Sorry for the delay! We’re excited to welcome two new additions to our Shop collection today! For those of you in Utah, both of these new items, along with the rest of our full line of Oils, vinegars, and Dipping Oil are in stock right now in-store (and on-line) at Orson Gygi as well. We asked you all to guess the other day on Instagram and a few of you got these right. The rest of you gave us some really good ideas, too, so thanks for that! We now have this hot little number, Extra Virgin Olive Oil infused with fresh Jalapeno peppers. There are no other added ingredients, it’s 100% natural, with premium olives and real peppers.
This oil has a nice mild heat and lots of jalapeno flavor. It won’t burn your mouth, but it has just enough to add a pleasant heat. It comes in both our 250 bottle, or our little 147ml bottle. The smaller 147ml bottle can be added to our 4-Flavor Sampler, or our beautiful Letterpress Boxes.
Here are some of our favorite ways to use Jalapeno oil:
-Sub it for some of the butter or oil in your favorite cornbread recipe
-Use it to saute taco meat
-Drizzle it over a guacamole burger
-Whisk it with one of our berry vinegars for a southern pepper jelly style dressing
-Coat veggies before roasting or grilling for use in fajitas or taco salads
-Use it in a latin-themed omelette
-Saute your veggies in it when starting a tortilla soup
-Rub down corn on the cob
-Brush it over tortillas before cooking quesadillas or taquitos
-Drizzle it over popcorn with fresh lime zest and chili powder
-There are lots more- that’s just a few!
Since Jalapeno and Blackberry is a trendy combination, we thought this would be the perfect time to debut the newest addition to our Balsamic line: Blackberry!
This stuff is dreeeeamy. Plump, juicy blackberries practically scream summer, and this is bursting with fruit flavor. Those of you who have our top-selling Raspberry Balsamic know our vinegars are almost like dessert sauces. Mixed with your favorite oil, they make amazing salad dressings and are a unique twist on traditional dipping oil for bread.
They also taste fantastic with desserts, like this one I’ll be posting soon!
Here are some of our favorite ways to use our Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar:
-Mix with your favorite oil and use for dipping bread (we especially love this with Lemon , Lime or Garlic!)
-Drizzle over a spinach salad with fresh blackberries, feta, avocado and bacon
-Mix with jalapeno oil for a salad dressing similar to a southern pepper jelly vinaigrette
– Drizzle over vanilla bean ice cream with fresh berries
– Drizzle over a crostini or pita chip spread with goat cheese or cream cheese
– Serve over baked brie with crackers or bread
I used both the Blackberry Balsamic and the Jalapeno Olive Oil to create this super delish Grilled Chicken with Blackberry Peach Salsa. One thing I love about the Jalapeno oil is that it allows you to control heat in a way you just can’t with fresh ones. I seem to always over do it or under do it with fresh peppers. This way, if you want a little more flavor and heat, just add a little more oil.
To add some serious zest to the chicken, be sure to add some True Lime, too, if you have some kickin’ around.
Jalapeno Grilled Chicken with Blackberry-Peach Salsa
An hot-and-sweet main dish, great for the late summer.
- 6 ounces blackberries (a small clamshell, or about 3/4–1 cup)
- 1 large peach (about 3/4–1 cup diced)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon True Lime, or 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Jalapeno Olive Oil (more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Jalapeno Olive Oil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- If blackberries are exceptionally large, gently cut in half and let it over a fine mesh strainer for about 20 minutes to drain excess moisture. Combine blackberries, peaches, green onion, cilantro, lime zest or True Lime, Jalapeno Olive Oil and Blackberry Balsamic. Toss gently to coat, and add kosher salt and pepper to taste. Cover and store in fridge until ready to use.
- Trim any excess fat off of chicken thighs and pat dry with paper towels. Drizzle with Jalapeno Olive Oil and use hands to coat both sides. Season with salt and pepper and grill until cooked through (thermometer registers 165 degrees). Remove from grill and top with salsa. Serves 4.
Since Father’s Day is coming up, think of those Dads who love to cook. Our Jalapeno Oil pairs perfectly with Bacon and Garlic for a serious Man-Pack. We have lots of cute tote bags and whisks in stock too, so grab a little something for yourself! Happy Shopping!
It won’t let me ad the code either. 🙁
I just tried to place an order and it’s telling me that the coupon code has already expired. Has it really?
So exciting! I seriously love all the olive oils! I’m just getting ready to place another order, as I am out of some and low on several others.
Couple of quick questions for you – are you going to bring back your regular extra virgin olive oil? Secondly, in your dipping oil it lists “spices”. I can no longer have iodized salt. Is there iodized salt in that dipping oil? Thanks!
Those are both going to be a big hit at my house. Jalapeno for the hubs and the blackberry for me. Thank you for making my salads more delicious and our scrambled eggs have a pop!!