So can we talk about Sara’s birthday? It’s coming up, but it’s not for another couple of weeks. I’ve been collecting items for a little birthday box for a few months now and I thought it would be fun to do a little twist on our favorite things and that I would send some of my birthday picks for Sara to one of you!
1. Mason Jar Mug. I love these mugs! They’re cute and stylish and durable and easy to clean and they fit in your dishwasher. I love putting little trinkets, gift cards, etc. in mugs like this and giving them to friends and my kids’ teachers.
2. $15 iTunes Gift Card. Whether you’re buying apps or music or games or movies. it’s pretty hard to go wrong with an iTunes gift card. Unless you absolutely hate Apple, then you’re just kind of out of luck.
I generally don’t pick music for other people because it’s so personal. And. I was gonna tell you guys what my top 5 most listened to songs were, like that would be useful or something, but my list ended up being a nice mix of embarrassing and kid-centric (think Daft Punk meets “What Does the Fox Say?” meets “We Saw Three Ships.” Yes. The Christmas song. Not even my favorite Christmas song. What the heck?!) So we’re gonna leave it at that, but if you guys wanna talk folsky rock with the occasional pop song, you know where to find me.
3. Hello Kitty BandAids. Because she cuts herself (on accident) a lot and even grown-ups deserve cute adhesive bandages.
4. Zapp’s Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips. Sara loves chips, Sara loves salt and vinegar, I live in Louisiana, so I kind of had to send her a bag of Louisiana-made salt and vinegar kettle chips. I had to.
5. Essie Fashion Playground Nail Polish. In case you didn’t know, Sara has a color–it’s kind of a light blue-green. This nail polish is super pretty and a tiny bit sparkly, perfect for summer!
6. Aqua Stone Earrings from Lisa Leonard. If you’ve never checked out her website, you should–I have gotten some of my favorite jewelry and favorite gifts from her shop. These earrings were so pretty and versatile–you can definitely dress them up or down. Plus, they’re “the color.”
7. Nourish Organic Lavender Mint Body Lotion. I first discovered this lotion when I was shopping for a friend on bedrest and looking for something nicer and fancier than your average drugstore lotion, something that smelled good but wasn’t overwhelming, and something that actually worked. This was the one and now, I snag a bottle at Target (when I can find it!) because it makes a perfect gift. Even if it’s a gift for me.
8. Bath & Body Works Lanikai Coconut Candle. You didn’t think we were going to make it through this without a Bath and Body Works candle, right?! For me, coconut scents are kind of weird. Sometimes, they’re mixed with musky scents, and I’m not a huge fan of that. This one smells kind of funky when it’s cold, but once you start burning it, it smells like coconut-scented sunblock. It’s the one I cannot stop burning–so delicious!
9. Bath & Body Works Strawberry Lip Butter. The peach is also pretty delicious–hard to go wrong there. This lip gloss is healing and thick, but it’s not sticky. Plus, it tastes like my Strawberry Shortcake dolls smelled when I was a kid, so how could I not include it?
10. Lindt Milk Chocolate Truffles with Coconut. You guys…there’s just not a whole lot to say here. And I’m generally not a huge fan of chocolate coconut candy. But these won me over. And when I say “won,” I mean that if I look at them too hard in the store, I’ll fall under their spell and then I’ll find empty wrappers and I won’t know what happened. They’re dangerous and amazing all at once.
So. That’s it! Happy birthday (soon!), Sara! To enter to win EVERYTHING in the box, leave a comment saying what you want most in the box! Or what your most-played song is, just so I feel better about myself. The giveaway ends at 10:00 pm Tuesday, April 15 and I’ll announce the winner on April 16th. The winner must have a residence in the United States (it’s the law, not us being jerkfaces.) Ready?! Go!
ALSO. If you missed it yesterday, our olive oil is on sale to make room for some fun new flavors that we’re SO excited about! Use the code EXTRAVIRGIN to get a large bottle of our extra virgin olive oil plus one of our flavored oils (lemon, basil, or garlic) for $25!
Thank you so much for all your comments! This giveaway is now closed.
What a fun box! Those earings are pretty gorgeous (but I don’t have pierced ears!)
Such a fun mix of things for cute Sara. The earrings are adorable, the chocolate looks yummy and the mug would be fun. They all look wonderful!!
I like it all, but I really love the earnings from lisa leonard.
Can’t decide what I would want more the mason jar cup or the coconut chocolates. I just can’t get enough coconut recently!
It’s almost my birthday as well! I would love to win. I love the fingernail polish, earrings, and lip butter!! Wahooo
Hard to pick a favorite…but the earrings! What a fun basket! And…My birthday is on April 16 😉
Most played song… Golden by Lady Antebellum
I love so many thing here. The thing I would like to try the most is the body lotion.
The Organic Lavender Mint body lotion!
The strawberry lip gloss!
The salt and vinegar chips sound amazing! And the lip butter sounds wonderful!
The coconut chocolates or the coconut candle! There’s a theme here…
I really can’t decide, everything looks so fun! Love the earrings and nail polish though!
I would love those earrings in my collection!! And new music is always fun.
I would love to try that Essie nail polish, but seriously, I want it ALL!
Get out at the color of that essie polish! Gorgeous!
Definitely the itunes gift card. I just got my first iphone (and first apple product) a month ago and I’m dying to make more use of it. That money would come in handy.
love the lindt truffles!
Love the mug! What a fun giveaway!
I would probably eat the entire bag of salt & vinegar chips…because that’s how I roll lately :).
The song I’ve been playng most lately is “Can’t Stop” by One Republic. My husband just rolls his eyes, haha. Great giveaway! **fingers crossed**
I love Essie nail polish! That color is fantastic! Everything is awesome, though!!
I would love the lindt chocolate with truffles. They sound so yummy!
the lotion looks really nice for my wife.
the lindt chocolate. yummm
I would feel so special wearing the earrings and that beautiful nail polish.
It all looks like more fun than I have had in a while…”The Long Day is Over” by Norah Jones. Been a fave since my college days. Perfect moody song to unwind to 🙂
I gave up chocolate for lent. I will need a chocolate fix, so the chocolate truffles are looking pretty good.
The nail polish. I love that color!
The candle, HANDS DOWN, is the best in my opinion. Being a college student, I have to live with 5 other people, and some of them have poor hygiene, leaving me in desperate need of a candle or some other sort of redeeming scent in my apartment.
Comments are closed.