A simple and delicious homemade ice cream with clean mint flavor and soft chocolate bits throughout.
- 2 cups cream or heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pure peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Whisk cream, milk, sugar, vanilla and 1 tablespoon peppermint extract until sugar is dissolved. Churn in ice cream maker according to manufacturer instructions.
- When ice cream is half-way finished churning, prepare chocolate. Place chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth. Add in 1/4 teaspoon extract. Let cool to just warm.
- When ice cream is done, transfer to freezer-safe container, drizzling the chocolate mixture throughout. Mix and stir a little so chocolate gets distributed.
- Freeze until firm.