We’re at that time in winter where things feel like they’re dragging on (and on and onnnnn) and it feels like spring might never come (even though realistically, it’s only a couple of weeks away). If you’re prone to the winter blues, they’ve probably settled in and you might be longing for warmer weather and if not that, a little pick-me-up.
Not saying that shopping solves all your problems, but sometimes taking a minute to treat yo self can do a world of good. Today, I’ve got some of my favorite things that have gotten me through this winter!
- These large bowls are part of a new line from Amazon and they’re so cute. These aren’t LARGE large…like these aren’t mixing bowls. But they’re perfect for cereal or soup or a side salad or a really large bowl of ice cream.
- Prismacolor Colored Pencils. Growing up, my stepmom was an artist and she had a very large, very nice set of these colored pencils. When it came to projects that involved coloring, these were the holy grail and had to be treated with the utmost sacredness. While I’m definitely not an artist, I have a set of these and I still love them just as much!
- Between this It’s a 10 Hair Mask and Living Proof No Frizz shampoo and conditioner, my hair game has completely changed. While the frizz shampoo is specific to my needs and me, the hair mask can be used by virtually any hair type and it changes everything. Both are expensive, but both can be used sparingly and will last a long, long time.
- Okay, so this Docking Station isn’t necessarily FOR YOU, but I love having a central place for everyone to plug their devices into at night (and they’re in for the night–I got an old-school alarm clock and their devices get “checked in” in the evening so we can spend some quality time together and the kids get some guaranteed screen-free time. It was a fight at first, but now it’s so worth it and it has helped ALL of us!
- I saw these Fiestaware’s Instagram on Fiestaware’s Instagram last month and I knew I needed one (or three, as you can see in this post.) They’re so cute and surprisingly versatile! Check out the Fiesta website for a wider selection and better prices (and their shipping is free and FAST!)
- I’ve made no secret that this The Head and the Heart album is one of my all-time favorites, so if you love “Rivers and Roads” the same way that I do, having it on vinyl makes it even more special.
- This NYX Butter Gloss is my new favorite lip gloss! And it’s under $5 at Target. One tip for finding a really pretty natural-looking lip color is to pick the shade of this gloss one shade darker than your natural lip color (for me, it’s the one I linked to…you might need to check it out in person to see what the colors really look like.)
- This Rodan + Fields Lash Boost is DEFINITELY a splurge. In fact, if you’d told me a year ago that I would spend that on something for my eyelashes, I would have laughed at you. Then I had a really stressful year, to the point where my hair (and eyelashes) were falling out, so I tried this and it works. When you use it correctly (one swipe on one eye, dip it again, swipe it on the other eye–I was stingy at first because it was so expensive and it just made my eyelashes grow in kind of wonky), it’s like eyelash extensions. It also lasts quite awhile, so while it feels like a lot up front, it will likely last you at least 4 months, maybe closer to 6. Also, when you get your lashes where you want them, you can just use it every couple of nights instead of every night.
I hope that gives you some ideas for things to help you get through this last little winter slump before spring comes!
Medium Fiestaware Heart Bowl (check out for a wider selection and better prices)