I don’t know about you guys, but summer is wonderful and crazy busy and also so very hot that by the time dinner rolls around, I basically want to sit in a bathtub filled with ice water and hide from my children. Since that’s not a logistical possibility most of the time, here are some quick and easy dinner ideas to help make busy, hot summer nights go smoothly!
- Mango Quinoa Salad. This is one of our oldest (and one of my most favorite!) recipes on the blog. I love having a stash of it in the refrigerator for a quick lunch and even though it’s meatless, the quinoa packs a decent protein punch. You can always add rotisserie chicken or grilled chicken, steak, or shrimp if you’d like.
- Spicy Turkey Lettuce Wraps. This is my go-to meal when I’m trying to eat healthier and pack veggies and lean protein into my diet, but it’s also great for busy, hot summer nights. It does involve cooking, but just the stovetop, and it’s not served hot.
- Kalua Pork Sliders with Pineapple Mango Slaw. Slow cookers are a great way to cook and not heat up your house, and this kalua pork couldn’t be easier. It’s topped with fresh, refreshing pineapple-mango coleslaw and is perfect for entertaining or dinner at home.
- Orange Sesame Asian Chicken Salad. Loaded with fresh fruits and veggies and all sorts of textures, this is one of my favorite salads on the blog. You can use rotisserie chicken so you never have to turn on the stove.
- These Peach Bacon Sandwiches are a fun way to mix up the BLT game. And if you haven’t discovered pre-cooked bacon at Sam’s Club or Costco, it will change your life!
Hope that gives you some inspiration and that you have a fun, safe, happy weekend!
These look awesome! My husband is fanatical about not wanting to use the oven, or even the stove too much, when it’s hot outside. We’re always looking for new ideas!
Yum! The turkey lettuce wraps are so good! Thanks for this refreshing and inspiring roundup for ideas of summer meals!
Great Post! Thanks for these great recipes for the summer!