Quick and easy blender dressing using fresh avocado for a creamy, flavorful base.
- 1 medium-large avocado
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/4–1 1/4 cups lowfat buttermilk
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine everything but buttermilk in blender. Add in about 3/4 cup buttermilk and then secure lid. With the vent hole open in the blender and blender running on low, add in additional buttermilk until desired consistency is reached. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste, and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Note: The flavor and consistency of this dressing will vary depending on the ripeness/size/flavor of the avocados used. It’s a little different each time I make it. Feel free to adjust seasonings and quantities as you go, this is merely a guideline! If you don’t want the dressing as tangy, you could use milk, or add more honey. You can add things like plain greek yogurt, or a little mayo as well. Play around with it and see what you like!