If you’re craving something crunchy and savory, this is a fun snack that just takes a few minutes to whip up.
- 1 tablespoon butter 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed through garlic press
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 8–10 cups popped popcorn (or 1 bag natural, unsalted microwaved popcorn)
- ¾ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, more if desired
- Place butter, olive oil, and garlic in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat. Heat until butter melts and starts to lightly simmer. Cook while stirring with rubber spatula for 1-2 minutes, until garlic is softened and fragrant. Add thyme and basil and stir to combine. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Prepare popcorn if you haven’t already. Place popcorn in large mixing bowl. Drizzle butter mixture over popcorn while stirring with large spoon or spatula. Quickly toss to coat. Add Parmesan cheese and toss until well distributed. Top with additional Parmesan if desired and serve immediately.