winner must have a residence in the United States (it’s the law, not us being jerkfaces.) Ready?! Go!
ALSO. If you missed it yesterday, our olive oil is on sale to make room for some fun new flavors that we’re SO excited about! Use the code EXTRAVIRGIN to get a large bottle of our extra virgin olive oil plus one of our flavored oils (lemon, basil, or garlic) for $25!
Thank you so much for all your comments! This giveaway is now closed.
The earrings are gorgeous!!
I love all if it. But most if all I love the mason jar. I’m originally from louisiana but recently moved to California so mason jar glasses reminds me of home 🙂
The truffles! What girls birthday is complete without chocolate!
Oh my goodness! The milk chocolate coconut lindor balls look and sound heavenly!!! Happy Birthday to Sara!! Hope you have a wonderful day!! Thanks to you both for inspiring me in all that you do!!
I have a two year old boy, and the most played song is hakuna matata. We seriously listen to it 10 times a day! Love everything in this birthday box!!
Those earrings are amazing! Also, I’m loving the Plain White T’s The Giving Tree on iTunes!
Lindor coconut truffles–look amazing and I’m yet to try them!
The nail polish – such a pretty color!
Currently, my most played song is Poison and Wine by The Civil Wars. I love their new CD, too. But I have also been listening to Third Eye Blind because it makes me think of summer.
Aqua Stone earrings!!
My Visiting Teacher gave me a package of Coconut truffles – I don’t know if I should love her or curse her – they are addictive! HAPPY by Pharrell
You are a wonderful friend to Sara! What a great idea! Thanks!
Oops! I loved the lotion
I think I would be most into the lip balm.
The CHIPS!! I love chips and have never heard of or seen this kind! I can almost taste them looking at this picture!
I would love to win the aqua stone earrings! Happy Birthday Sara!
Yum…..I want to try the lip gloss!
My favorite thing is that gorgeous pair of earrings! Also that candle sounds amazing.
And for the record, I could listen to Pompeii by Bastille on repeat for an hour right now 🙂
Lindor balls, no question!
Fun stuff! I am loving the Pharrell Williams Happy song for obvious an obvious reason – it just makes me happy when I hear it.
I-tunes gift card or chocolate would be lovely
What a fun gift! I think the earrings would be my favorite- I’ve always wanted something from Lisa Leonard and I love the color!
Truffles! I’ve never tried the coconut ones; sounds tempting!
Those chocolate coconut truffles! Yum!
The earrings and nail polish since my favorite color is green and my name is Sarah. Happy Birthday Sara! 🙂
I would love the nail polish or earrings! The most played songs at our house is anything Frozen.
the fresh picked lip butter looks awesome. happy birthday sara!
I would love the lotion! I have been looking for something that has a subtle scent and that actually works Happy birthday Sara!
I love that color of Essie nail polish. It screams spring so it makes me happy!
Everything looks positively fantastic! I think I’d be excited about the lotion and lip butter most. I need some pampering, with our Spring Break being this coming week, I’ll have all 4 of my kids home at once ALL DAY!
Happy Birthday Sara! I love the Essie color!
Comments are closed.