This Peppermint French Silk Pie is perfect for holiday parties (or any time!)
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup+ 1 Tbsp. Crisco Butter Flavored Shortening
- Ice water (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 ½ sticks salted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 large pasteurized eggs
- 1/3 cup shaved chocolate curls
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candies
- PEPPERMINT WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 c. whipping cream
- 1/3 c. powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- COMBINE flour and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- ADD shortening in small cubes. Cut shortening with two knives or a pastry blender until you get pieces that are pea-sized.
- SPRINKLE ice water by about a teaspoon at a time over the flour/shortening mixture.
- GENTLY turn the dough with your fingers so it gets exposed to the water. You’re NOT mixing, just trying to moisten all of the flour/shortening mixture. Gradually, all of the flour mixture will be moistened. Gently pat the dough into a ball (It should come together easily but not be sticky).
- WRAP in plastic wrap and keep in the fridge until you’re ready to use.
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Roll the dough into a circle that’s about 1/8” thick. Carefully transfer the crust into a 9” pie plate. Trim the edges and shape as desired. Price the bottom of the pie crust and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- CREAM the 1 1/2 sticks of butter, vanilla, peppermint extract and granulated sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes) in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer.
- ADD the melted chocolate and mix until combined.
- ADD 1 egg and beat for 5 minutes. Add second egg and beat for another 5 minutes, and then add the third egg, beating for another 5 minutes. Scrape down the sides if necessary
- SCRAPE the chocolate filling into the pie crust using a rubber spatula. Carefully cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. When ready to serve, top with peppermint whipped cream, crushed peppermint candies and chocolate shaving.
Peppermint Whipped Cream
- COMBINE whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla, and peppermint extract in a large bowl. With an electric hand mixer, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Serve immediately with Chocolate-Peppermint French Silk Pie.
- Go to Crisco.com to find baking tips and inspiration for your next cooking and baking adventure! You can also search #CriscoCreators on social media to see what my fellow Crisco Creators have been whipping up!
- *See nutrition information for fat and saturated fat content.
- Serving Size: 8