So can we talk about Sara’s birthday? It’s coming up, but it’s not for another couple of weeks. I’ve been collecting items for a little birthday box for a few months now and I thought it would be fun to do a little twist on our favorite things and that I would send some of my birthday picks for Sara to one of you!
1. Mason Jar Mug. I love these mugs! They’re cute and stylish and durable and easy to clean and they fit in your dishwasher. I love putting little trinkets, gift cards, etc. in mugs like this and giving them to friends and my kids’ teachers.
2. $15 iTunes Gift Card. Whether you’re buying apps or music or games or movies. it’s pretty hard to go wrong with an iTunes gift card. Unless you absolutely hate Apple, then you’re just kind of out of luck.
I generally don’t pick music for other people because it’s so personal. And. I was gonna tell you guys what my top 5 most listened to songs were, like that would be useful or something, but my list ended up being a nice mix of embarrassing and kid-centric (think Daft Punk meets “What Does the Fox Say?” meets “We Saw Three Ships.” Yes. The Christmas song. Not even my favorite Christmas song. What the heck?!) So we’re gonna leave it at that, but if you guys wanna talk folsky rock with the occasional pop song, you know where to find me.
3. Hello Kitty BandAids. Because she cuts herself (on accident) a lot and even grown-ups deserve cute adhesive bandages.
4. Zapp’s Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips. Sara loves chips, Sara loves salt and vinegar, I live in Louisiana, so I kind of had to send her a bag of Louisiana-made salt and vinegar kettle chips. I had to.
5. Essie Fashion Playground Nail Polish. In case you didn’t know, Sara has a color–it’s kind of a light blue-green. This nail polish is super pretty and a tiny bit sparkly, perfect for summer!
6. Aqua Stone Earrings from Lisa Leonard. If you’ve never checked out her website, you should–I have gotten some of my favorite jewelry and favorite gifts from her shop. These earrings were so pretty and versatile–you can definitely dress them up or down. Plus, they’re “the color.”
7. Nourish Organic Lavender Mint Body Lotion. I first discovered this lotion when I was shopping for a friend on bedrest and looking for something nicer and fancier than your average drugstore lotion, something that smelled good but wasn’t overwhelming, and something that actually worked. This was the one and now, I snag a bottle at Target (when I can find it!) because it makes a perfect gift. Even if it’s a gift for me.
8. Bath & Body Works Lanikai Coconut Candle. You didn’t think we were going to make it through this without a Bath and Body Works candle, right?! For me, coconut scents are kind of weird. Sometimes, they’re mixed with musky scents, and I’m not a huge fan of that. This one smells kind of funky when it’s cold, but once you start burning it, it smells like coconut-scented sunblock. It’s the one I cannot stop burning–so delicious!
9. Bath & Body Works Strawberry Lip Butter. The peach is also pretty delicious–hard to go wrong there. This lip gloss is healing and thick, but it’s not sticky. Plus, it tastes like my Strawberry Shortcake dolls smelled when I was a kid, so how could I not include it?
10. Lindt Milk Chocolate Truffles with Coconut. You guys…there’s just not a whole lot to say here. And I’m generally not a huge fan of chocolate coconut candy. But these won me over. And when I say “won,” I mean that if I look at them too hard in the store, I’ll fall under their spell and then I’ll find empty wrappers and I won’t know what happened. They’re dangerous and amazing all at once.
So. That’s it! Happy birthday (soon!), Sara! To enter to win EVERYTHING in the box, leave a comment saying what you want most in the box! Or what your most-played song is, just so I feel better about myself. The giveaway ends at 10:00 pm Tuesday, April 15 and I’ll announce the winner on April 16th. The winner must have a residence in the United States (it’s the law, not us being jerkfaces.) Ready?! Go!
ALSO. If you missed it yesterday, our olive oil is on sale to make room for some fun new flavors that we’re SO excited about! Use the code EXTRAVIRGIN to get a large bottle of our extra virgin olive oil plus one of our flavored oils (lemon, basil, or garlic) for $25!
Thank you so much for all your comments! This giveaway is now closed.
All of my husbands family live in Hawaii & we can’t visit nearly as often as we’d like so the candle definitely tops my list so I can imagine I’m on the beach!
I’d love to have #1. There’s just something about mason jars that really gets me. Happy Birthday Sara!!! And – I love Bruno Mars, lazy day song.
That polish! The color is perfect!
I love all of it and would be happy to get any of it. But I would probably want the strawberry lip butter the most. I have a weird chapstick/lip gloss/lipstick obsession. Its hard for me to leave a store without buying one, especially if its one I’ve never seen or read that it was good. Therefore, I have about 15 different lip things in my purse at all times. Its crazy. Any I love anything strawberry. My most played song right now is Wake Me Up by Avicii or Get Lucky by Daft Punk with Pharrell. They make me want dance which immediately lifts my mood. Although I probably look kind of crazy in my car.
It’s taking all of my will power to not run out and buy a bag of those coconut lindt chocolates! I might have to buy the nail polish to take my mind off them.
Love that mug!!! And the candle. 🙂
it’s a tie between the candle and the mason jar mug! 🙂
The nail polish. Such a great color!
The mason jar mug. I have been wanting one for forever!
I love the mint green earrings!! They are adorable and would be super awesome as a spring pick me up! Love your website and food! I check it everyday!!
Anything with coconut gets my vote!
Definitely the aqua stone earrings!
My most-played song is “Home” by Marc Brussard.
Those mason jar mugs are so cute! And chocolate, I’m in!
Our most played song is definitely “Let it Go.” My kiddos have dance parties to this song multiple times daily.
Ooo … I love Lindt truffles and I haven’t seen the coconut ones! The most played song in our house right now is “Hope’s Song” (Veggie Tales) – perfect for Easter.
I love the Hello Kitty Bandages. Being a mother of 4 boys, I love things like this that put a little bit of girl back into my life. 🙂
The lip butter sounds nice!
Happy Early Birthday Sara!! Those mason jars are the best!
i would be most excited about the earrings and nto going to lie- very excited about the hello kitty bandaids!
I would choose #9. That lip butter looks yummy!
Possibly the earrings, but it’s hard to choose just one!
It all looks amazing! I would love the water cup. Being a nursing mom, I have had my hospital mug next to me almost everyday. I would love a new cup to keep water with me that won’t spill (a cute one too) =)
What a fun birthday box! I like the earrings the most 🙂 Hard to choose because they’re all such fun ideas. Happy early birthday Sara!
The truffles! Or the lip butter. Or the Band-Aids… 🙂
The coconut Lindt truffles. Hands down. Coconut AND Lindor? Yes, please.
Love those Aqua Stone Earrings! I will be visiting her website soon!
I love Lindt chocolate and I bet it is fantastic with coconut!! I hope I win! You have such fun stuff in there.
What fun stuff! I’ve got my eye on those Lindor Balls! 🙂
Comments are closed.