- 12–16 ounces breakfast sausage (not maple flavored)
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion
- 1/4 heaping cup all-purpose flour
- Tabasco sauce, salt, and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3–4 cups milk (2% or whole)
- In a cast iron skillet over medium heat, crumble the sausage and cook, stirring frequently. When the sausage is about halfway cooked, add the dehydrated onion and a few shakes of Tabasco sauce (few being, like, 10 for me…more if you like it really hot, less if you’re concerned about heat.)
- When the sausage is cooked, add the flour and stir to coat completely. Reduce heat to medium-low and whisk in 1 cup of milk. When the mixture is thickened and bubbly, add another 2 cups of milk. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper (I like a lot of pepper…like I feel like this should have a distinct black pepper taste to it.) If necessary/desired, add up to 1 more cup of milk.
- To serve, break the biscuits in half and spoon the gravy over the biscuits. Eat immediately.
- To serve a crowd, the gravy can be kept warm in a crock pot and set out the biscuits so people can serve themselves.
- Serving Size: 6