Posted in Kate, Mocktails

That’s right. Your eyes are not deceiving you. The word “strawberry” is in the title.  Sorry, guys. I may have some kind of sick obsession. No, really, I was planning on posting a Jamaican Jerk pork tenderloin today, but in the last few days, my children have each had sinus infections, double ear infections, and pinkeye. I’m woefully behind on laundry because I did something stupid I got a puppy. And she’s really cute even if her breath smells like she ate her own poo (because, let’s face it, she probably did). And then, on this day of days when I was going to make my Jamaican Jerk Pork Tenderloin and catch up on laundry and participate in a fun-yet-enriching activity with my children, I woke up with a burning sore throat. A throbbing head. A stupid fever. Pain in my ears. And I kid you not, the pharmacy was out of antibiotics. So instead of nipping things in the bud like I had planned, things got really bad by the time we found a pharmacy with Z Packs and by the time my husband could go get it for me. My kids screamed at each other in the tub for an hour while I lay on the floor outside the bathroom and willed my fairy godmother to come put them to bed for me (because my husband was tracking down my antibiotics before the pharmacy closed, not because he’s a big jerk). I got good and drugged up and now you get to see what I drink (besides NyQuil) when I’m sick. And hey, let’s face it, when I’m not sick, too (the limeade, not the NyQuil).

You’ll need Strawberry Sauce (make it with vanilla), fresh limes, lots of ice, and Sprite. I told you this was rocket science. But I just found a ticket stub from Tron, which I saw in January, in pants that have no pockets, in pants that I didn’t even have in January. So this is the kind of crazy we’re dealing with. I don’t think I’m capable of anything more than this tonight.

Fill the cup with ice. Squeeze the juice of one lime over the ice.

This is where it gets hard. Fill the glass halfway full with Sprite.

Then add about 3-4 tablespoons of strawberry sauce. This will largely be to taste and also how frothy your strawberry sauce is (the frothier it is, the more you’ll need).

Fill the glass to the top with Sprite. Stir it up with a straw (or don’t if you like the pretty red swirls). Add another lime slice or two and enjoy!Please don’t judge me. :)

** Who will be at BYU’s Women’s Conference this week?**
Make sure to stop into the BYU Bookstore tomorrow (Thursday 4/28) from 1:30-3:30 to see Sara!  Even if you don’t have a book with you, swing through and say hello!  She’ll also be at the U Village Deseret Book Store from 5-7 pm tomorrow night.  That’s the store right next to the University Mall, near Costco.  It’s a big, beautiful store, so swing by to say hi and stick around to do some shopping while you’re there!

I LOVE strawberry and lime together. I can’t wait for summer so I can try this!

Jaime says:

OH MY GOSH!!! That sounds so extraordinarily delicious!! I’d love for you to come link it up tomorrow to Wow Me Wednesday!!

Alix says:

This is when I think a nanny would come in handy. I hope you feel better soon Kate. Love the idea for this drink. A bonus for me is living in Queensland, I get fresh juicy strawberries in winter with season starting soon.

Anna from Noria Jewelry says:

Your pocketless pants comment made me chuckle :) but in all seriousness, I hope you and the kids get better soon! That limeade does look tasty and, yes, I’d say you can call this a recipe. ((hug))

This looks so refreshing! Just in time for the warmer days that are *just about here* in Boston. Thanks for the great and delicious idea. :) Feel better soon!

Cara says:

I just made this strawberry sauce a few days ago and I’ve got limes! Great way to make it through Wednesday!

Ashley says:

Hee, must be fate…I JUST made the strawberry sauce! :-)

I hope you feel better SOON! Take care of yourself and those kiddos.

Looks so refreshing! I tried your sopapilla recipe last night, it was a huge hit in our house! So simple and quick when you want dessert, and we had the leftovers reheated for breakfast, YUM!!! I am so loving your cookbook!!

Linda says:

my daughter raved so much about this website that I had just had to check it out. She was right. I will be using it also. She is just to smart for me.

This sounds like a perfect drink for the summer. I will definitely be making it!

This is PERFECT for the hot days that are approaching!

SarahLynn says:

Thanks for posting this limes are on sale this week and I will be drinking this recipe up.

Kelli Davis says:

I just wanted you to know that I posted about your cookbook today on my blog. I absolutely love it!

charity says:

Oh that looks so yummy! If I had strawberries, and Ice… and limes I would make it right now. :)

Cari says:

Yeah!! Thanks to a $1 per pound sale this week I have a boatload of strawberries!! And thanks to your cookbook I now keep limes in my refrigerator at all times! The sprite I’m going to have to work on, but I may just have to swing by happy hour at Sonic today then just add this stuff to it. Thanks for the recipe and I hope you get feeling better!! The Momma should never be sick! If I lived on your street I’d totally make you some chicken soup! Excuse my unhealthy obsession with exclamation points :)

Erin A says:

This looks like it could be better than the strawberry limeades from Sonic. Seriously, I would know. I worked at one for 4 years.

So did you already know of my addiction to all varieties of lemonade and limeade before you wrote this?! Seriously, I buy the Minute Maid cherry limeade every time we go to Walmart {because that’s the only place that seems to sell it and it’s cheap – I splurge when I buy the Simply brand of raspberry lemonade ;)} and it’s always gone within 2, maybe 3, days of opening it! And this is just 10x better because it is made with Sprite and will have some fizz to it. :) Unfortunately I have no strawberry sauce on hand, i.e. strawberries are going on my grocery list RIGHT now!

That looks awesome! Now let’s see a picture of your puppy!

meredith says:

Love a new way to use limes! ANd … LoVE that little square plate you have everything displayed on, it screams out spring! If you remember where it came from, can you share, please … because I’m sure my girls would eat anything on those plates! Hope you are feeling better soon, it’s the worst to be the sick Mom!

Meredith–Thanks, girl! I’m feeling so much better today–I’m seriously so thankful for antibiotics. I got that plate at Target a few years ago, so I don’t think they carry it anymore, but I ALWAYS find cute, cheap stuff there! :)

Leslie says:

Hey Kate,
    I’m so sorry that you’re family is sick. That is the hardest when you’re mom. I know! Honestly, before I read about that, my mouth was watering over your pictures. One of my favorite flavors is lime, and I have stawberries I need to use too! Thanks for this easy recipe. I love new drink ideas!!! Get well soon! (hugs)!

Melissa says:

I made this for easter!!!! I love the sonic ones. Me and my sister are addicted to them we get thin every time we are out. AMAZING!!!!
    Seriously Gorgeous for easter:)

Dezi A says:

Yum! Can’t wait to try this!
    And I can’t stop laughing about “her breath smells like she just ate her own poo”. Haha! I need to point that out to my boys and husband who have all started begging for a dog.

Ashley Burroughs says:

You know you people that say yum and yummy really need to be banned from all sites, those two words are the most sickening words in English language today. Grow up your pathetic…

Ang says:

Ok, the ONLY problem I have with the strawberry recipes is that they don’t come on here until June! The grocery store imports are getting cheaper, but the quality still isn’t there. :( Just another month, tho, and I will be all over this…

Thesha says:

No judgement here, we know what its like to be sick and this drink looks amazing so why would you not want to drink it all of the time! I can’t wait to try this.

Jasmin says:

Sounds GREAT! I’m sick too, with strep throat and all the other symptoms you described. And I AM going to blame it on getting a puppy, which we did.

Rachel Loud says:

oh kate I hope you feel better soon!!! I wish I was going to be able to go to the book signing tomorrow- I go to BYU so you’d think I could manage it, but unfortunately I know how you are feeling and will probbly be stuck in bed. but no with pink eye, I’m so sorry you got EVERYTHING!! Get better soon! and this recipe is amazing!

Amy says:

That sounds so delicious! I just got a look at your cookbook (got it from the library) and I’m so impressed. I love all the tutorials and that EVERY recipe has a fabulous picture. I made a LONG list of all the ones I want to try and the strawberry sauce is one of them. I’m going to have to put the cookbook on my wish list – the only thing that I think would have made it better is nutrition information, but then again, maybe I don’t want to know for some of the recipes :)

~B. says:

Oh my yumminess!!! My mouth is seriously watering!

Michelle says:

Ooooh! This looks so nummy… and I have all the ingredients!! Yeah!

Jeanne says:

Yummy! We made these this afternoon (you know, because we had all the ingredients leftover from making your yummy strawberry lemonade)! I love being able to customize for each person’s tastes. Thanks for always having such yummy ideas!

Rachel Irene says:

Sounds delicious!!!

Aimee says:

It sounds delicious!

amy k says:

oh, this sounds so yummy!!! Can’t wait to try it!

What am I supposed to do with these great recipes you all post… AFTER you published the BEST cookbook! My beautiful cookbook is gonna be full of paper printed recipes, b/c I LOVE everything you guys cook up!!! LOL!!

Summer is on its way… at least in a glass!

Rachel says:

I’m so bummed that I’m leaving Provo tomorrow morning! The one time I’m not on campus. Bummer! This looks delicious though!

Holly W says:

I hope you get feeling better soon. How awful to be so sick. I think a fairy godmother is just what you needed! I just happen to have your strawberry sauce in my fridge and my husband is bringing home Sprite and limes as I type. Since we always drink milk or water at our house, my kids will think I’m amazing – thanks to you!

Lindsie Hill says:

I.LOVE.THIS.BLOG.LOVE.LOVE.LOVE.
    and this is why. and i hope you feel better. :)

Brooke says:

Okay, yum! This may be a really stupid question, but why do you use vanilla in the strawberry sauce instead of almond extract? Is it to make it sweeter? I may be really uneducated, but I’m just wondering. Thanks!

Alyssa says:

Yum! Can’t wait to try it. Get well soon.

Carrie says:

Thank you for the great recipe! I have an unrelated problem though…..why do you not have a carrot cake recipe on here? I was really hoping you would have one. All of your other recipe’s that I have tried turn out fantastic! Oh well I suppose I will have to continue my search….LOL…..Keep up the great work!

gary'sgirl says:

Sorry you were so sick! That’s the worst! :( This drink sounds amazing!! I have a whole bag of limes in our fridge that I was wondering what to do with. Viola! Problem solved!! ;))

TaraLynn says:

Sounds delicious…and YES it is a recipe!

Marlo says:

Oh my gosh, that looks so good!
    Do you think it will be the same with frozen strawberries? I don’t have any fresh strawberries at home…only a HUGE bag of frozen strawberries.

Jessica says:

I made this for dinner tonight. It was Delicious! Usually with limeade’s it tastes too much like soda but not this. It was the perfect mix. Thanks for such a great recipe!

Kim says:

I’m so sorry that you’re sick! It’s hard to be the mom when you feel so miserable. Thanks for the tasty recipe!!

Jamy says:

This looks wonderful and I’d love to make it for Mother’s day. I hate to make them all individually. Is there any reason you couldn’t mix the lime juice and strawberry sauce ahead of time and add the Sprite later to save time? This is probably a stupid question, so please excuse if it is! ;) Love ourbestbites!

lindsey says:

Just made these yesterday and then again today, so so good!! The strawberry sauce is amazing, I was tempted to just drink that by itself :)

Cherish Harrelson says:

My husband tells me to tell you THANK YOU! Yesterday I made a complete 3 course meal entirely off your recipes. Started with Sweet and spicy cucumbers as the app, Strawberry Limeades, Garlic and Rosemary roasted pork with the garlic and rosemary roasted baby potatoes and finished it off with the Strawberry Cream pie. It was delicious and was probably my favorite meal ive ever cooked. Thank you so much!

LeAnne says:

Just made this. The perfect afternoon ‘treat’ on a warm afternoon. Thanks!

Sarah B says:

This was a wonderful, easy drink to put together quick right before dinner. My husband and I absolutely loved it, and I had to make us each another! Good thing I had a bag of limes from Sam’s. The strawberry sauce (your recipe, of course!) was a mixture of strawberry and blackberry, which was really yummy with this drink. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

kelli says:

I made strawberry syrup tonight with this in mind. can’t wait!

eileen says:

sounds yummy!

gary's girl says:

Okay, I made these and lemm’e just say that I drank them ALL week long!! ;)) They are absolutely A-mazing!!!! :)) Thanks for such an easy and delicious recipe! ;)

Ang says:

Lovely! My husband called it the best mixed drink he’d ever had. And it was the first time I’d made the strawberry sauce, too. Now that’s a treat! I can’t wait to use the leftovers on waffle morning.

I have been craving these since I read this post so my 3 year old and I just made them! He had a genius idea to add whip cream! It made it taste just like the creamy strawberry limeades at Sonic! It was amazing! Next time (maybe tonight:)) we are gonna take it a step further and add a scoop of icecream! Can’t wait! Thanks for the recipe!

Poppy says:

Do ya think there is anyway to make a big batch of this deliciously yummy drink? I think this drink would satisfy a very pregnant mommy-to-be at a baby shower. Suggestions?? Thanks!

Allison Brooks says:

This drink is soooo delicious. My teenage daughter took a sip and said, “There is an explosion of flavor in my mouth!” and my husband wants me to make them again really soon. I already have more lime. Thanks.

Kim says:

Just whipped one of these up and it’s FABULOUS! (I have lots of limes to use up). And I used Diet Ginger Ale since that’s what’s in my fridge. :o) And just made/had the strawberry sauce for the first time yesterday atop pancakes. And think I will use more of it up on some vanilla ice cream…..And now I’m going to use up more limes to make your CREAMY LIME BARS. Thank you for everything!!

Jessica says:

What a delicious recipe! I made this for a gathering with friends, and everyone couldn’t stop raving about them. For something so easy, they sure were a big hit! One guest even exclaimed, “This is the perfect summer drink.”

lyn says:

Love this! Very, very tasty!

Orla says:

Just so you know, I can HIGHLY recommend freezing this stuff in ice lolly moulds. Amazing.

Keri says:

I have tried this recipe before making single servings, but would love to serve it for a crowd. Do you have any idea what the proportions would be if I made one large batch and served it out of a pitcher or punch bowl? Thank you for an amazing recipe!

samantha says:

OMG! This sounds ssssoooo good.I cant wait to try for my bake sale. PS:it is on 295 21 street between 5th and 6th av.it is on every Saturday and Sunday.Homeade muffins and drinks will be sold.